Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend some blocking method, yes

I guess I should go back and change that DNS to whichever is recommended, is that one listed above, 104.236.072.203, used for primary? What's recommended for secondary? I only ask because I wish there was a way to block updates, but making it easier to access the eShop, but I don't think there's a truly happy medium for that yet. Let's just hope this DNS is more reliable than Tubehax was.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I should go back and change that DNS to whichever is recommended, is that one listed above, 104.236.072.203, used for primary? What's recommended for secondary? I only ask because I wish there was a way to block updates, but making it easier to access the eShop, but I don't think there's a truly happy medium for that yet. Let's just hope this DNS is more reliable than Tubehax was.
I'm personally router blocking, you'll have to ask someone using that particular DNS

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally router blocking, you'll have to ask someone using that particular DNS

I had router blacklisting set up originally, I suppose I can reenable that real quick, but still, kind of annoying to have to use an exploit to access the eShop, oh well.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had router blacklisting set up originally, I suppose I can reenable that real quick, but still, kind of annoying to have to use an exploit to access the eShop, oh well.
I think you can still access it now as long as you're on the latest firmware, but I may be making that up

Reactions: the_randomizer

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I even blocked Internet access by macadress filtering in my router.
Using local hosting on my tablet is enough.
YouTube? Meh... Tablet and chromecast is better for me
Browsing... Tablet again works better
Wiiu store... Not that great
Vwii + usbloader: download complete coverset on gametb

kackiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone here had the wii U saying it could not load the homebrew channel .elf through the websites given, even though said .elf file is indeed correctly placed?

Can someone help me, please?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone here had the wii U saying it could not load the homebrew channel .elf through the websites given, even though said .elf file is indeed correctly placed?

Can someone help me, please?
just keep trying, as long as the files are 100% in the right folder, it should work eventually..mine would sometimes load right away, other times it's frustrating that i end up using my legit game disc to play as i got impatient, LOL..

kackiz

Trophies
XP
Country
just keep trying, as long as the files are 100% in the right folder, it should work eventually..mine would sometimes load right away, other times it's frustrating that i end up using my legit game disc to play as i got impatient, LOL..

actually, I think my homebrew launcher.elf is outdated, but I'll keep on trying.

EDIT:
after double-checking the SDHC, I realized there was no wiiu folder, and all my stuff was in the root.
stupid, stupid, stupid...
:toot:

Last edited by kackiz,

CyKoDeLiC

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cannot access the hack via android. How is the folder structure on the phone? Is it root/HBL/www/all the other programm folders? where do I have to lead the wiiu to? to which folder?

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
was holding on to a 4.1 wii U, with the news on wololo if true everyone should update to 5.5.1 while they still can. Once the iosu releases (if real) will be dificult to get to 5.5.1

BlastPhantomXV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question...

Is there any Wii U Homebrew out there that can install titles into the Wii U's memory? Like how we are able to install WADs on Wii and CIAs on 3DS.

Is there also a current EmuNAND and way to crack to SysNAND as well? Just curious at the moment..

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Question...

Is there any Wii U Homebrew out there that can install titles into the Wii U's memory? Like how we are able to install WADs on Wii and CIAs on 3DS.

Is there also a current EmuNAND and way to crack to SysNAND as well? Just curious at the moment..
Not yet, but that can change once someone releases an iosu exploit, they've been kept private by hackers who found them but word is the "salt team" got an exploit on 5.5.1

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please fix the first post. Too much dark text and the way it is wrote makes it hard to understand where to get started in the guide. It would be better if it was wrote like the vwii guide

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please fix the first post. Too much dark text and the way it is wrote makes it hard to understand where to get started in the guide. It would be better if it was wrote like the vwii guide
As it stands this thread has turned into more of an information hub rather than a step-by-step guide to load exploits (although that is covered in the OP), so I don't know that I feel comfortable with re-formatting the OP, especially without @fiveighteen's consent

However, if you wanted, I could change the black text to a dark yellow or something

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, if you wanted, I could change the black text to a dark yellow or something
I've personally never even had an issue with it on the dark theme since it's in spoilers :T
Considering that's the first complaint about text color in 1,000,000 views (!), 175 pages, and 3,494 replies, I'd rather leave it how it is lol. I can see how the top half would be a little difficult since it's not in spoilers, but I'd rather support the default theme that a large majority of users are on rather than the very few that have taken the time to change the theme. Plus, I like blue. :P

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...