Gaming Temporarily Banned from communities already

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think this is sweet, and a sweet rule. Internet these days have gotten so bad by everybody basically bashing other people for the dumbest reasons and shit. It'd be a nice change to have a friendly community.
Take into account that people won't magically become better and nicer just because there's a distinct possibility that they may be banned for using unsavoury language - they'll pretend and still be assholes on the next available opportunity. In fact, they may be even worse due to pent-up anger.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TBH I can understand that they are oversensible in public Miiverse, as long as they don't do this between friends... Now that would be messed up.

At least this was a temporary bann!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait what, you got $20 on your eShop for that?! :blink:
What other service would give you compensation for something like that? It's only a 3 day ban...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In a lot of ways, "retardation" is a technical term as much as "n*gger" was a good few years ago.
It's still too much sweat over a joke in my opinion, but hey! It's a pejorative term, apparently.
Er, you mean n****. n**** is the technical term, with your example being a derivative.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo is looking to money as always with this censorship. They just saving their sales. A lot of parents are still YES, I let them play what they want. I've played doom, wolfentein 3d, etc when I was a kid, and I'm not a murder now.

And the fact that WiiU has gory games do not change the fact that it was made for children. Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc are franchises for children, even that many adults (like me) play it.

-.-" re-read it... it should have said:
Would you buy zombieU for your children....
I've played gory games aswell, when I was a child, but my parents didn't aproveve of it, nor did they buy them for me.
I think parents shouldn't buy gory games for children, they should buy those themselfs when they think they can play them :/

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I note th OP has updated the original post but, as far as I can see at least, has not mentioned that in the responses. So I though I might just bring that to everybody's attention.

Has anybody stopped to think that maybe it was LESS to do with the "re" and more to do with the "TARDIS" that he was moderated at all? Let's face it; hardcore games it may have, but the WiiU is still primarily a family console. Aint nothing gonna turn families away more than geeky jokes that relate to Dr Who, Star Wars, Star Terk, or any other geeky SciFi series.

Just a thought, like...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody stopped to think that maybe it was LESS to do with the "re" and more to do with the "TARDIS" that he was moderated at all? Let's face it; hardcore games it may have, but the WiiU is still primarily a family console. Aint nothing gonna turn families away more than geeky jokes that relate to Dr Who, Star Wars, Star Terk, or any other geeky SciFi series.

I fail to see the logic in your argument.

Reactions: KingVamp

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is in no way outside of the expectations of Nintendo. Nintendo of America is a overly-sensitive corporation that wants to ensure that everyone is wrapped in bubble wrap before they go outside.

Let's remember; this is the same company that didn't want Dragon Quest to be released in the United States because of Religious symbolism in the games.
Heck, I'm surprised that Nintendo even allowed games like Assassin's Creed III and COD : BLOPS on their console.
The Wii U would not be a good console to troll little kids on, as I think the Nintendo Enforcement Team would be far worse than the Xbox Life Enforcement Team!
Also, if you are under 16 years old, your parents need to pay $0.50 to make your account available online, or you could just lie about your age and make an adult account for free... >.>

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Neither word is an issue on its own, though...
Well the words aren't bad... but the reference was a bit... uhhhm... yeah...

And meanwhile... in japan
demotivatorjapankidsshows.jpg

PaulL.Russell

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3dsforums.com
XP
Country
I've had my profile temporarily suspended for posting links to my Swapnote game threads on 3DSForums. I also had a post removed because I wished everyone a 'Patrick Swayze Xmas' (if you've seen Mystery Science Theater 3000, you'll know what i'm talking about' I'm also nervous and wonder if i'll get banned for my Simpsons quote earlier "Knife goes in, guts come out, that's what Osaka Seafood Concern is all about" It was in reply to a drawing of a Blooper asking that I don't eat it. I HAD to post that Simpsons quote, it just had to be done. =)

~P~

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welcome to the world of Nintendo where 13 thirteen words u cant say on television and so many more don't exist..... when did Nintendo become Disney lol

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well at least direct messages to other users don't get you banned. I drew a penis to some guy I have on my friend list and nothing happened :P
I was just testing if anything would happen and it didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning