Hacking testers needed for new XCXGecko version

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install copies of PyQT and Py2EXE for your version of Python and Windows.
1.open a terminal and enter "python -v", you should see something along the lines of
Code:
Python 2.7.11 (v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775, Dec  5 2015, 20:32:19) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
pop up, look for the parts in the same location as "v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775" and "32 bit (Intel)"which in this case says Python 2.7 x32.

@MiMiCAX
Testing on 5.5.1 Loadiine, USA ver. w/ update v32 ripped by "FDDZ" on THAT website.
for some odd reason the EU/JP offset gets me the correct values, whereas the USA offset doesn't. It works but wasn't what I was expecting.
all options seem to work OK. Mirrium, Funds, all 5 Gear types, etc all seem to work perfectly.
Not being able to edit Items probably has something to do with where I am. (out dead in the center of noctulum, I'll be out of there to do more testing in a few minutes...)

Some safeties might be necessary, to prevent players from trying to make XX effects also +15, since that just outright breaks them, turning them into other effects.
Melee Accuracy Up XV +15 becomes Ranged Accuracy Up X, Weapon Attack Power Up XV +15 becomes Stabilizer X etc. because internally the game shifts the values after the fact. and for whatever reason the shift also changes the effects.

also, leveling via editing XP will break progression, only change your XP to 1 below the next step up!
i have no idea what you mean by that sorry. I typed in python -v in the command prompt but i have no idea what to do from there.

D

Deleted User

i have no idea what you mean by that sorry. I typed in python -v in the command prompt but i have no idea what to do from there.
look at the bottom of what it spits out, and look for something that looks similar to that string. If you can't find that, not trying to be condescending here but, wait for the dev to release the full binary version (the version ending in .exe) in a week or so, so you won't have to fiddle with all this debug build stuff.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look at the bottom of what it spits out, and look for something that looks similar to that string. If you can't find that, not trying to be condescending here but, wait for the dev to release the full binary version (the version ending in .exe) in a week or so, so you won't have to fiddle with all this debug build stuff.
well i found it but what do i do with it?

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will give it a shot to test for you. Just let me know how you want the buf report formatted. I beta test games professionally

Format it however you like (unexpected outcome / sequence of steps to replicate / ...). Obviously if a bug is found, then more information is always preferred.

Faendra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's odd, I've tested it with loadiine in 5.5.1, with the eu version, everything work but with the US Offset and not the EU.
Funds, miranium, blade xp, rank, name, gear...etc
Except for the items.

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's odd, I've tested it with loadiine in 5.5.1, with the eu version, everything work but with the US Offset and not the EU.
Funds, miranium, blade xp, rank, name, gear...etc
Except for the items.
- the labels for the offsets should not be trusted; I put them after reading some forum posts. The whole point of this beta test is to confirm their correctness, so thank you for finding this labeling mismatch.
- please elaborate on "Except for the items". What happens when you Cache Slots using the US offset with 5.5.1 and EU version of XCX? What happens when you try the other offsets?

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it seems even consoles on the same system software, playing the same region of the game have different offsets.

I suspect that there may be an offset difference between Loadiine v3 with pyGecko separate payloads (what I tested with), vs Loadiine GX 2 0.3 (with pyGecko built-in). After all, OnionKnight's Loadiine v4 + pyGecko combined payload had a different offset.

I'll try to look into it this weekend if I find some free time.

Last edited by MiMiCAX,

Faendra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- the labels for the offsets should not be trusted; I put them after reading some forum posts. The whole point of this beta test is to confirm their correctness, so thank you for finding this labeling mismatch.
- please elaborate on "Except for the items". What happens when you Cache Slots using the US offset with 5.5.1 and EU version of XCX? What happens when you try the other offsets?
I must do something wrong, or I just simply don't know how to use the ITEM part
There is only the offset B000 where this message appear when I click cache slot " Found 492 Materials slots in memory"
But after i probably don't know how to change the item id or the quantity because i have this when i want to poke the new item and number "POKE Materials Slot 002 failed: cannot poke empty item slot"

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
US version on loadiine on WiiU 5.5.1U and everything works perfectly from Lv, money to items perk and slot. I am about to try the EU version too, So I can play it in French instead of English ( game too complex and English is not my first language :P). I am surprised they did not put French in the US version for Canadian because usually, they do with many other games.

Reactions: jublix

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any person could compile the lastest version for me? I want test this but I cannot compilee the program. Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

But I want this in Exe, the program not compile with my Python (I don't know why). Any could compile the program in exe? x32 or x64
please read the requirements on the download page or at least the last few posts if you're okay with using Python, not like we have 10+ pages here. you will need matching versions of PyQT and Py2EXE installed for your version of Python just to run it. after they are installed double-click "XCXGecko.py" to actually use it. If you refuse to work with python wait until @MiMiCAX releases the complete version, EXEs are for completed projects, otherwise this is a beta, you'll have to work with it.

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
But I want this in Exe, the program not compile with my Python (I don't know why). Any could compile the program in exe? x32 or x64
I would if I know how to for you.
Anyway, I am trying the EU game now, I thought the "loadiine +US/EU" on the program was meant to be the game region but It rather seems to be for the system location. SO, it doesn't matter if I have Xenoblade US or Xenoblade EU, I just have to stick with "Loadiine+ US" on my WiiU 5.5.1U. That part looks confusing and you need to make it clear for others!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.