GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zergslayer69 said:
Yes there is a my little pony revival. It's called friendship is magic. It's fun to watch. It doesn't reek of intense girlyness that the original had. This one is like power puff girls pony edition or something. For a show that was intended for single digit age girls, a ton of late teen early twenties guys love it.
What does that have to do with this thread?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zergslayer69 said:
For a show that was intended for single digit age girls, a ton of late teen early twenties guys love it.

Just you doesn't really count as a "ton".
tongue.gif

I recently tested 20/20 but I was in gamestop yeterday and looked (albeit briefly) at a 3ds and wasn't hugely impressed.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the 3d doesn't come flying at your face. So for those expecting that yes they will be disappointed. But if you take it for what it is, glasses less 3d, then it's quite cool. I would say it seems to extend into the screen by maybe 1.5 inches and outwards maybe 1 inch if that makes any sense.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip

anw
3d is different for some people, some see it better, some see it just a little bit and some don't see it at all
i myself friggin love the 3d, more than i thought i would, i don't wear any glasses, never had one, nor issues with my eyes and it's really great

but as much as it sound great, it might wouldn't work out for you, even if you would see it
some ppl really have to get used to it, in the beginning they keep having headaches and stuff
some ppl move the console too much around thus hate it because of the sweet spot
if you could see the 3d, chances are, there might be something else that would bother about it

for me it works but a few people out there who can see it, pretty much still use it in 2d
also, you get to have more battery life
so i guess you don't lose much

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
zergslayer69 said:
Yes there is a my little pony revival. It's called friendship is magic. It's fun to watch. It doesn't reek of intense girlyness that the original had. This one is like power puff girls pony edition or something. For a show that was intended for single digit age girls, a ton of late teen early twenties guys love it.
What does that have to do with this thread?
When ISN'T My Little Ponies relevant?

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
See? A ton isn't just myself.

Also, even if you can't see 3d at least games look better than the ds and we can stop with the chibi characters in every 3d game due to low pixel count.

ProtoKnux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I acknowledge the fact that some people cannot see the 3D effect. But no one who actually sees it is a liar either. And I've seen a lot of people who cannot see the effect acting against people who can. That's what pisses me off the most.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
xakota said:
One of my friends can't see 3D in movies but he can actually see the 3DS 3D. I was really shocked.

I find the 3DS easier on my one bad eye than some films/3D sports I've seen. Think because you can angle it to where you want, whereas if you're sitting in certain spots watching a movie or 3D TV the effect's not great.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Like I say, one of my eyes is shit and I think it looks very cool.

If you can't see 3D, you don't see real life in 3D, so it's just as realistic
nyanya.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
campbell00 said:
After reading about the effects and how they really work, I was really excited when my 3DS arrived in the mail today. When the system began to test for 3D functionality, however, I didn't notice any difference. Not even with the slider at various positions.

The picture's not blurry or doubled. I simply don't notice a difference. I think it's because I have a dominant eye (right), and so I'm really not perceiving two images. Just the one on my right.

Anyone else have any issues that they'd want to share? Any solutions?
I actually may end up in the same situation as you!
Its been a while since I watched a movie in 3D, but I also have a dominant eye.
I am going to test the 3DS out for a bit.
Well 3D or not, I will buy it anyway but just to make sure
biggrin.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Does it count if even with the slider on max, I barely see a difference? I mean, I can tell it's 3D, it's just that it seems to pop out/back so... little...

Oh, and I can see 3D movies with the glasses just fine.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I think they can take more liberties with the 3D effect in movies because they know exactly where everything will be in the frame. They can make something pop right out towards you and know it'll be all in shot. In games, if you have something popping 4 inches out of the screen towards you and suddenly half of it is cut off by the edge of the screen, it would look very odd.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No 3D for me... ^^ Left eye is almost blind, but I still like the efect of the 3D Screen if the slider hardly pushed upwards. If I put it on max I only see a big mess though. ^^

But it still gives me the impression that I could grab into the screen and just get something outta there. ^^ And it's much more of an effect than any 3D movies I tried to watch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o