OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IMG-20220322-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220322-WA0001.jpg

The first image shows the top screen with 3d effect turned off, the second one is with the 3d turned on at full depth, as you can see (I think 😅), the 3d effect doesn't work properly and instead of producing the correct 3d image it shows up a blurred image, apparently the images that are supposed to aim at each eye separately somehow get "fused" in a single blurry image.

I'm not sure what the issue could be, I have no idea if this is a software or hardware problem, I actually started to have this problem around a year ago, but back then I could solve it by simply closing the lid and opening it again, but as time went by, the issue became more persistent until now that 3d doesn't seem to work anymore, I tried disconnecting the screen's flex cable, cleaning the connector with alcohol, then reconnecting but that didn't seem to work, I don't know if the issue may be that the 3d lcd has a lifespan and it already reached it's end since this console is really old (I got it back in 2014, but the dude that sold it to me had it since 2012), and during all this time I never had an issue with the screens until now.

Now, this isn't a really important issue for me since I rarely use the 3d effect anyway, but I was curious as to why this is happening and if it has a solution that doesn't imply replacing the top screen, I wouldn't want to do that since I once teared apart my console and removing the top screen was a nightmare, so I wouldn't want to do that again.

P.D. : When I teared apart the console and reassembled it, the 3d effect was working and kept working for a few more years, so I'm pretty sure that the flex cable or any other part wasn't damaged in the process, so I don't think that is the issue but, who knows for sure?

Last edited by Sirius1428,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.