Not open for further replies.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one suggested Descent 1 and 2?
With the 3DS gyro scope it could add some interesting control to the game.
Freespace 2 could also maybe work.

Chex Quest is worth a mention though it should work with PRBoom just fine I think, least one of the fixed up versions you can find online.

Abuse is open source and could be ported nicely, (was on the Wii already)
http://abuse.zoy.org/

Don't forget OpenTyrian2000 either.

Also a lot of open source linux games and recent games that could be ported like Tuxcart, SuperTux, or Relic Hunters Zero but that is a bit off topic.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 cool be cool on 3DS. There's an open source version now too: https://openrct2.org/

Edit: Oh wait RCT2 can out in 2002

Doesn't matter. I put 1990s, just because there are only 1990s port atm. If that will change, I'll ask a mod to change the title to something else like "Game ports to the 3DS".

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Am I in the minority for wanting Sonic Robo Blast 2 ported?
Heh, well that might actually be pretty easy to port given that it runs in the Doom engine. If prboom3ds ever gets modified to support doom mods, or if zdoom ever gets ported to the system, you could most certainly play it.

could the original GTA be ported?
Don't think so. It is closed source, so our only means of playing it would be through a DOS emulator (which would need a lot of work to run it, honestly) or through the PS1 core of retroarch (since it also got a PS1 port).

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I was looking through this thread and there are a lot of suggestions for not so many developers. The scene is in need of more developers. If anyone is interested, we can create a group and start tackling some of these simpler ideas
( Pong, Tron, Super Mario War ). This way the scene benefits with new homebrew and possibly new developers and artists.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Wow, I was looking through this thread and there are a lot of suggestions for not so many developers. The scene is in need of more developers. If anyone is interested, we can create a group and start tackling some of these simpler ideas
( Pong, Tron, Super Mario War ). This way the scene benefits with new homebrew and possibly new developers and artists.

Is it worth the effort? I don't think so.

3DS scene is like 1 homebrew user over 50.000 500.000 pirates. I can suggest you to work on projects only if you (and only you) really like them and really want to see them on 3DS since anyone will go to use your homebrews (or better, only the 5-6 users that are suggesting these projects will use your port and spending your free time during weeks to port something noone will use is just a waste of time).

Just give these idiots their CFWs and their CIA installers and they're all happy.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth the effort? I don't think so.

3DS scene is like 1 homebrew users over 50.000 500.000 pirates. I can suggest you to work on projects only if you (and only you) really like them and really want to see them on 3DS since anyone will go to use your homebrews (or better, only the 5-6 users that are suggesting these projects will use your port and spending your free time during weeks to port something anyone will use is just a waste of time).
That's way I pointed out to do the simpler ideas, they won't take much effort from me but might help that one person that is willing to learn. I pretty much stopped working on 2 ports because I don't think anyone will appreciate it other than me, the only port I had started working on that I might continue is quake 2 since ctrQuake has gotten alot of downloads

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
That's way I pointed out to do the simpler ideas, they won't take much effort from me but might help that one person that is willing to learn. I pretty much stopped working on 2 ports because I don't think anyone will appreciate it other than me, the only port I had started working on that I might continue is quake 2 since ctrQuake has gotten alot of downloads

IF you see my adf.ly numbers you'll know why i talk about this:

March 2016 updated right now downloads:
CHMM2 v.2.6 - 2327 downloads
NASA v.1.4 - 2042 downloads
NASA v.1.3 - 578 downloads

DSP Firmware Dumper - 419 downloads
ctrWolfen v.0.8 - 87 downloads
ctrHexenII v.1.1 - 80 downloads

Labyrinth 3D v.1.1 - 38 downloads

So is it worth the effort to work on 3D game homebrews? (Labyrinth 3D) NO
Is it worth to work on game engine ports? (ctrWolfen , ctrHexenII) NO
Is it worth to work on something that can enable pirating for third worlder that can't buy for 15 bucks a game or for 1,59 dollars a theme? YES

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it worth the effort to work on 3D game homebrews? (Labyrinth 3D) NO
Is it worth to work on game engine ports? (ctrWolfen , ctrHexenII) NO
Is it worth to work on something that can enable pirates for third worlder that can't buy for 15 bucks a game or for 1,59 dollars a theme? YES

Back on the PSP scene, piracy also played a big part. The difference was that we weren't competing against smartphones that are way more powerful than these devices. The PSP, or even the DS, were the best "all-in-one" media device a kid could have. Now, the only reason I hang on to this scene is for the nostalgia, always chasing that thrill of running pokemon on my ipod video ( Yes, IpodLinux was my entry to the "Homebrew scene"). All in all, there are a few good people still in the scene that care about homebrew and not piracy, we shouldn't let it die just because of the others.

Also, you should post your games on 3dbrew, those numbers will get alot higher.

Reactions: gkoelho and SLiV3R

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Back on the PSP scene, piracy also played a big part. The difference was that we weren't competing against smartphones that are way more powerful than these devices. The PSP, or even the DS, were the best "all-in-one" media device a kid could have. Now, the only reason I hang on to this scene is for the nostalgia, always chasing that thrill of running pokemon on my ipod video ( Yes, IpodLinux was my entry to the "Homebrew scene"). All in all, there are a few good people still in the scene that care about homebrew and not piracy, we shouldn't let it die just because of the others.

Also, you should post your games on 3dbrew, those numbers will get alot higher.

Nope since adf.ly links are just "banned" from any kind of forum/site (even here on gbatemp i erceived a warning from a moderator when i first posted an adf.ly link. That's the motivation why i always link my website instead of the direct adf.ly link in my releases.

Anyway, back on PSP scene there were people really interested in game homebrews and independent projects differently to this shit.
I'm not saying you just have to stop releasing stuffs, i'm just saying it's best (at least for what i realised in these weeks with the peak reached right today with like 5/6 negative feedbacks on one of my releases thread) to work only on projects you feel comfortable and you really want to work on (maybe cause you like to learn new stuffs, you like to daily exercise your coding skills, you want to play/have on your 3DS) cause working on a project only cause you think it could be interesting it's the worst thought you can have (sadly) since if it's not a piracy enabler hb, it will not get more then 100 downloads for sure.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
and yet you still made them and posted them and used ad.fly. looks like some delicious hypocrisy. get off your high horse

Are you paying me for working on homebrews? Not
Are you paying my webhost? Not

So what do you want? I can do whatever i want with my works, i can also make them downloadable only if you pay if i want.
You dislike adf.ly? Don't download my stuffs or just pirate my homebrews downloading them from third party links like you probably use to do. :D
As for the "you still made them", i made NASA principally cause it can be useful for different researching stuffs like NVer and Cver update.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope since adf.ly links are just "banned" from any kind of forum/site (even here on gbatemp i erceived a warning from a moderator when i first posted an adf.ly link. That's the motivation why i always link my website instead of the direct adf.ly link in my releases.

Anyway, back on PSP scene there were people really interested in game homebrews and independent projects differently to this shit.
I'm not saying you just have to stop releasing stuffs, i'm just saying it's best (at least for what i realised in these weeks with the peak reached right today with like 5/6 negative feedbacks on one of my releases thread) to work only on projects you feel comfortable and you really want to work on (maybe cause you like to learn new stuffs, you like to daily exercise your coding skills, you want to play/have on your 3DS) cause working on a project only cause you think it could be interesting it's the worst thought you can have (sadly) since if it's not a piracy enabler hb, it will not get more then 100 downloads for sure.
Adfly is hurting your expansion. I can only see the past 14 days of traffic on github, but on the last 14 days I've gotten 200 unique downloads on ctrQuake and the all time high was 800 unique downloads ( in a 14 day period ). So the total number of downloads now is upwards of 3000 and EDuke3D is less with about 1200. Small numbers, but not worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Yeah