Hacking The DSTT has 100% compatibility not 99.9%.

goo2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opium's review stated that Contra 4 was incompatible with the DSTT; while this was probably true with an earlier kernel version, 1.08 runs Contra just fine. I am having trouble with the screen positioning in SNemulDS though (i.e. can't see the ground in super mario world), but I probably haven't set it up properly. Cheers.

goo2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look buddy, you're right that assumption that the 99.9% roms work that Opium made is baseless. But have you heard of any other game not working? If not, then it fair to assume all the roms work, including contra 4.

goo2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has previously been stated that DSTT has 99.9% compatibility since contra 4 was not able to load (Opium 2007). It has been found that contra 4 does indeed work with DSTT, thus by conjecture DSTT may have complete compatibility.

Now, can you help me the SNEmulDS problem?

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your assumptions are very incorrectly conceived. Unless you have tested every game, like Urza said, then you cannot say a flashcart has 100% compatibility. (unless you add "as far as we know")

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has previously been stated that DSTT has 99.9% compatibility since contra 4 was not able to load (Opium 2007). It has been found that contra 4 does indeed work with DSTT, thus by conjecture DSTT may have complete compatibility.
Possibilities aren't facts. Just because it "may" have 100% compatibility doesn't mean it does. This is exactly why we say flashcarts have 99.9% compatibility rate.

This is almost as disappointing as the fact that you didn't bother even looking around to see if Contra 4 was still an issue before you posted, because if you had, you would have seen

this
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71751

this
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71363

and the sticky
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=71613

goo2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why this is even an issue. Looking at the reviews, one con of the DSTT is that it doesn't have complete compatibility whereas other cards have stated 100% compatibility. This is misleading. It is almost impossible to definitely prove anything and by stating 99.9% means that you've at least tested 1000 games (which I am sure you haven't). Both 100% and 99.9% are equally wrong in the context you are portraying. Can you relax with the semantics? I am sure you are just pissed off that I didn't check previous posts but I would rather you send me a link to a post about DSTT and SNemulDS instead.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if you weren't so ignorant, you'd figure out that your other question/statement has been answered as well and you just need to use the search to find it.

I would drop it, but degrading you is too much fun.

goo2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you flirting with me? Because, this kind of a bad time for me. I've just finished a tough relationship and I just.... can't.... be hurt again.

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the JUS english patch ?

And the FFTA2 one... they both don't work o.O

Doesn't that make it 99.8% ? ...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Arguing like this isn't going to help anyone so both of you just calm down and play nice.

True, my review says 99.9% compatibility because at the time of writing the review The DSTT had a problem creating a save for Contra 4 that made it stop working. That was fixed in v1.08.

The 99.9% claim was made because if you look at this realistically there is no way i can test every single game. BUT with all the information and impressions I had from using the device and from reading other user's impressions it was my assumption that there was 99.9% compatibility. It is a best guess I can give to readers.

Why does it still say 99.9% in the review? Reviews are rarely updated unless there is a very significant update to the product. For example I would change the DSTT review and update it to it's current working condition if the DSTT team introduced folder browsing or any other big features the card lacks.

The top of the review states: 'Review written by Opium - 26th December 2007'

Readers are made aware that it is not current.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't you take a random sample of all NDS releases and keep the confidence interval long enough to cover the 100% mark.

Then at least you can say something like: "I'm 95% confident that DSTT has 100% compatibility."

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the JUS english patch ?

And the FFTA2 one... they both don't work o.O

Doesn't that make it 99.8% ? ...

User-created patches obviously don't count.

And why not ?
The R4 and even M3 can handle it no prob. Yet the retarded makers of the TT couldn't design it the same way. I doubt i'd ever be able to get the TT to work with JUS- Eng. Not to mention the FFTA2 patch was supposed to be universal and even it doesnt work.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you flirting with me? Because, this kind of a bad time for me. I've just finished a tough relationship and I just.... can't.... be hurt again.

yes this is what he does to people he likes. consider it a complement
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea