iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How can you tell if the Kingston microSD is made in Japan or Taiwan? I don't have one, so I would want to know what to look for when I go to a store. A picture says more than a thousand words.
wink.gif

http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10...+sd&btnG=Search

Replace the word Toshiba with Kington...
smile.gif

other

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 1GB Kingston Japan does look like the one on the right. My 1GB Kingston Taiwan has its mark printed sideways.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How can you tell if the Kingston microSD is made in Japan or Taiwan? I don't have one, so I would want to know what to look for when I go to a store. A picture says more than a thousand words.
wink.gif

all y ou have to do is look at the back of the package it will say made in taiwan or made in japan

YetiXX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.swollenyeti.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I understand Download doesn't play with certain games, but what about multi-cart play and wi-fi (across the intenet) play? Just curious really as my R4 is winging its way to me as I type (I just wish it would hurry up and get here).

Cheers
smile.gif

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^its hit and miss man. Check the WIKI to find out which games work.

I've got a question now. Does link play between the GBA slot work? Want to know if I'll be able to get my pokes of Sapphire when I Diamond comes out on April 2nd.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Multi-Cart play between R4s should work yes, and an R4 with say Mario Kart (e) should work with official EU Mario Kart carts

And Wifi internet play works as normal

I don't think the GBA link works, thought I could be wrong... one to look out for, if I find the answer, i'll update the FAQ

gingi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I just got my R4 today, and put the 1.06 loader from r4ds.com on it.
Everything seems to work fine, except skins. I tried several skins, always putting the four bmp files in the _system_ folder, yet I always get the default one. Has anyone else experienced this problem and maybe managed to fix it?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got my R4 today, and put the 1.06 loader from r4ds.com on it.
Everything seems to work fine, except skins. I tried several skins, always putting the four bmp files in the _system_ folder, yet I always get the default one. Has anyone else experienced this problem and maybe managed to fix it?

is the folder in lowercase (_system_ rather than _SYSTEM_)? I've just got a new microsd card, and if I used uppercase characters on 1.06beta (I'm not using final again, it spunked my last card up :~ ) it won't display the skin I choose. took me a few mins to figure out it needed lowercase..

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The folder is lowercase, so no go. Thank you for your help though.
I found more people with my problem, (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=435...40&#entry553940)
so I wonder what's causing this.

Some stage back I had the same problem (except with 1.06 beta). I was just messing around with settings. The think the thing that made it work was either making the skin files read only (probably not), then downloading the firmware from a different website.

Martin8me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my R4 today but the USB card reader doesnt work!

Its the light blue one and when i plug it in but, nothing shows up!

Did i get the first batch of R4s?

Help is appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY