Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I should have asked one very important thing.Right now Will U is blocked from updates and this exploit requires web access to run.What do I do to keep Wii U from auto updates and have web access to the exploit.

disable any DNS blocking method you applied on your Wii U internet settings (most common is Tubehax DNS and CHNCDCKSN Hax) , or to avoid any confusion just delete all current internet settings, re-connect to home Wi-Fi router as you did when you first got your Wii U out of the box, re-enter password etc and go to settings and update Wii U firmware as normal. Once it is done, go back to internet settings, select your router name or default internet and set to "Do Not auto Obtain" DNS and enter the following instead: (shown on photo)

IMG_0809.JPG

to prevent further system/firmware updates. Do not worry, all it does is block Nintendo servers from updating your Wii U but you still will be able to access the internet. Also you will notice a red cross mark on the downloads tab on the lower right of Wii U Menu telling you of a system update error, this is perfectly normal and only means that your DNS blocking is working perfectly. As of now, latest firmware is 5.5.1..

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
disable any DNS blocking method you applied on your Wii U internet settings (most common is Tubehax DNS and CHNCDCKSN Hax) , or to avoid any confusion just delete all current internet settings, re-connect to home Wi-Fi router as you did when you first got your Wii U out of the box, re-enter password etc and go to settings and update Wii U firmware as normal. Once it is done, go back to internet settings, select your router name or default internet and set to "Do Not auto Obtain" DNS and enter the following instead: (shown on photo)

View attachment 62996

to prevent further system/firmware updates. Do not worry, all it does is block Nintendo servers from updating your Wii U but you still will be able to access the internet. Also you will notice a red cross mark on the downloads tab on the lower right of Wii U Menu telling you of a system update error, this is perfectly normal and only means that your DNS blocking is working perfectly. As of now, latest firmware is 5.5.1..
BTW, is there a way to access nintendo server AND block update? like be able to play online and blocking update at the same time...

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BTW, is there a way to access nintendo server AND block update? like be able to play online and blocking update at the same time...

while on latest firmware (mine is on 5.5.1 as of 18/09/2016), i used NNU Patcher, enabling you to access Nintendo EShop to purchase stuff or update your software titles while blocking Nintendo system firmware updates (thanks to Tubehax and ChnHax)..it came with everything (including HBL, DDD, Loadiine GX2,etc..) with the download links given, i mainly used this guide to have my Wii U Homebrew up and running:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ss-on-firmwares-5-3-2-5-4-0-and-5-5-1.424679/

Hope it helps..

*i was successfuly able to use it (NNU Patcher) once (purchased a Mario Kart 8 DLC) but on the second try, the Update error nag (due to TubeHax and ChHax working behind the scenes and is normal) got in the way of downloading software from Nintendo eShop that i have to temporarily disable dns blocking which is risky if Nintendo releases suddenly another firmware update, so, use at your own risk and pls read more about it..i am in no way responsible if anything happens to your Wii U..You can always ask here and members who are more knowledgeable than me can help you..

Last edited by owek1,

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can natively block updates and play online without having to do anything fancy. If you want to download something from the eShop, like a title update, a title, or DLC, you'll have to either temporarily remove your blocking measures, or use NNU patcher like the user above said.

Reactions: owek1

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe so probably best to ask someone more knowledgeable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

View attachment 62996

I'll look more in to this later.I have girls blocked on router right now.I did get it to working but it freezes every time.I'm not sure why plus is there a way to switch from game to game without going back and launching the exploit every time.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Mackman i self hosted from my android phone and the exploit altho i have to initiate everytime i turn on the Wii U, is working 100 % , i simply followed this guide

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ss-on-firmwares-5-3-2-5-4-0-and-5-5-1.424679/

once you run the exploit and launched Loadiine, if you want to play another game you simply have to launch "Mii Maker" after exiting current game you just played and it will boot directly to Loadiine again where you could choose another game. That's how i do it unless someone else here has another method of doing it..

Last edited by owek1,

Mackman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mackman i self hosted from my android phone and the exploit altho i have to initiate everytime i turn on the Wii U, is working 100 % , i simply followed this guide

once you run the exploit and launched Loadiine, if you want to play another game you simply have to launch "Mii Maker" after exiting current game you just played and it will boot directly to Loadiine again where you could choose another game. That's how i do it unless someone else here has another method of doing it..
I'll take a look at the link you provided.Also I will try Wiimaker to load a different game.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:wacko:Sorry. For this to work, does the wii u need to be conned to the internet (server sided). Or the Wii U have an internet connection (wii web web sided :teach:). My Wii U does not have internet capability:sad: ( not contented to the internet:cry:). I do not or have not figured out how to use my DNS .........:huh:Yet(maybe it is home)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:wacko:Sorry. For this to work, does the wii u need to be conned to the internet (server sided). Or the Wii U have an internet connection (wii web web sided :teach:). My Wii U does not have internet capability:sad: ( not contented to the internet:cry:). I do not or have not figured out how to use my DNS .........:huh:Yet(maybe it is home)
Ok, I see what you're asking now. If you have a phone or computer, you can host exploits yourself from that and connect your Wii U directly to them. Otherwise, yes, you'll need an internet connection. The DNS settings are only to make sure that your console doesn't update past whatever version it's on, so if you're offline you don't have much use for them

D

Deleted User

I need to be brought up to speed with the Wii U scene.
So is it better to spoof or update to latest firmware? (From 5.3.2)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what ive heard, iosu will first be released on 5.3.2
and more exploit will come on 5.3.2 first.
so i'd say stay on 5.3.2
Not necessarily. It's sounding like IOSU is being ported to all currently exploitable firmwares before release. It's up to the end user whether or not they want to update, though

Reactions: the_randomizer

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be rude or anything, but I'm starting to get annoyed by all the people joining the WiiU scene who have no idea what's going on. One or two posts about it I would have been okay with, but like seriously? We've had several new threads being created for the exact same reason. Why don't people just use one of those threads instead of starting another one?

Reactions: ldeveraux and owek1

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Robins , i understand how you feel but sometimes i can't blame them because some older members here who know better started nonsense threads themselves thus confusing the new ones..also some people just want instant answers to their questions without even bothering to read more about it..

Reactions: 7Robins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1