• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

A minor rant

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's a fair criticism and I'd say they should probably use the slightly more specific "African pride" instead...but then again there are what? Like ten black guys total in Sweden? :lol:

(Not a whole lot of black people in Colorado either, just joking around a bit.)
lol no, we have a lot

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Taxes wouldn't even be an issue if people saw more positive effects of them in their own communities. The problem is that most of our taxes in the US go to corporate welfare, rather than to helping individuals who actually need it. Not to mention corporations like McDonald's and Wal-Mart which walk employees through signing up for food stamps during orientation, IE taking from taxpayers both coming and going.
Billionaires take taxes and don't pay taxes, that alone should say something about our society.

Reactions: AncientBoi and Xzi

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
I don't believe I defined "true capitalism". I did suggest that America is not doing it. Do you want to entertain me with your thought process?

The white man is the only person, on the whole planet, who is not allowed to be proud. Many white men try to escape this fate by becoming women.
that is why karens exist.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
that is why karens exist.
Can you explain what you mean by that? AFAIK "Karens" aren't restricted to gender, race, or even societal conditions, even though they were originally popularized by cliché entitled white women (presumably in America). I can imagine a "Karen" existing anywhere. To me, it's just someone who grossly overestimates their own authority and acts entitled. (ie. @Xzi)

Last edited by tabzer,

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Can you explain what you mean by that? AFAIK "Karens" aren't restricted to gender, race, or even societal conditions, even though they were originally popularized by cliché entitled white women (presumably in America). I can imagine a "Karen" existing anywhere. To me, it's just someone who has grossly overestimates their own authority and acts entitled. (ie. @Xzi)
because they are not allowed to be proud they go the route of faux "victimization" to assert their dominance.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
because they are not allowed to be proud they go the route of faux "victimization" to assert their dominance.
They are allowed though. That's why it annoys everyone. They embody the rhetoric to its dysfunction. You can't shame a Karen because a Karen knows no shame. They are a victim, no matter what.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so Karens are all disagreeable women, correct?

I said earlier:

AFAIK "Karens" aren't restricted to gender, race, or even societal conditions, even though they were originally popularized by cliché entitled white women (presumably in America). I can imagine a "Karen" existing anywhere. To me, it's just someone who grossly overestimates their own authority and acts entitled. (ie. @Xzi)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi