Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

JoeOIVOV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd do the same to be safe. I just grabbed the WUD and it extracted properly. You can use it to check against your dump if you want:

91 RPLs:
Size: 112,210,994 bytes

I found that MP10 freezes if you attempt to dump it before getting to the game board screen. Just start the game completely and wait until the dice is rolling, then try to read FSA but again, why bother when it seems unlikely you will be able to successfully dump all 91 RPL's. 91 RPL's is crazy. It doesn't seem likely that anyone could use TCPGecko and Dumpiine to backup MP10. I'm guessing REAL method of dumping our own games is private too or is there other tools for getting good dumps of our own games besides TCPGecko and Dumpiine?...since there is no way of really knowing how many rpl files there are without first having a 1:1 iso/wud dump. Any advice is helpful.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't seem likely that anyone could use TCPGecko and Dumpiine to backup MP10. I'm guessing REAL method of dumping our own games is private too or is there other tools for getting good dumps of our own games besides TCPGecko and Dumpiine?...since there is no way of really knowing how many rpl files there are without first having a 1:1 iso/wud dump. Any advice is helpful.
Of course you can! Just takes a bit of persistence and patience. I'm guessing that scene releases (WUDs) are from some modified bluray disc reader or something. I'm pretty sure an IOSU Exploit will allow WUD dumping though.

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok starting to look into hosting the files locally. What I'm confused about is... does the wiiu need internet still? If not how do I point it only to my pc? The router I was using broke so I'm unable to block the update urls and all I'm using is tubehax. This doesn't feel as safe anymore so want to be able to kill the internet on the wiiu. Plus I have kids who continuously forget to unplug it after they use it.
Can anyone help? I've never ran a webserver or anything like that before so not sure what to do.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation: If there are so many people contributing that it's really hurting the scene to hold it back, that defeats the purpose of having the exploit in the first place. We would need more devs then just the ~5 that we currently have though.
I'm literally rushing to learn C++.... or should I be learning another language?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok starting to look into hosting the files locally. What I'm confused about is... does the wiiu need internet still? If not how do I point it only to my pc? The router I was using broke so I'm unable to block the update urls and all I'm using is tubehax. This doesn't feel as safe anymore so want to be able to kill the internet on the wiiu. Plus I have kids who continuously forget to unplug it after they use it.
Can anyone help? I've never ran a webserver or anything like that before so not sure what to do.
It doesn't need internet access but it needs access to your router. TubeHax should be fine by itself, but if you want to completely stop it from accessing internet (like me!) you can block the Wii U's MAC Address in your router settings (guide in the OP). If the router "broke" your Wii U (and PC) wouldn't be able to access the internet anyways.
Wii U​
Internet -- Router -- <
PC​

For Wii U <--> PC interaction, the router is the access point.

I'm literally rushing to learn C++.... or should I be learning another language?
FWIW:
With the addition of the GUI I plan on doing a major change in the source code. There will be change in how the whole code is used. C++ STL and standard C library will be used. Other libraries like libpng and libjpeg can be linked and there is a lot of changes in the memory handling code. Also there will be things like settings and more. Its a major rework to make the code usable like a real homebrew and allow us and other homebrew developers to have an easy way of coding for later. Its not just polish the looks. Its a big milestone for homebrew application and game development.
That being said, ASM is good to learn for lower level stuff as well. And if you look through the current open source hacks and the Nintendo SDK (Google) you can see how different functions are called and used. Coding isn't really something that can be "rushed" in my eyes, though. The more practice and experience you have, the better you will be, but that is at the expense of time. It's usually inversely proportional.

Reactions: EclipseSin

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Is there any progress on giving the higher versions this ? I have 5.5 and I want to know if I should update in the future or wait for it

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any progress on giving the higher versions this ? I have 5.5 and I want to know if I should update in the future or wait for it
I'm gonna give you some time to read the OP, specifically "When will there be a Kernel Exploit released for 5.4.0 or 5.5.0?"

Hint: Use TubeHax DNS, and don't update.

Lingrapher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a few days since I could go through some posts.

EDIT: 1000+ posts in this thread (though idk if that's necessarily a good thing or a bad thing) :grog:

What a long URL to tap into the Game Pad :P lol but thanks!; it's added to the OP.

I already have this bundle listed under 5.3.2 for the old stock, but am only adding the specific locations that people report it already bumping up to 5.4.0. Thanks for your report though; may help others in tat area :)

The MK8 set is already in the OP under 2.1.0, but I added a description that it can include the one with the red Wiimote and Wii wheel. Thanks.

Unless Nintendo has the Wii U set to connect to a default DNS if 0.0.0.0 fails, 0.0.0.0 should just deny a connection. Want to be the tester? ;)

How can we tell from the outside package of the Mario Kart 8 deluxe preinstalled package if it has 5.3.2 or not?
The most recent report was on Nov 5th in NH, what about recent black friday purchases?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can we tell from the outside package of the Mario Kart 8 deluxe preinstalled package if it has 5.3.2 or not?
The most recent report was on Nov 5th in NH, what about recent black friday purchases?
All new consoles are going to preinstalled digital games instead of the discs. So odds are good now that any "preinstalled" bundle you find is going to be above 5.3.2. You'd have to find an old dusty one from 6 months ago or get a bundle with the physical discs (those are the old bundles).

I'm still planning to start a thread and wiki for users to input their serial #'s to find a 5.3.2 cutoff point one of these days, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

Reactions: snakeg

Lingrapher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Mario Kart 8 bundle with firmware 5.4.0 on it, I was wondering if I should stay on that firmware or update to the latest 5.5.0?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
where and when did you buy it?
Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I ask...

The splatoon + nintendoland comes with 5.3.2? (I already read OP, but does anyone bought one recently?)

I found one with FW1125XXXXX
splatoon_wii_u_bundle_01.jpg
where do you see the "FW1125XXXXX"?
I will try to buy a kart bundle today and will report back

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It doesn't need internet access but it needs access to your router. TubeHax should be fine by itself, but if you want to completely stop it from accessing internet (like me!) you can block the Wii U's MAC Address in your router settings (guide in the OP). If the router "broke" your Wii U (and PC) wouldn't be able to access the internet anyways.
Wii U​
Internet -- Router -- <
PC​

For Wii U <--> PC interaction, the router is the access point.

FWIW:
That being said, ASM is good to learn for lower level stuff as well. And if you look through the current open source hacks and the Nintendo SDK (Google) you can see how different functions are called and used. Coding isn't really something that can be "rushed" in my eyes, though. The more practice and experience you have, the better you will be, but that is at the expense of time. It's usually inversely proportional.
Thanks I'll try this later. The router I was using broke now I'm using a older one we had laying round that doesn't have a block url option. Getting a new one tomorrow that hopefully will have it.

Joneidy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where and when did you buy it?
Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

where do you see the "FW1125XXXXX"?
I will try to buy a kart bundle today and will report back

It is on the bottom of the Box, you will have to physically hold the box on your hands flip it over and you will see the serial number. Most BestBuy stores will let you actually pick whichever one you will like to buy (I mean consoles not which firmware lol)

snakeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've recently ordered Mario Party 10 so I can get up to 5.3.2 on my Wii U, I'm not quite sure if I want to spoof, especially since EmuNand is being worked on and sounds more appealing than the permenent spoofing.

But I have a question, would it be possible to get the free Xenoblade X DLC packs for performance and graphics enhancement without spoofing and going to the eshop? Is it possible for someone who has them to dump them and then I could use wup installer or something? Or is DLC (even free) not doable yet?
hi wich mario party version do you have the one in the blue case or the one in the red case?

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am running mine locally. I already have WAMP running so I just created a folder and stuck the files in there on my server. You need to setup your connection just as if you were setting it up for the internet, but instead, you need to set the DNS to use something bogus so it can't resolve addresses and connect to any sites. You will still be able to connect to your local network though.

Reactions: MRDOCA

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii U won't recognize your SD card, or Loadiine says 0 games? You need to provide more detailed info.
[URL=http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/oxitran/media/CUSTOMBUILDONE/WP_20151202_0011_zpsn6badhrj.jpg.html][/URL]
The Wii U does recognise the SD card normally. But when running Loadiine it gives the above message. It is a 32gb sandisk micro SD in an SD card adapter. It is formatted to fat32 and has the correct file structure on the SD card. Am I just unlucky or whats going on?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Wii U does recognise the SD card normally. But when running Loadiine it gives the above message. It is a 32gb sandisk micro SD in an SD card adapter. It is formatted to fat32 and has the correct file structure on the SD card. Am I just unlucky or whats going on?
Well, I just received my order of that exact same thing from Best Buy yesterday (UHS-1 Class 10), so I'll try it out tonight and see what happens. Are you sure the lock switch isn't on, and are you able to export a Mii picture to it and open it on your PC? (Use Mii Maker app)

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Based from experience:
Check the SD card contents, verify the files and size on card after transfer, sometimes it errors a couple files and leaves them out.
Use TeraCopy to transfer files, it will show you every file transferred and it will verify them aswell.

Also when removing SD card, make sure you select "Safely Remove Media"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning