Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Shavarath

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you consider yourself just starting to wait as of this moment, you've skipped a lot of waiting already haha. I'd say were on the back 9. Patience is a virtue. Use TubeHax DNS in the meantime so you don't get pushed to the next FW when it drops.
I've been waiting since the console dropped, just forgot about it for a while, using it as a slow YouTube player, already blocked Nintendo in my router

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen I can't get the self hosted files to work for the life of me! Whenever I load up the IP, it just stays stuck loading. Then eventually it says (Error code:112-1007), couldn't load. Restarting the program doesn't fix it either.

So here's my setup:

Wii U firmware: 5.3.2
Directory: /home/matt/.wine/dosdevices/c:/WIIU/DefinitivePackage-20151119/
Wii U's connection: Yes has wifi setup, with a proxy to block updates (Does it even need to be connected to wifi?)
hosting IP from Mongoose: 192.xxx.x.xx:xxxx
Mongoose successfully opens browser on computer, displaying Homebru: Yes
Firewall: It's off by default on Ubuntu

Am I supposed to use MAC filtering during this process? Everything seems to be setup just fine, just don't see why it would never work. I see on another site that they type in "192.xxx.x.xx:xxxx//page.html" on the Wii U. Tried that, still nothing.
Does the "DefinitivePackage" folder go in C:/ or do the contents go in there?

The world of staying offline forever would be amazing, I just wish this worked.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@fiveighteen I can't get the self hosted files to work for the life of me! Whenever I load up the IP, it just stays stuck loading. Then eventually it says (Error code:112-1007), couldn't load. Restarting the program doesn't fix it either.

So here's my setup:

Wii U firmware: 5.3.2
Directory: /home/matt/.wine/dosdevices/c:/WIIU/DefinitivePackage-20151119/
Wii U's connection: Yes has wifi setup, with a proxy to block updates (Does it even need to be connected to wifi?)
hosting IP from Mongoose: 192.xxx.x.xx:xxxx
Mongoose successfully opens browser on computer, displaying Homebru: Yes
Firewall: It's off by default on Ubuntu

Am I supposed to use MAC filtering during this process? Everything seems to be setup just fine, just don't see why it would never work. I see on another site that they type in "192.xxx.x.xx:xxxx//page.html" on the Wii U. Tried that, still nothing.

I think the problem here is the fact that you "proxy" mongoose through wine. When the wiiu connects to your IP your OS might handle the external request. If you're already running linux why don't you just run a webserver made for it instead of going through wine?! Like.. just get apach2?

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem here is the fact that you "proxy" mongoose through wine. When the wiiu connects to your IP your OS might handle the external request. If you're already running linux why don't you just run a webserver made for it instead of going through wine?! Like.. just get apach2?

Just tried Apache2, it was really easy to setup. I can get to the webpage in the browser successfully. But not on the Wii U, the same problem occurs.
I even switched to using tubehax DNS instead of the proxy I was using, still the same problem. Every web server will give me the same issue it seems. I wonder what's blocking my Wii U from connecting to that server. My computer and Wii U are connected to the same network.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It really doesn't matter where you put the contents of the (unzipped) DefinitivePackage folder, as long as Mongoose points to it properly.

I have mine set up so the files are all in C:/WiiU/ and then Mongoose points to the WiiU folder. If you had it set up like C:/WiiU/DefinitivePackage/ then you'd want to point Mongoose to the DefinitivePackage folder. It will load the index.html automatically, but you can also type a URL directly into the Wii U to load something.

For example, you can type http://192.168.1.127:8080/loadiine/payload532.html (as long as it's a valid location) to directly run Loadiine instead of clicking the Loadiine button in the index.html.

Some people just have had bad luck with Mongoose, but good luck with other hosting methods. If you have an Android phone I'd give kws a try.

Reactions: MattKimura

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
Just sitting here , waiting for it to update to 5.5 lol[/QUOTE

Scary thing is even if 5.6 is releases and nintendo doesnt fix this kernel exploit that they know nothing about we might not even get a 5.5 release, at least thats what i understood from the op.
There is high demand from people but too bad that we cant really contribute to the homebrew, people just want to use the exploit.
Been trying to find a 5.3.2 wii u in japan but its been impossible.
Ah well at least xenoblade has been keeping me busy.

Reactions: EclipseSin

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scary thing is even if 5.6 is releases and nintendo doesnt fix this kernel exploit that they know nothing about we might not even get a 5.5 release, at least thats what i understood from the op.
There is high demand from people but too bad that we cant really contribute to the homebrew, people just want to use the exploit.
Been trying to find a 5.3.2 wii u in japan but its been impossible.
Ah well at least xenoblade has been keeping me busy.
I wouldn't say that Nintendo knows "nothing about" the kernel exploit lol. I'm 100% sure they do. But they may say screw it, depending what their real game plan is for the NX, and just leave the Wii U for dead to hackers. I'm pretty confident 5.6.0 will try to address the exploits, or at least 5.5.0 spoofing, in some way though.. Just don't know when it's coming.

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't say that Nintendo knows "nothing about" the kernel exploit lol. I'm 100% sure they do. But they may say screw it, depending what their real game plan is for the NX, and just leave the Wii U for dead to hackers. I'm pretty confident 5.6.0 will try to address the exploits, or at least 5.5.0 spoofing, in some way though.. Just don't know when it's coming.
isnt the exploit in 5.4 the same as the one in 5.5? or is it a different one? if it is the same one i dont have any confidence in nintendo fixing anything.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt the exploit in 5.4 the same as the one in 5.5? or is it a different one? if it is the same one i dont have any confidence in nintendo fixing anything.
They're different. The 5.4.0 Kernel Exploit is already usable, but it relies on the Userspace Exploit, which is private.

Source: http://rhcafe.us.to

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: luan43

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
you gonn be waiting a while

well I have enough games and the vWii USB Loader to keep me busy meanwhile :P

So what you're saying is just wait for 5.6 so the hackers will see if they should make 5.5 public ?
because I really want it to be released somewhere around March next year :P
pre ordered Twilight Princess HD and I kinda wish that this will be my last Wii U game the rest will be on loadiine

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
Any one know the firmware availables on japanese wii u bundles? I know the mario maker is above 5.3.2 but i found this splatoon set with the download code.

Attachments

• 106010569.jpg
    106010569.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 176

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Sharl

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the difference between a basic and premium set? this one is 32gb hd so i thought it was a premium but just white.
Oh! I apologize, I didn't see the 32GB on the box and didn't know Japan had white 32GB models. I assumed black was 32GB and white was 8GB everywhere. In that case, I'm really not sure. Sorry again.

Reactions: luan43

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1