Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So someone ported TempGBA, which is a psp port, back to the psp and now you want that triple port ported back to the dstwo, am I PORTraying this right?

But seriously, I think this is it for TempGBA and probably doesn't get any better unless the source of the version you linked to has any useful code in it that could be integrated into Nebuleon's TempGBA, but I don't have any insight in that.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So someone ported TempGBA, which is a psp port, back to the psp and now you want that triple port ported back to the dstwo, am I PORTraying this right?

But seriously, I think this is it for TempGBA and probably doesn't get any better unless the source of the version you linked to has any useful code in it that could be integrated into Nebuleon's TempGBA, but I don't have any insight in that.
If that's the same version I think it is, TempGBA4PSP, it's 10000+ lines of code worth of differences, all unidentified, none of which in isolation helps to fix any single problem, and it adds MIPS32R2 instruction optimisations (PSP-only) and PSP Media Engine code, which, if ported back, would have to be deoptimised and lose all the speed benefits.

So a porter would have to look at all those 10000+ lines of differences, figuring out which is MIPS32R2 or PSP Media Engine code, and pretty much lose all the speed benefits + introduce more stability issues.

edit: removed stray 'either'

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a better GBA Emulator for DSTwo that works with cheats better?
Nope this is the best GBA emulator for DSTWO. There is also NDSGBA which TempGBA is based on, so basically you would be downgrading and the cheat system doesn't work any better either I believe.
There is also gbaemu4ds but that does not use the DSTWO's power , so doesn't the same game compatibility as TempGBA, and has no cheat functionality.
That is it for GBA emulators on the DS.

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the best place for this but I had just thought about playing through Dragon Quest Monsters Caravan Heart again and decided to toss a copy on my dstwo and I'm getting massive audio artifact cracking in a lot of places, the most annoying of which being when text has audio to represent speech. Anyone else had this type of issue? I will have to check in the morning to see which version of TempGBA I have, as a note the same artifacts were happening on the last version of NDSGBA as well.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

compking876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy to report that the Super Card DS 2 and TempGBA both work perfect with the New 3DS XL that came out today! I popped it in after system transfer and everything worked as it did with my old 3DS.
I do have a question though, will there be any plans to update TempGBA to make use of the New 3DS's better processor? It may make the emulation run smoother. Or is that not needed, and the better processor of the New 3DS making the emulation better anyway?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
TempGBA is now inactive and not currently being developed, but what you are suggesting is impossible anyway because the DSTwo runs under DS Mode and thus doesn't have access to New 3DS or even regular 3DS resources.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    you wanna know the worst night i had?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    no, but fucking cockroaches
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i had to sleep with one eye open
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    after i restes peacfully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    *peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    sorry for misspell and posts
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i heard a buzzing sound from a flying cockroach and ran away
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and i have to sleep somewhere else
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, I hate insects too
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish i can just get rid of them
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so i can rest peacefully
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i just worry about cockroaches entering my room
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and when i turn it on or not, they have a way to enter
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it pisses me off
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is beautiful
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    @Xdqwerty any tips?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bug exterminator?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi Somebody's asking for tips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get a load from this guy lol.