Hacking The current state of Pokemon X & Y

Jstink101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I know this isn't released yet and this will probably be more of a speculation thread till then, but I have a question.

I currently have a Nintendo DS-lite with a DSTWO card.
I was thinking about upgrading to a 3DS-XL (or just a 3DS) and I know my DSTWO works with it, just changes the game to DS mode.

My question is this, when the Pokemon X & Y roms actually get hacked, will they work in normal DS mode or will they require a more advanced card? My knowledge of how all this works is rather limited.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was going to buy a 3DS to run it. Just wondering if it will work in DS mode the the flashcards use.

3DS games run in 3DS Mode so naturally they require a 3DS Mode flashcart. Similarily DSi games require DSi Mode, unless they're only DSi Enhanced (which is a world of difference, believe it or not ;) ).

In any case, the answer is "No" and the best chances you can get are with the Gateway at this point in time, however the ROM may not be playable at first... if at all - it's pretty much a gamble since the Gateway is a very early flashcart that doesn't do a whole lot... yet. ;)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
It will when someone manages to find a way to run Mass Effect 3 Wii U on the retrocompatibility Wii channel.
Or when someone figures out a way to burn Metal Gear Solid 4 on a DVD disk and run it on the PS2.
Or when we have successfully running Vita PSN games on a hacked PSP.
i.e. never.

Jstink101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such negative troll answers.. I was honestly just trying to learn and gather understanding of a concept I know nothing about... thanks guys..

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Such negative troll answers.. I was honestly just trying to learn and gather understanding of a concept I know nothing about... thanks guys..

There are tons of threads in the right place where you can find the answer to ALL your questions.
What annoys members here is when people dont search up and just ask what is a simply answered question, in the wrong section of the forum.

Also its very ambitious to believe X&Y will get hacked just like that, and tbh you should just buy the game rather than wait for that of which probably wont happen

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't hack a 3DS game to work on the DS. Period.
The current flashcards run in DS-Mode, but there is the Gateway which runs 3DS roms, obviously no one knows if they will work on it since they games aren't out nor dumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.