'Kingdom Hearts IV' announced

KINGDOM_HEARTS_IV_logo_EN_rgb_wt.png

As part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, Square Enix and Disney have announced that the next installment, Kingdom Hearts IV, is in early development. An announcement trailer was aired for the occasion:

In the announcement trailer, Sora makes a triumphant return with an updated look at the beginning of an epic new storyline titled the “Lost Master Arc.” Beginning with Sora facing off in a boss battle against a giant enemy, players are introduced to the Quadratum, a large, expansive city set in a gorgeous, realistic world unlike anything ever seen before in the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Fans will be excited to see the return of Sora’s well-known companions Donald and Goofy, in addition to the first appearance of Strelitzia, a mysterious new character who appears before Sora in this strange new setting.

Also announced today is the brand-new mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Missing Link, which is set to launch on Android and iOS devices as a closed beta sometime this year in specific locations.

Given that Kingdom Hearts IV is in early development, not much else is known about the launch window or the platforms it will launch on at this time.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You literally have zero understanding of which team works on what. If not, you're welcome to prove me wrong with a list of employees which work on ff7 remake and which on KH.

Nomura doesn't need to work on FF7 Remake, the scenario is likely finalized and gameplay-wise they don't have the budget to change things too much. Only thing I expect is they'll do open-world at some point.

Nomura said they're aiming for the middle or end of this generation, so likely 2024-2026.

So you want each story to be the same and follow the same structure? Gotcha. For that you are welcome to enjoy many of the Hollywood classics, for example CSI - every episode starts and ends the same. Enjoy..

You don't want to know.

Because a video game existing somehow hurts your little pride, ok. Gamers are worse than ultras.

They literally showed pre-alpha development footage which doesn't seem to be anything more than a pre-render for one world.

Kingdom Hearts was never about the ending. The main focus is enjoying the ride..
You're mad people have criticisms over something. You're clearly blinded by your love for KH.

mar789

Master Italian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Double posted accidentally, add a delete post already GBATemp. It's not 2002 anymore. Terms say refrain from double posting but you refuse to add a delete post button?

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, CoD's much better than this convoluted fanfiction, and this comes from someone that isn't into FPSes.
Also, welcome to my ignore list, corporate bootlicker.
nope, nope it is not, this is just my opinion but i think cod is one of the worst game series, lmfao

abda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

As part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, Square Enix and Disney have announced that the next installment, Kingdom Hearts IV, is in early development. An announcement trailer was aired for the occasion:

Also announced today is the brand-new mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Missing Link, which is set to launch on Android and iOS devices as a closed beta sometime this year in specific locations.

Given that Kingdom Hearts IV is in early development, not much else is known about the launch window or the platforms it will launch on at this time.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

im so happy. I have been waiting for this game for so long and im a huge kingdom hearts fan so now I think its the right time to replay everything. as I forgot to say I am happy to wait maybe and the story is all over the place so I hope to understand everything before jumping in.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they say that one of the reasons KH3 took so long to make was because the custom engine they were originally using was too difficult to program with
Sounds like a bad excuse. There's no way the in house engine was that bad. If it was, they could always modify it to be easier to use. They probably switched because it's easier to use UE4 than it is to program your own engines and libraries. The trade off is Unreal Engine games have shit performance on base PS4 and Switch a lot of the time.
At least you're not like me and some others, waiting for a decent PC release since I'm not grabbing it on the bloatware that is EGS.
At least it's not a resource hog like Steam.
Nomura is clearly still butthurt over being shafted from FFV13.

This is clearly Kingdom Hearts: Versus (Org.) XIII
Maybe that's why it doesn't look that interesting to me. It's gonna suffer from the same crap BBS and III suffered from. Trying to make Kingdom Hearts serious makes seem way more childish than the earlier lighthearted entries.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

Randy Steele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KH3 kinda killed my love for the series but I still enjoyed parts of it. I actually just picked up kh3 on pc for my steam deck and it's amazing on a handheld depite being a chore to get running on the deck. I really just wanted to experience the dlc and mods. Kh4 looks interesting though. Definitely looks like the spiritual succesor to Versus 13.

Reactions: sley

Aristeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At the rate SE keeps dragging this series out, I think they are trying to complete with Nintendo for "Company with the largest number of neglected IPs"

Nintendo needs to watch out with all the Metroid games, they're going to lose their crown...

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup