Temp Debates #5

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,274
  • Replies 33

Health and Safety laws. Protective or Restrictive?

• Protective! Post your argument below!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Restrictive! Post your argument below!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N4RU70 FR34K said:
Ellie said:
Yeah.

Just get out of here already before you make even more of a fool of yourself.
LOL I'm the one making a fool of my self right now
@ Ellie
Sarcasm-Motivational-Poster-house-md-3805895-500-400.jpg

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
These regulations strike a necessary balance between the freedom of companies and individuals and the safety of the population. One only needs look to history for some pretty horrific examples of what corporations will do to their employees and the general public if they are allowed.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Blood Fetish said:
These regulations strike a necessary balance between the freedom of companies and individuals and the safety of the population. One only needs look to history for some pretty horrific examples of what corporations will do to their employees and the general public if they are allowed.

Here's one for you, example of when H+S is ignored. Two of my co-workers at the local football stadium stole a bottle of Jack Daniels while working, got smashed, did the whole shift pissed. Trust me, that breaks quite a few H+S regulations. They caused absolute mayhem. H+S regulations are mostly put in place for the protection of people and property. It's just every now and then we get hit with a wave of retards, able to survive the world because of the distinct lack of natural selection, people so thick that we have to make new rules to protect them which sound stupid to us and give H+S a bad name.

D

Deleted User

OP
Blaze163 said:
Blood Fetish said:

Here's one for you, example of when H+S is ignored. Two of my co-workers at the local football stadium stole a bottle of Jack Daniels while working, got smashed, did the whole shift pissed. Trust me, that breaks quite a few H+S regulations. They caused absolute mayhem. H+S regulations are mostly put in place for the protection of people and property. It's just every now and then we get hit with a wave of retards, able to survive the world because of the distinct lack of natural selection, people so thick that we have to make new rules to protect them which sound stupid to us and give H+S a bad name.
If you were to invent the car today, how would you tell H+S? "Oh, I'm just going to make a massive lump of metal that can kill people and pollute the atmosphere, piss off Greenpeace and use up all our oil supplies, let me invent this wonderful contraption."

My guess is they'd just say no.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ellie said:
PharaohsVizier said:
We all have the mentality that these things will never happen to us.
Of course, but don't you think that those thoughts are nearly always correct? The odds of anything happening are so minimal, there can't go anything wrong unless you really fuck up bad.

minimal odds. i dunno if people think about it, but there are minimal odds of hitting the lottery jackpot, yet some people win it more than two times. there are also minimal odds of getting struck by lightning, and there's a guy out there that has been struck more times then the number of fingers on your hand. people always assume it only happens to the next guy until he/she experiences it firsthand. i think this is why there are some nigh ridiculous laws, because one in a trillion is still not zero. and believe me, it's not fun to see that one chance happen to you.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JetKun said:
If you were to invent the car today, how would you tell H+S? "Oh, I'm just going to make a massive lump of metal that can kill people and pollute the atmosphere, piss off Greenpeace and use up all our oil supplies, let me invent this wonderful contraption."

My guess is they'd just say no.
I do not think they would reject it all once you explain the massive advance in society it would provide compared to the horse-drawn buggy. I think you knew that as well, which is why you named only drawbacks and purposely avoided contrasting them with the benefits.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
As much as I will love to debate about this from my prospective its late and I have muster tomorrow at 0645. Since I work at the clinicals in Bethesda, MD, the H&S regulations usually prevents us from getting sued or losing our jobs. The courses I have to take its all about H&S regulations like making sure the patient have their 508s which is their medication that are taking and if they have any errors of the medication they must talk with their provider. That regulation prevents them from taking the wrong meds or meds they don't use anymore.

Then there's your other regulations that makes you like 'WTF?!' I mean really like the latex allergy thing I just read yesterday, its ridiculous! You have to check the medical records to see if the patient is allergic, if he/she doesn't know then you must be cautious how you snap the glove since its an areoallerginic...yeah it can be a bitch at times but its all about safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1