The Last of Us Part II 60fps performance patch releases today

ezgif-3-bc27302e2d7d.jpg

One of the biggest games as last year, as well as the last major Sony exclusive to release only on previous-generation consoles, has received a performance patch today to enable 60fps performance. In a blog on Playstation.com, Naughty Dog's Arne Meyer announced that The Last of Us Part II's 1.08 patch would let players toggle between 30fps and 60fps options when playing the backwards-compatible Playstation 4 version on a Playstation 5.

:arrow: Source

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
This game is the only game I have played twice consecutively
i.e. when I finished the first playthrough, I started a second one right then.
That's how much I like this game.
Smh this site is ran by soy-filled cucks /s

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why this game gets so much hate. I thought that the gameplay and graphics were amazing. The AI were the most realistic that I have ever seen and the graphics on my base PS4 looked like a next gen game to me. I also thought that the story was really intresting and unique. I have never seen a game have a story with two opposing protagonists so I thought that really made the story intresting. I could also relate to both the characters and didn't really see one being in the wrong. I think that the hate mostly stems with the story being pretty depressing instead of up beat like most video game stories. I think that perhaps some people wanted a specific story to be in the game and got mad when it wasn't the story they wanted it to be. Personally, I would rather have a good and surprising story rather than a decent and somewhat predictable one.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ps4pro code cannot do 120fps
oh really captain obvious? what a genius.

But: "Once patch 1.08 for The Last of Us Part II is installed on your PS5, you will find a toggle in the Display options that allows you to choose between a Framerate Target of 30 FPS or 60 FPS. This allows you to choose your preferred framerate to complement the rest of the enhancements that are part of the PS5 backward compatibility with PS4 games, such as an enhanced resolution, faster load times, and more."

Also this was a satirical commentary so whatever if its for ps4, ps5, ps3, ps2, but i'll fix it for you:

uh, not even 360+ fps to make this crap playable.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ps4pro code cannot do 120fps
of course it could, but ps4 pro has no way of outputting at 120 fps anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fact is, the majority of people saying it has no gameplay and that the story sucks have never played it.
Who is saying it has no gameplay? People are mostly just saying the story sucks, which most people agree about.

Reactions: Lumince

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay, now we can see abby and owen fuck in 60fps!!!
God, sony what the fuck happened to you
honestly
you went from publishing great games like ape escape, parappa, God of war 1-3 and Ratchet and Clank (the actually good ps2 titles) to pumping out nothing but absolute cinematic feces like TLOU, days gone, Post PS3 Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted on a daily basis.
Sony is the reason the gaming industry tries to strive to be nothing but a bootleg hollywood that tries to make video games movies rather than just making movies
i hope they collapse one day, or the older developers manage to be put back in the spotlight.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fact is, the majority of people saying it has no gameplay and that the story sucks have never played it.
maybe because people don't want to play shitty games?

Last edited by 64bitmodels,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe because people don't want to play shitty games?

Yeah. I know, I know. Yadda yadda yadda and blah blah blah. Have anything original to say about it? The game was a massive success. The majority of people love the game. Critic and user reviews are overwhelmingly positive. You are in the small minority of people who feel the way you do - so it's FAR from a "shitty" game. It's just that YOU feel it's shitty. It's also exactly like saying a movie is complete shit without having ever seen it, or saying a band sucks without ever having heard a single note of their music. So go on with your edgy self.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: munnimann

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but there's a difference between genuine critique and whining like a entitled child.
And I genuinely think the game is bad. Not sure what the problem is.
Yeah. I know, I know. Yadda yadda yadda and blah blah blah. Have anything original to say about it? The game was a massive success. The majority of people love the game. Critic and user reviews are overwhelmingly positive. You are in the small minority of people who feel the way you do - so it's FAR from a "shitty" game. It's just that YOU feel it's shitty. It's also exactly like saying a movie is complete shit without having ever seen it, or saying a band sucks without ever having heard a single note of their music. So go on with your edgy self.
Uhhhh afaik, user reviews are 50/50
And I do not trust critic revies since every game is somehow a 8+ out of 10 and is the best game ever to companies...

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When there be a patch that fixes crappy writing and adds at least some gameplay to this lame movie?
This is fucking horseshit. Of all the shitty writing out there, cliche characters, cliche plot points, etc (JRPG, for example), you pick out the one game that used a complex storyline and cast of characters to portray a simple theme.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I genuinely think the game is bad. Not sure what the problem is.

Uhhhh afaik, user reviews are 50/50
And I do not trust critic revies since every game is somehow a 8+ out of 10 and is the best game ever to companies...

Uhhhh, you DO realize right, that the vast majority of low scores (not all) are from people who NEVER played the game for even a second? All one has to do is read them to know it was review bombed just for things like "I'll NEVER play this sjw shit fest!!! I give it a big fat ZERO!!!"

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uhhhh, you DO realize right, that the vast majority of low scores (not all) are from people who NEVER played the game for even a second?
Hmm.... so you actually KNOW, for a fact, the vast majority of low scores were by people that didn't play it for one second? I assume you've got physical evidence to back your claim up?! :rofl:

It appears you enjoyed the game. Well done. Your hard earned was well spent on it then.
I didn't enjoy the game at all - quite the dissappointment for me, coming from the first game. I played through it regardless. But my hard earned wasn't well spent on it. You may chuckle at this if you wish.
Opinions maa-an - try to remember people have different ones! Coz you're sounding as ridiculous as some of the plebs screaming at how bad it is...

Back to 60fps... Despite my disliking the game, gotta say the gameplay itself was pretty good (when we got to actually experience it...) - 60fps will make it feel so much better too - long live the current trend for boosting fps rates of older titles! :D

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.... so you actually KNOW, for a fact, the vast majority of low scores were by people that didn't play it for one second? I assume you've got physical evidence to back your claim up?! :rofl:

It appears you enjoyed the game. Well done. Your hard earned was well spent on it then.
I didn't enjoy the game at all - quite the dissappointment for me, coming from the first game. I played through it regardless. But my hard earned wasn't well spent on it. You may chuckle at this if you wish.
Opinions maa-an - try to remember people have different ones! Coz you're sounding as ridiculous as some of the plebs screaming at how bad it is...

Back to 60fps... Despite my disliking the game, gotta say the gameplay itself was pretty good (when we got to actually experience it...) - 60fps will make it feel so much better too - long live the current trend for boosting fps rates of older titles! :D

Having an opinion and saying you didn't like it at all is different from saying its a complete shitfest garbage of a game. Reading compression. I don't have anything else left to say on the matter.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
This game is the only game I have played twice consecutively
i.e. when I finished the first playthrough, I started a second one right then.
That's how much I like this game.

On topic, the 60fps option doesn't do much for me. I couldn't care less, I'm fine with good old 30 fps as long as the game itself is good. But that's just me :) I understand why it's important to others
The choppiness makes me feel nauseous. I was trying to play Spider-Man miles morales at high res low frame rate and I quickly switched to low res high frame rate. It feels less responsive.

Same with Starwars Jedi Fallen Order at 120 fps that game feels like a completely different game. It feels less like you are moving a tank, it feels fast a snappy like your are in control, less blurry too since your updating frames more often. It feels more fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr