SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
How is the latest version of ctrWolfen working for everybody? I get scratchy sound and inverted textures for the ceiling (?)

In hax 1.1b: no sound for me. When going in the sound menu, the console hangs.
20160316_182246.jpg

In hax 2.6 ctrWolfen don't boot for me:

(The console is still breathing. Press L+R+Down+B)

20160316_182714.jpg

In hax 2.1 I get the same results as in 1.1b. I think I have to dump a DSP....

Reactions: Hector_of_Troy

Hector_of_Troy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In hax 1.1b: no sound for me. When going in the sound menu, the console hangs.

In hax 2.6 ctrWolfen don't boot for me:

(The console is still breathing. Press L+R+Down+B)

In hax 2.1 I get the same results as in 1.1b. I think I have to dump a DSP....
Thanks for the reply! I have reverted back to version 0.5 and it runs ok, but it's hard to find the soldiers without sound :(

Reactions: SLiV3R

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, sound would be great. And btw, Wolfenstein actually looks pretty neat on the N3DSXL :)

Wolfenstein 3D is really shit-made in terms of audio. Anyway recently i've done some progress about audio, getting it in a pretty good quality but totally unsync (looping music blocks etc...). It seems is a problem about syscore beeing too slow (?) or fast.

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/ctrWolfen/commit/33c178d11af0d34265c9e00e97e8ee757c434bc2

There are also some problem in audio callback since the original source port i'm using used SDL (and so it uses SDL audio callbacks to fill the audiobuffer) and such kind of callbacks are not available with ndsp wrapper.

TarableCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're better off writing your own sound handling code, the formats are pretty simple.
For example, music is just raw OPL2 reg/value pairs and a delay on how long to hold.
Adlib sounds are similar I think, except they might setup an instrument instead and do other things, I never fully looked into it.

Digitized sounds are just 7000Hz, you can cache them fully and not need to fuck around with wolf3d's audio page system.
But that might be what more modern source ports do anyway.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are the SCUMM system games impossible to get working correctly on 3DS ?
Or any other late 80s/early 90s point-and-click game.

SLiV3R

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I bought my N3DSXL at release date, over a year ago. I already owned the 3DSXL (which I also bought at its release date). My N3DSXL was meant to be my hacking handheld console. After the first half year I got a little insecure if it really was worth buying a N3DSXL, as I already owned the 3DSXL and there was no difference in homebrew between these two at that time. But then there was the Retroarch ports by @aliasspider which by themselves was worth the N3DSXL purchase. So the extra processing power was showing its potential with Retroarch.

The c-stick/nub on the N3DSXL was really nice in games like Zelda MM etc. But at that time I hadn’t found any reason why there should be two extra shoulder buttons… After playing Quake 1 and Heretic I understand why there should be two extra shoulder buttons. Not like Nintendo thought about that, but Quake 1 and Heretic etc. are really Perfect Fits on the N3DSXL! We can play most of the gameplay in Quake 1, Wolfenstein 3D and Heretic in one grip. My example button setting in Heretic:

Circle pad= Movement
C-stick= Looking around
R= Shoot
L= Change weapon (In Quake L= Jump)
zR= Strife right
zL= Strife left

Have you found any other, smarter, way with your button settings?

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to make a .cia of ctrQuake? That's probably the one non-Doom FPS 3DS port I want to play the most, but I don't like to go into the homebrew launcher if I can help it.

LSolrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
>Is still hoping for a Daggerfall (TES) "Port" or interpreter or playable via DOSBox emu for 3DS

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else wish Diablo had a 3ds port? we technically have diablo for PSX on retroarch but it never really loads all the way. plus playing a emulated port of a game that was on the PC seems too messed up anyway. regular PC Diablo would be fantastic

SLiV3R

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Anyone else wish Diablo had a 3ds port? we technically have diablo for PSX on retroarch but it never really loads all the way. plus playing a emulated port of a game that was on the PC seems too messed up anyway. regular PC Diablo would be fantastic

Diablo would be great! I'll actually update the op with a "Most Wanted" section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1