The Game of Thrones (HBO TV Series)

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what?
Ok, "legend" is pushing it, but come on. The man is like an Aizen from ASOIAF. Aizen from Bleach i mean. He is behind all that has come to be.

Would Ned Stark have gone south as the Hand if Jon hadn't suspected and found out about that secret?

I think Jon needed at least a cameo in a Flashback along with young Robert B.

D

Deleted_171835

Quick question, can I read the first Game of Thrones book after watching the first season of the show without spoiling any future events (like in season 2 and onwards)?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, can I read the first Game of Thrones book after watching the first season of the show without spoiling any future events (like in season 2 and onwards)?

Apparently the first season goes by the first book. The second season is like the first half of the second book from what I've heard. So yes, you can.

This is just from what I've been told, I don't have much interest in the books myself.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Guild would be correct, the first season followed most of the first book and doesn't spoil any future seasons, whereas the second book sort of got pushed aside after a few episodes in the second season.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the first season followed most of the first book and doesn't spoil any future seasons

Technically the end of the first series does spoil a few events from the second book but as it was the other way around that is of little concern.

Back on the Jon Arryn thing, of the many characters/events to get truncated, merged, tweaked and moved around a bit I would still say he is not one (he is referenced plenty and his death/last days was a direct motivation for a lot of things as you say- most of which seem quite in line with the source material) and given the entire gimmick is realtime point of view (at least for now) and he died prior to the series starting.....

Anyway saw the first episode of series 3. A fine opener.

Reactions: LeonardoFM

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How long till Summer is given his name in the series? Lol...

And what about the Reeds, does anyone have info about them? Are they gonna meet the boy? (i dont wanna spoil for non readers)

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long till Summer is given his name in the series? Lol...

And what about the Reeds, does anyone have info about them? Are they gonna meet the boy? (i dont wanna spoil for non readers)

IIRC, IGN had a thing a bit ago saying they were cast and would show up this season.

My biggest wonder is which of the 3 major things were going to see this season since its only half the book.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enjoyed season three's opener although it's a bit odd not watching the series back-to-back.

As always though, great writing, very well introduced plot points, the series always does take a while to reach its huge climaxes but that's what I like. It takes the proper time for build up so they payoff is so much more rewarding.

Beats the shit out of TWD.

Reactions: mysticwaterfall

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone bought the hardback 'Inside Game of Thrones'? Its supposed to walkthrough how they made the first two seasons, looks pretty good

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Dracarys"

LOLWTFBBQ happens.

I never liked Daenerys in the novels, but she seems somehow more badass in the tv show... but that could be because, y'know, Emilia Clarke.

D

Deleted_171835

Finally got caught up on Game of Thrones, to sum up what I thought of each season,

Season 1: holy fuck dragons
Season 2: holy fuck white walkers
Season 3: holy fuck red wedding

So yeah, I really really like this show, production values are amazing and pretty much every character is wonderfully cast. Really makes some of the other shows currently on TV (Walking Dead mostly) look like giant turds in comparison. Looking forward to season 4!

The show just loves one-upping itself with shocking scenes.

• Ned Stark dying, although it is Sean Bean, that was bound to happen.
  • Then it was Drogo who died from an infested cut thanks to that witch doctor. And then Daenerys trying to get her to save him leaving Drogo in some vegetative state and killing her child. That was already pretty fucked up.
  • And then Melisandre JUST HAD TO give birth to some demon shadow creature...which then ends up killing Stannis's brother.
  • Because that wasn't enough, we had warlocks who end up murdering the entire council in Qarth, kidnapping her dragons and then dying at the hands of her dragons.
  • That whole episode, Blackwater (not exactly shocking but really intense nonetheless).
  • HUNDREDS OF FUCKING UNDEAD WHITE WALKERS. (who seemed to have found Sam too pathetic to kill)
  • Joffrey being the little psychopath that he is.
  • Jamie LOSING HIS HAND.
  • ARYA'S FUCKING MOTHER, BROTHER AND HIS PREGNANT WIFE ALL DEAD IN ONE EPISODE.

tl;dr: everybody dies

Full disclosure, I haven't read the books but checking the wiki page for Tyrion (because he's pretty much the best character there), I can safely say show Tyrion > book Tyrion.

67365_499602616764076_121191227_n.png

Oh and show Tyrion is way more handsome than the Tyrion described in the books.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Finally got caught up on Game of Thrones, to sum up what I thought of each season,

Season 1: holy fuck dragons
Season 2: holy fuck white walkers
Season 3: holy fuck red wedding

So yeah, I really really like this show, production values are amazing and pretty much every character is wonderfully cast. Really makes some of the other shows currently on TV (Walking Dead mostly) look like giant turds in comparison. Looking forward to season 4!

The show just loves one-upping itself with shocking scenes.

• Ned Stark dying, although it is Sean Bean, that was bound to happen.
  • Then it was Drogo who died from an infested cut thanks to that witch doctor. And then Daenerys trying to get her to save him leaving Drogo in some vegetative state and killing her child. That was already pretty fucked up.
  • And then Melisandre JUST HAD TO give birth to some demon shadow creature...which then ends up killing Stannis's brother.
  • Because that wasn't enough, we had warlocks who end up murdering the entire council in Qarth, kidnapping her dragons and then dying at the hands of her dragons.
  • That whole episode, Blackwater (not exactly shocking but really intense nonetheless).
  • HUNDREDS OF FUCKING UNDEAD WHITE WALKERS. (who seemed to have found Sam too pathetic to kill)
  • Joffrey being the little psychopath that he is.
  • Jamie LOSING HIS HAND.
  • ARYA'S FUCKING MOTHER, BROTHER AND HIS PREGNANT WIFE ALL DEAD IN ONE EPISODE.

tl;dr: everybody dies

Full disclosure, I haven't read the books but checking the wiki page for Tyrion (because he's pretty much the best character there), I can safely say show Tyrion > book Tyrion.

67365_499602616764076_121191227_n.png

Oh and show Tyrion is way more handsome than the Tyrion described in the books.

Aye, I strongly recommend reading the books while waiting for the 4th season. If you thought those were surprising, there's more in store in the books. The show Tyrion is based very strongly on book Tyrion, and you'd definitely like book Tyrion.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would second Tom, but with the addition of if your going to skip any but the first book you'll need a good "book-screen" differeances page, since the there are a lot of differences. Plus you should know the 5th book ends on a major cliffhanger which isn't being resolved anytime soon given how slowly he writes.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I would second Tom, but with the addition of if your going to skip any but the first book you'll need a good "book-screen" differeances page, since the there are a lot of differences. Plus you should know the 5th book ends on a major cliffhanger which isn't being resolved anytime soon given how slowly he writes.

Aye, this is true.

The 2nd season of the show goes away from the book series, but they're still definitely worth reading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)