The first six Final Fantasy games are being re-released in Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster

Square Enix is re-releasing the first six classic Final Fantasy games. Rather than remaster them with new art-styles like they did in the mobile releases of the Final Fantasy games, this Pixel Remaster collection intends to keep the 2D pixel art that the games originally had, while still modernizing them. More information will be announced at a later date, but for now, Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster has been confirmed for PC and mobile devices.

LOS ANGELES (June 13, 2021) – During the SQUARE ENIX PRESENTS summer showcase, SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the six original FINAL FANTASY® titles that inspired a generation of RPG Fans are coming to life once more in the FINAL FANTASY pixel remaster series. Fans and newcomers are invited to dive into six masterpieces that bridge the ages with unique tales of epic adventure. The company will release the beloved titles individually, from FINAL FANTASY I through FINAL FANTASY VI, for Steam® and mobile platforms.

View the “FINAL FANTASY Pixel Remaster Series Teaser Trailer” at:

FINAL FANTASY I, FINAL FANTASY II, FINAL FANTASY III, FINAL FANTASY IV, FINAL FANTASY V, and FINAL FANTASY VI are not yet rated. More information to be revealed at a later date.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The little bits they've shown are promising.

FF3: Original NES scene from start of the game with the Onion kids/knights getting ambushed by the turtles in the crystal room. This means no Luneth/Arc/Ingus/Refia and those things added by the ports.
FF4, 5, and 6 all look like upgraded versions of the original sprites, which is good.

Reactions: DoctorDizzyspin

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they don't use the god awful "remastered" bs their usual ports have, the aesthetics for those are so dogshit I have no idea how anyone can like them.

Is this their way of saying we're porting and selling FF 3, 5, and 6 again on PC again?
ftfy. They never ported 1, 2, or 4* on PC ;)

* The originals, that is, not the shitty remakes.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Crimsonflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That´s the only "okayish" presentation and it didn´t last one minute...And if they make something like the previous "remakes", it will be very disappointing

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Something they should've done with earlier remasters in the first place, but better late than never. Although it also feels like one of those "...or you can just fire up Retroarch" releases, so while I see value in these for casual players, I'm not sure if savvy retrogamers will get anything out of this announcement.

mrjelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All I'd want the the same controls as dragon quest on mobile, one handed play, perfect for a crowded train session. Plus save and resume anywhere.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it. Pixel Remaster? :blink:

What the heck does that mean? Is it just going to be upscaled of the original games?

(Honestly, it be better if they made it look like octopath traveler. You can keep the 2D pixel characters with some more depth and quality to the environment) :ninja:

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it. Pixel Remaster? :blink:

What the heck does that mean? Is it just going to be upscaled of the original games?

(Honestly, it be better if they made it look like octopath traveler. You can keep the 2D pixel characters with some more depth and quality to the environment) :ninja:

Basically the same thing you played on GBA... I personally think they should have remastered the entire series but then again with production and etc..etc.. it may have not made much a profit but hey you can play all of them on any gba emulator for free

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically the same thing you played on GBA... I personally think they should have remastered the entire series but then again with production and etc..etc.. it may have not made much a profit but hey you can play all of them on any gba emulator for free
Weren't the GBA versions like flawed somehow? I remember people specifically mad about the audio quality and there loads of rom hacks about it. Including many bugs or glitches for some games. :blink:

Not that I know exactly, since I only ever played final fantasy iv advance, and I didn't have much problem... except maybe a bit difficult. :ninja:

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1