The "I can't see 3D" club

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by campbell00, Mar 31, 2011.

Mar 31, 2011

The "I can't see 3D" club by campbell00 at 2:55 PM (5,525 Views / 0 Likes) 53 replies

1. campbell00
    OP

Member campbell00 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After reading about the effects and how they really work, I was really excited when my 3DS arrived in the mail today. When the system began to test for 3D functionality, however, I didn't notice any difference. Not even with the slider at various positions.

The picture's not blurry or doubled. I simply don't notice a difference. I think it's because I have a dominant eye (right), and so I'm really not perceiving two images. Just the one on my right.

Anyone else have any issues that they'd want to share? Any solutions?

2. Knyaz Vladimir

Member Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Canada
    My eyes tend to cross and blur whenever the hell they feel like. I can change it back, but that problem makes it hard to see 3D in real life, and even 2D images are screwed up because of this.

I doubt I'll see anything 3D right, went to a 3D glasses movie (IMAX), kept on doubling at different points- seems like I see in layers and unless I'm focused on that direct layer, I can't see shit.

3. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Get glasses to correct that.

4. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    maybe that's why you should have previewed one at best buy instead of just buying one just cause Nintendo convinced you to do so.

5. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i have bad vision in both eyes and an astigmatism in my right eye so i have to wear glasses to see anything far off but close up i'm fine.
    i can see 3D on mine fine with my glasses, but it does hurt my eyes and cause the images to blur and go out of focus without them probably because i am used to wearing them.
    though this i think is mostly because of the astigmatism and isn't a big problem because with my glasses on it's fine.

6. campbell00
    OP

Member campbell00 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I convinced myself, thank you. I didn't buy it for the 3D (in fact, I had doubts that I could perceive it before I bought it). That still doesn't make it any less dissapointing

7. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  8. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
  9. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No sense of humor no jutsu~

Luckily I'm near sighted so most of the time the 3DS is close enough that I don't have issues. I can see the 3d effect better without my glasses (and I can have the 3d effect turned up higher) but I don't need that huge sense of depth, it actually looks better to me (more natural) with the effect subtle.

Hell I mostly have the 3d on simply because the image does look better (double resolution)

10. doyama

United States
    Dunno maybe I'm biased since I was there when he was drawing it at PAX. It was hilarious to see the drawing sort of start off pretty tame, but then progressively get more gory as he added all sorts of stuff to the last panel. Admittedly the My Little Pony request was a bit odd... Is there some kind of My Little Pony revival going on or something? People were asking about it at both Q&A sessions I went to.

11. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    3ds: eye test of the future?

12. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've got an optic disc pit in my right eye, so my left eye is extremely dominant. I can see the 3D fine though, guess seeing as I've had it from birth my brain's compensated for it.

13. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I can't see in 3D myself (nor any shade of red), but I am not disappointed in the 3DS because honestly I didn't care about the 3D, I only care about the games over the effects.

14. Pavichokche

Newcomer Pavichokche Advanced Member

Canada
    HAHAHA, YES !!! It's totally true, we already have depth perception and can simulate it on screens, so what's the point of tricking our eyes into thinking they're really seeing it??? Nintendo should take a page from Sony's book and focus on making good games and not just trippy gimmicks. [​IMG]

15. xakota

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    One of my friends can't see 3D in movies but he can actually see the 3DS 3D. I was really shocked.

16. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    so you're saying you can't tell the difference between 2d and 3d games? shame, maybe you're one of the unlucky few to miss out....

17. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    As someone who can see the 3D, i'll tell ya you aren't missing anything special.

18. doyama

United States
    I think there are potentially some good gameplay mechanics that can be based on having actual depth perception in the game. The AR games are actually a good indication of what is possible. I'm hoping that there are some good devs out there with some creative ideas as to how to effectively use the 3D aspect as a core gameplay mechanic, even if some people can't see it.

19. Extorting

Newcomer Extorting Newbie

United States
    LoL are u sure u can see 3d because it looks pretty special to me and about a million others that bought a 3ds

20. zergslayer69

Member zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes there is a my little pony revival. It's called friendship is magic. It's fun to watch. It doesn't reek of intense girlyness that the original had. This one is like power puff girls pony edition or something. For a show that was intended for single digit age girls, a ton of late teen early twenties guys love it.