• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Israel and Palestine conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought there could use a proper general thread for the conflict.
Ideally it could be a good discussion and not going at each other.
Remember not to generalize on populations, there are good people in any group, etc. Politics and extremists are not representative of everyone.

The attacks that have been committed by Hamas have been horrible, please bear in mind that innocent lives matter.
That said, this is true for Palestine as well. Israel has also done a lot of atrocities and in the past displaced and harmed/killed thousands of Palestinians.

It's a complex talk in some ways because this region hasn't been the most stable and has seen different groups control it, but as far as I've seen there was still a time where the inhabitants lived mostly in peace with jews there, and the british control then gave way to israel's. Some people have said that the instability is reason to see it as that palestinians did not have a claim on this land, while others consider both britain and then israel to be colonizers and so this is not a good point.
However, this doesn't excuse that there have been many inhabitants pushed off the land by Israel, either way, and the pushback has been dealt with extreme force where many innocent lives are harmed or killed in the aftermath of Israel's pushes or defense, whether provoked or not.

I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this. (including from different sides)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
*sigh*I
I think it's best to be brief from my end. I condone the attacks, but feel like Hamas had no real option to negotiate anything for Palestine otherwise.
Meanwhile, Israel has been doing a slow genocide for decades. They just stopped pretending otherwise after the latest attack.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention attacking the USS Liberty.
1E9165AEE6DE0813261207A516CB3DB6.png

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: Sialoquent

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it to be a rather pathetic copout to preface criticism of Israel with some cursory condemnation of Hamas, given their role in this conflict is so disproportiately infinitesimal as to be statistically insignificant, while even that can be looked at as a morally justified response to decades of ethnic cleansing.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the Palestinians probably feel desperate and haven't had success in more peaceful routes, and more adding to the situation out of desperation to the bad. I'm not sure what they can do honestly, but the world could do a better job to influence for peace there and not give free reign or more money to Israel to do all they're doing, for one thing. Besides more precise operations. It's not an easy situation but lots of innocent lives are being lost right now which is awful.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm with Isreal on this one, after what these subhuman hamas medievil scum did to them I have zero sympathy if Hamas are all turned to glass and end up nothing more than relics of history. Here's hoping every single one of them is caught and killed in the worst way possible. Isreal should pump the tunnels full of nerve agent, or flood them with sea water - let the rats drown, and those that pop up - shoot them in the head.

Last edited by mrdude,

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with Isreal on this one, after what these subhuman hamas medievil scum did to them I have zero sympathy if Hamas are all turned to glass and end up nothing more than relics of history. Here's hoping every single one of them is caught and killed in the worst way possible. Isreal should pump the tunnels full of nerve agent, or flood them with sea water - let the rats drown, and those that pop up - shoot them in the head.
AI has become very realistic and can make people believe almost anything.
So yes, it is a fake. Not all that different from Hollywood movies.
25A8D4CB9B3272A1C7367215A2962EA0.jpg

Last edited by _47iscool,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
AI has become very real and can make people believe almost anything.
So yes, it is a fake. Not all that different from Hollywood movies.
View attachment 402553
Some people post fake news (I agree) - we have seen lots of that in the last few years, especially from the left.

Are you serioulsy that mad that you think that 7th October never happened and all the videos uploaded by Hamas to social media were fake, all the people that got killed/kindnapped never happened and all these rockets being fired into Isreal are AI generated?

Some people are that far down the rabbit hole that there's no hope for them having any semblance of sanity, are you one of those types?

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serioulsy that mad that you think that 7th October never happened and all the videos uploaded by Hamas to social media were fake, all the people that got killed/kindnapped never happened and all these rockets being fired into Isreal are AI generated?

Some people are that far down the rabbit hole that there's no hope for them having any semblance of sanity, are you one of those types?

I never said that. But the Palestinians have had much worse done to them almost nonstop for decades now.
3F677D7CE93173E7576CDDC47C207E56.jpg

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I never said that. But the Palestinians have had much worse done to them almost nonstop for decades now.View attachment 402555
How would you hold Hamas to account for what they did? How would you ensure they faced justice for what they have done? They are not going to hand themselves in, they are cowards hiding amongst a scared population, they are evil terrorists and they deserve to die - every single one of them, there's nothing you can say to me or millions of others throughout the world that will change our minds. I would like to see the end of these jew haters and Hamas for good - the world will be a better place when they are obliterated from the face of the earth.

Reactions: RaptorDMG

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
After all what hamas did, i don't care what human rights will be violated!
Wow, so we're appealing to war crimes now?
Post automatically merged:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of Hamas supporters, say this guy, for example?

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you hold Hamas to account for what they did? How would you ensure they faced justice for what they have done? They are not going to hand themselves in, they are cowards hiding amongst a scared population, they are evil terrorists and they deserve to die - every single one of them, there's nothing you can say to me or millions of others throughout the world that will change our minds. I would like to see the end of these jew haters and Hamas for good - the world will be a better place when they are obliterated from the face of the earth.

us-israel relationship.png

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You failed to answer my question, which does not surprise me at all. This is very common for those that don't have any answers. Instead you just posted a silly meme, that's why you won't be taken serioulsy by me or anyone else.
First you tried to hint that that these attrocities carried out by Hamas were AI generated, then this meme - it's a pretty pathetic response to be honest and I expected better. However it's clear you can't see the woods for the trees - you can't see evil where it really exists and you have no answers on how to deal with it either.
Israel will triumph over these barbarians, the west has it's back and so do most normal sane people. If you ever read the bible - so does god!

Reactions: RaptorDMG

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You failed to answer my question, which does not surprise me at all. This is very common for those that don't have any answers. Instead you just posted a silly meme, that's why you won't be taken serioulsy by me or anyone else.
First you tried to hint that that these attrocities carried out by Hamas were AI generated, then this meme - it's a pretty pathetic response to be honest and I expected better. However it's clear you can't see the woods for the trees - you can't see evil where it really exists and you have no answers on how to deal with it either.
Israel will triumph over these barbarians, the west has it's back and so do most normal sane people. If you ever read the bible - so does god!
It's not easy to know what is real or fake at times, because things can be staged. Like those so-called gas attacks in Syria some years ago.
mossad 01.jpeg

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
4chan with a gaming site skin.

"If you are against Israel, you are against the existence of Judaism."

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
In my estimation, Netanyahu and the far-right influences in Israel's government rank ahead of Hamas as the worst thing to happen to the region in recent years. They've been 100% opposed to a two-state solution, which inevitably meant that slaughtering or driving the entire Palestinian population out of their home land was the only solution they would accept.

Should go without saying, but I condemn all forms of racism, bigotry, and antisemitism. Your average Jewish or Arabic person isn't responsible for any of this, but all too often have to deal with the fallout from it anyway.

Last edited by Xzi,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Some people are that far down the rabbit hole that there's no hope for them having any semblance of sanity, they think that Israel hasn't been stealing land from Palestine constantly and committing human rights violations against the people living in Palestine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto