Team Rebug Announces plans for a SwitchMe external dongle

On the heels of their massive success on pre-orders for their SwitchMe internal dev board, plans are in works for a dongle:

RebugDongle.jpg

Team Rebug has been overwhelmed with the support they have been getting for the pre-order launch of their SwitchMe internal dev board, as such they have just recently announced plans on their Twitter for an upcoming SwitchMe external dongle, which they are calling an Xecuter SX PRO on steroids. :)
So we decided to make a dongle as well, but with a battery and some break out pads for future development. This way you wont have a problem needing to recharge your injector ever few days or caps going bad making your tx sx dongle useless :D

Pre-Launch Product Features:
  • Male usb C, female micro usb on the bottom, and a cr2032 coin cell on the bottom.
  • 3d print one, because tooling a case takes too much time and you need a huge order to even make it worth while.
  • Coretex m0+
  • Battery
  • On/Off switch
  • 2 USB ports
  • Easy drag and drop payload flashing
@evilsperm is saying they are about a month away from launching the 'dongle' version, but so far its looking great, and with the massive support and quality they are putting into the internal version that will be landing with resellers in few weeks, we can't wait to see how amazing their dongle version will be, plus they are saying it will be 'cost priced' affordable like their internal dev board is. :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

D

Deleted-351540

This has a battery not caps, so you wont have the issue with the garbage caps TX used. Also you don't have to recharge this every day...
The battery will last years and its replaceable. It will cost under $15 and were are looking to include the jig as well.
Are you taking pre-orders? Please... TAKE MY MONIES NOW!!!

Reactions: I_love_cake

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
This has a battery not caps, so you wont have the issue with the garbage caps TX used. Also you don't have to recharge this every day...
The battery will last years and its replaceable. It will cost under $15 and were are looking to include the jig as well.
Nice, I'm looking forward to when pre-orders open and thanks for the low price, it's nice to know there are still scene groups that care about the community rather than profit.

Just wondering but will the payloads be stored on the device or the console?

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would buy it since in my country those adafruit trinkets are kinda expensive (16$+) and Import has "high" shipping costs, also I am lazy.
A nice Gimmick would be if they could bundle it with a jig ^^

Last edited by Esdeath,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I think a good idea for an external dongle is one that can be easily installed inside the dock.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The info is there on the post. This is my home-made dongle based on a Trinket m0 + Lilypadpad CR2032. It's a trivial build. Just connect trinket's BAT pin to Lilypad's +, GND to - and you're good to go. There are a couple of mirrors with the trinket m0 payload implmentation for both Hekate and SX OS variants. Pick your poison or compile the code yourself.
no ,it's not
that post makes no sense what so ever, especially this part
"This has the added advantage of not having to carry extra adapter cables (in my case micro-usb -> usb-C)"

care to explain you you are plugging it into your switch's USB C then?
it has a female micro USB on it and the switch has a female USB C so how are you using this on your switch without any cable?
does it work on magic?
i have looked all over aliexpress for a small micro USB male to USB C male adapter or even a short micro USB male to USB C male cable and none exist
so how are you going to connect the female micro USB on the trinket to the female USB C on the switch with out a cable?
in your post it says "plus USB C adapter" but in your pic there is no USB C ,just a female micro USB on the trinket, then you say you don't use any USB C cable
so it is not making sense unless there is another picture where you have desoldred the micro usb femal and soldered on a USB type C male

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*