Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

TheLoZKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to say thanks to nexusmtz. Finally got it working.
EDIT: Now I can't figure out how to use TCPGecko. Anyone wanna point me towards a thread with more information?

Last edited by TheLoZKing,
Reactions: nexusmtz

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bah, I want to try hacking my Wii U but it sounds like I might get a console/NNID ban regardless of what I do and that's kinda preventing me from wanting to do it lol

i think you'll be banned if you use cheats or illegal mods online..nothing to do with console hacks/homebrew stuff imo..

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'd only use it for Loadline and maybe some other homebrew lol
You can't be banned for Loadiine. The Wii U thinks you're running SSB or Mii Maker (or one of the other SD-supported games) and then switches to SD to actually run the game you want. They are none the wiser. Plus, none of the homebrew permanently modifies your system. Restart and it's like nothing ever happened.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real answer is that there are pros and cons to each. If you trust that a 5.5.1 IOSU exploit is coming, just update to 5.5.1. You wont be missing out on anything right now. If you want to be 1000% safe, stay on 5.3.2 and spoof to 5.5.1, just to keep that sliver of possibility for a 5.3.2 exploit.

I bit the bullet and updated to 5.5.1 the other day. NX is coming soon anyways.

@fiveighteen Are there no more all-in-one packages to download for Mongoose? The one I have set up is for 5.3.2 and refuses to work on 5.5.1, which I update to. Maybe I'll PM ya so posts don't get buried :P

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen Are there no more all-in-one packages to download for Mongoose? The one I have set up is for 5.3.2 and refuses to work on 5.5.1, which I update to. Maybe I'll PM ya so posts don't get buried :P
@Kafluke has one stickied in the OP, I don't think fiveighteen is doing them anymore

Mr_P

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bit of help please:

1 - I have 5.3.2 atm with loadiine running. How much extra work is needed to upgrade to 5.5.1 and keep the same setup (ie- what needs to change)
2 - This allows me to play online if I do it - will I need to create a NNID
3 - For playing games online if I do nothing other that use loadiine to play are there any dangers of banning, etc?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bit of help please:

1 - I have 5.3.2 atm with loadiine running. How much extra work is needed to upgrade to 5.5.1 and keep the same setup (ie- what needs to change)
2 - This allows me to play online if I do it - will I need to create a NNID
3 - For playing games online if I do nothing other that use loadiine to play are there any dangers of banning, etc?

1. Go to System Settings and update like normal.. you need internet
2. yes 5.5.1 let's you go online with your legit games like disc and eshop titles, with Loadiine only Super Smash Bros U supports online atm, with NNID im not too sure if you need to create one but once you connect online you will know as it will ask anyway if it is necessary.
3. playing game backups legal or illegal will not ban you, unless you are using cheats or modifications to the original game

*anyone, if i am wrong, i don't mind to be corrected pls go ahead..

and, if you have done everything, pls make sure to block further updates from Nintendo servers to be able to benefit any future hack on 5.5.1

edit: sorry i forgot to include the steps needed to keep the homebrew still running, there are several ways to update your old files, pls refer to guides here on 5.5.1 hacks..thanks

Last edited by owek1,

Mr_P

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi owek1,

thanks for the reply. So as I understand it:

1 - I currently use the DNS trick where I set the secondary to 0.0.0.0.0. Will this still be ok for 5.5.1?
2- With regards to online gaming if I am running say Mario Kart 8 from the SD will I be able to go online with that or not? (No Disc)
3 - Can you help with a PM maybe to the guide parts. There are so many posts here that I don't seem to find a solid answer.

Thanks

1. Go to System Settings and update like normal.. you need internet
2. yes 5.5.1 let's you go online with your legit games like disc and eshop titles, with Loadiine only Super Smash Bros U supports online atm, with NNID im not too sure if you need to create one but once you connect online you will know as it will ask anyway if it is necessary.
3. playing game backups legal or illegal will not ban you, unless you are using cheats or modifications to the original game

*anyone, if i am wrong, i don't mind to be corrected pls go ahead..

and, if you have done everything, pls make sure to block further updates from Nintendo servers to be able to benefit any future hack on 5.5.1

edit: sorry i forgot to include the steps needed to keep the homebrew still running, there are several ways to update your old files, pls refer to guides here on 5.5.1 hacks..thanks

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi owek1,

thanks for the reply. So as I understand it:

1 - I currently use the DNS trick where I set the secondary to 0.0.0.0.0. Will this still be ok for 5.5.1?
2- With regards to online gaming if I am running say Mario Kart 8 from the SD will I be able to go online with that or not? (No Disc)
3 - Can you help with a PM maybe to the guide parts. There are so many posts here that I don't seem to find a solid answer.

Thanks

1. set TubeHax as Primary and Chncdcksn Hax as secondary

image.jpeg

2. Sorry only Super Sm4sh could go online with loadiine atm and the firmware version is irrelevant.. you must use the retail disc or digital eShop copy for other games to go online.

3. here's the link.. i personally used the package and the self hosting apk file on my android:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ss-on-firmwares-5-3-2-5-4-0-and-5-5-1.424679/

* hope that helps.. :)

edit: alright to make it a bit easier for you, download this on your computer

https://mega.nz/#!NB9l3bzZ!uHKDSB7zeO4fXxqkqGcCOAJE2k7ioEC63u-ZUS-cCPg

copy whatever is INSIDE the folder "SD Card" to your actual SD Card and put it back in your WiiU, (ignore other folders) then download this on your android phone or tablet depending on your android version, for older models use the 1.1.0 version, for newer devices use 2.0.0 version, open this link on your android phone or tablet's browser:

https://mega.nz/#F!6d823QKA!r-YUwMd9wTssUEr7Khc2Xg

* that's all the files you need, and to make it work pls read the instructions from the links i gave you..

credits to @Kafluke, @oldsk00l , i merely copied the links LOL.. thanks guys..

Last edited by owek1,

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there :)
I use Homebrew and Loadiine with the Loadiine Website, but now I wanted to host with my Xperia Phone.
I downloaded the App and did all the steps of the Guide. Wifi and Mobile Wifi is off, my Wii U is connected to the Network. I started kWS, started the Browser on the WiiU, but I get this Error on the WiiU:
(192.168.43.xxx) FORBIDDEN: No directory listing.
Any ideas? The strange thing is, the numbers on the WiiU are different, then the numbers I typed in, kWS showing me.

EDIT:
Found the mistake, had the files in another folder on my phone, but now I have a new problem:
Error Code 112-1209
Detected Wii U Firmware version 5.5.1

Last edited by Funkentanz,

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
please make sure both Wii U and your Xperia phone are connected to the same WiFi network..
Yes of course, the Wii U is connected to the Xperia Network, I don't know, why I get this error...
But now I am using KaflukeHost App and all is smooth :)

Reactions: owek1

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys, i used the NNUS patcher launched from HBL because i wana purchase a DLC for Sm4sh, now we all know that using this gives us access to eShop while the Tubehax and ChHax is enabled and of course you will know that it is working because of that "X" mark on the Update/Downloads tab of your WiiU, now my issue is that while i could access and purchase stuff from eShop with no issues, my download is "Pending" due to that imaginary "Update" the system is detecting due to Tubehax..the only way around it for me is to temporarily remove the DNS blocks and the download goes smoothly..in the future, what must i do so i would not need to remove tubehax and have my download go smoothly? did i miss something? i worry that one day i would purchase stuff off eShop and the system updates itself if there is a System Firmware update available while the DNS is back to normal..thanks guys..

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been casually reading up about the Wii and Wii U hacking for years now, and literally know absolutely nothing. The most I know is how to set up and install the homebrew channel on a physical Wii, and that a .wad = .cia or .apk.

Still have no idea what an IOS or an IOSU is, or anything else. Could someone enlighten?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been casually reading up about the Wii and Wii U hacking for years now, and literally know absolutely nothing. The most I know is how to set up and install the homebrew channel on a physical Wii, and that a .wad = .cia or .apk.

Still have no idea what an IOS or an IOSU is, or anything else. Could someone enlighten?
Do you have a Wii U. If you do just go to "loadiine.ovh" in the wiiu browser and start playing. No hack is permanent. Just reboot and it's back to normal

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most basic way of explaining it to my knowledge is that a) the IOS(s) for Wii is a set of modules that govern specific portions of how the console software functions as the Wii does not run a formal operating system (think drivers on a computer), and b) the IOSU for Wii U is a "hypervisor" that runs security on the console and (I believe?) executes most OS functions

Basically, on both consoles they serve the same purpose, but on Wii there's a crap ton of them for specific cases and on Wii U there's one that handles everything as generally as possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto