The Kingdom Hearts games are coming to Steam

khearts.png

After a little more than three years of exclusivity with the Epic Games Store, Square Enix has decided to bring their beloved Kingdom Hearts franchise to Steam. The whole saga headed to Steam includes Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD ReMix, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts III and its Re Mind DLC, with the full collection packed together under the Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece label. They'll all be releasing the same day, on June 13th.

RombiteSkunk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.me
XP
Country
Peru

After a little more than three years of exclusivity with the Epic Games Store, Square Enix has decided to bring their beloved Kingdom Hearts franchise to Steam. The whole saga headed to Steam includes Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD ReMix, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts III and its Re Mind DLC, with the full collection packed together under the Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece label. They'll all be releasing the same day, on June 13th.

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1792722028354818287
damn >:C just bought 1.5+2.5 in december

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The KH Steam announcement trailer received more views in one day than the announcement trailer for EGS did in three years. Calling EGS a marketing black hole would be an understatement, most gamers have no idea a PC version exists when it's exclusive to Epic.
KH fans have been starved of any meaningful content for years now. Since KHIII took nine years to release from it's announcement fans have been expecting a lot of waiting and not much else. Now there are rumors floating around of a KH movie, an earlier than anticipated KHIV release, and now this. Anticipation is building and the pot is stirring. One can only hope that it keeps going.
Post automatically merged:

stupid minigames in *A BBS World*
again
I still have PTSD from fucking Fruitball. Screw Captain Dark. BBS was a great game but the minigames/mirage arena were super low moments in the series.

Last edited by AdenTheThird,
Reactions: Xzi

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
It would be super convenient if there was any retail equivalent to Steam. That'd be like a better Amazon, and there are already a lot of people who do all their shopping at Amazon.

Almost every business is retail equivelent of Steam because no one place sells everything there is to buy. I also highly doubt anyone buys all of their groceries and all other items strictly from Amazon.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Almost every business is retail equivelent of Steam because no one place sells everything there is to buy.
Again, Steam has like four times as many customer-facing features as any other launcher-storefront, there's no existing retail store that's so far ahead of their competition. Which isn't t say others are entirely incapable of replicating Steam's success, either, they would rather just try to take lazy shortcuts instead. Exclusivity is anti-competitive behavior, and making people feel like they have no choice in the matter will never lead to long-term engagement with a platform. The way to win people over is to make them feel like they've made the right choice, not the only choice.

I also highly doubt anyone buys all of their groceries and all other items strictly from Amazon.
You would be wrong. They offer grocery delivery and even pharmaceutical delivery at this point. Now imagine if it took less than an hour to deliver all of that to you, their prices were competitive with Wal-Mart, and they had a flat business structure meaning all their employees get paid well. That would be closer to the equivalent of Steam.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Again, Steam has like four times as many customer-facing features as any other launcher-storefront, there's no existing retail store that's so far ahead of their competition. Which isn't t say others are entirely incapable of replicating Steam's success, either, they would rather just try to take lazy shortcuts instead. Exclusivity is anti-competitive behavior, and making people feel like they have no choice in the matter will never lead to long-term engagement with a platform. The way to win people over is to make them feel like they've made the right choice, not the only choice.

You would be wrong. They offer grocery delivery and even pharmaceutical delivery at this point. Now imagine if it took less than an hour to deliver all of that to you, their prices were competitive with Wal-Mart, and they had a flat business structure meaning all their employees get paid well. That would be closer to the equivalent of Steam.

LMFAO!!!! That's quite the moving of goal posts from my very simple original statement. And I'm not wrong. I am full aware of what is sold from Amazon. I've been a Prime member for almost 15 years. There are tons of grocery items not available on Amazon. Saying that ANYONE does 100% of their shopping at Amazon is nonsense.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Saying that ANYONE does 100% of their shopping at Amazon is nonsense.
I'll forgive your naivety since you live in Canada, but there are a LOT of severely obese homebodies in America, particularly in the South-Southeast. Then there were also the pandemic years to account for, when Amazon's profits spiked above already-record numbers.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost every business is retail equivelent of Steam because no one place sells everything there is to buy. I also highly doubt anyone buys all of their groceries and all other items strictly from Amazon.
I agree with Xzi here. There aren't very many people here who order literally everything through Amazon but they do exist. At the very least groceries through Amazon is becoming more common. It's a good metaphor--I don't always get my games off of Steam, but its usually the first place I check because of the convenience.

Reactions: The Catboy and Xzi

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://x.com/IGN/status/1793205301283299587

Lol, marketing black hole. Even IGN's intial tweet was "finally makes it's way to PC" and had to have a note added to it.

Still don't see why we have to go through this "it's just a launcher" nonsense everytime, even if you ignore the huge list of features Steam has and EGS doesn't, people pick where to shop all the time, based on service, return polices, price, or whatever, no one cares, but when people do the same and choose to shop at Steam, it's suddenly an issue.

Also if I'm going to trust my digital library with someone (I'd prefer drm free or physical, but other than older/indie stuff on gog, that horse has bolted), who shall I trust:

Valve, PC focused and stuck with us even in the bad times and made in roads into high piracy countries with "piracy is a service issue" and while it started bad has continually improved Steam.

EPIC. Started as a PC focused company, when the grass looked greener on consoles, called pc gamers pirates, took their ball and went to console only to sulk back when the going is good again. After years and despite Fortnite money, the launcher is still missing basic features like chat and there are no wallet gift cards like every other store, because despite 12% being enough to run a store, Tim Epic also says it's not enough for a standard digitial store feature of gift cards.

Who shall I trust with my digital library :unsure:

Reactions: Kioku

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
I'll forgive your naivety since you live in Canada, but there are a LOT of severely obese homebodies in America, particularly in the South-Southeast. Then there were also the pandemic years to account for, when Amazon's profits spiked above already-record numbers.

Okay. That's just stupid. I was born and raised in the USA. I lived in Canada for 3 years. The rest of the time in the US. Currently in MN. So 49 years in the US and 3 years in Canada. But okay. LMFAO! The rest is nothing but straw men arguments.

I agree with Xzi here. There aren't very many people here who order literally everything through Amazon but they do exist. At the very least groceries through Amazon is becoming more common. It's a good metaphor--I don't always get my games off of Steam, but its usually the first place I check because of the convenience.

Okay. One of you can point me in the direction of even ONE person who literally purchases everything from only Amazon. I'll wait...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay. That's just stupid.
I don't know what to tell ya, there's no shortage of people with more money than sense, and there's no shortage of people who work hard at being the laziest they can possibly be.

So 49 years in the US and 3 years in Canada.
And you've never heard of a friend of a friend or a distant relative who orders everything online? Hard to believe. Sure there are some specialty items that you can't get from Amazon, but not everybody has niche interests/hobbies.

You might as well be claiming that there's no such thing as hermits in general.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
I don't know what to tell ya, there's no shortage of people with more money than sense, and there's no shortage of people who work hard at being the laziest they can possibly be.

And you've never heard of a friend of a friend or a distant relative who orders everything online? Hard to believe. Sure there are some specialty items that you can't get from Amazon, but not everybody has niche interests/hobbies.

You might as well be claiming that there's no such thing as hermits in general.

First you tryed to be all smart thinking I was just a clueless Canadian. Called you out then you move your posts, again.

Look. You're the one that made claims of there being people that purchase EVERYTHING... ONLY from Amazon. You said it. Not me. Now you're moving goal posts with "But but but... well.... sure there are some specialty items...." and more straw men with "but not everybody has niche interests/hobbies".

Fact is there is literally no one that you, I, or anyone else knows or can even prove that they purchase 100% of everything they buy from Amazon 100% of the time. It's just an unrealistic statement to make and you've not given a shred of evidence of it happening.

Conversation is over for me. Literally no one purchases everything they buy only from Amazon. No amount of your walking back statments, moving your goal posts, and creating more strawmen will change that fact.

Off to listen to the new Solar Fake album. :)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Look. You're the one that made claims of there being people that purchase EVERYTHING... ONLY from Amazon. You said it. Not me. Now you're moving goal posts with "But but but... well.... sure there are some specialty items...." and more straw men with "but not everybody has niche interests/hobbies".
Adding supporting details and statements is not the same as moving the goalposts. I maintain that there are people who buy everything from Amazon, from groceries to alcohol to pharmaceuticals to electronics to so on and so forth. For your average Joe, they sell everything one could possibly need or want, and so it stands to reason that there are people who buy everything they need or want from Amazon. And yes I do personally know of individuals (as in more than one) just outside of my social circle who serve as anecdotal evidence of that.

Prior to Amazon reaching the height of its popularity, Wal-Mart was the go-to one-stop shop for a whole lot of rural America, as it was the only big box retail store within fifty plus miles. After the rise of Amazon, some of those Wal-Marts closed down, meaning that the only retail option left for some communities was shopping online.

All that said, the entire argument misses the point. When it comes to digital goods, there's no good reason why we shouldn't be able to have everything in one place, especially if that one place is providing far more value adds than all of the competition combined.

Last edited by Xzi,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ITT:

EPIC BAD
lOl whO CAreS, *insert mentally obtuse comparison to retail shopping*
Bad port

Modern day gaming is PHENOMENAL, I tell you hwat.

It's about time, though. Console exclusivity is one thing, but launcher exclusivity is a great way to ensure your game misses target day 1 sales.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Still don't see why we have to go through this "it's just a launcher" nonsense everytime,
Honestly, I think some people just enjoy shit market places and having too many launchers just to enjoy a game. Nothing’s more fun than having a gaming library split between a proper platform like Steam and a piece of shit like Epic/Ubisoft/EA/etc.

Reactions: Kioku and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's about time, though. Console exclusivity is one thing, but launcher exclusivity is a great way to ensure your game misses target day 1 sales.
The concept of having both Tencent and Fortnite money backing them and then dropping the ball so goddamn hard remains mind-blowing to me. Instead of throwing away money on exclusivity deals, they could've had a hundred plus of the world's best coders working on their launcher-storefront for years prior to its debut. Yet here we are with EGS still in the red, year after year, half a decade after its launch.

Honestly, I think some people just enjoy shit market places and having too many launchers just to enjoy a game. Nothing’s more fun than having a gaming library split between a proper platform like Steam and a piece of shit like Epic/Ubisoft/EA/etc.
People have definitely gotten too comfortable with taking the worst of what short-sighted corporations decide to dish out. TV/movie streaming is probably the most prominent example in recent years, it has nearly circled all the way back around to becoming cable. Thus piracy once again becomes the solution to a service problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up