OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
Get cios 36 rev 10 and install it from hbc. Then get wiigator's backup loader channel with the 002 fix. Install that with wad manager from hbc and you can start playing you backups. I would also suggest installing preloader .29 for brick protection if your going to be messing around with wads. There are other methods for launching backups but if your going to be burning discs this is the easiest way.
clicked install preloader, went through warning screen. and i got one line of text with the word failed in it. did i do it right?

Xerxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to install cIOS, I get a ticket error (as i sort of expected).

Now, I have read from other threads that it is a little possible to downgrade to 3.4 if your Wii came with it. Now, I believe, since our Wii got the message from Nintendo saying the "4.0 update is now available" and it did prompt us to update, would that mean that ours came with 3.4? If that is the case, how would i go about trying to downgrade it?

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
Get cios 36 rev 10 and install it from hbc. Then get wiigator's backup loader channel with the 002 fix. Install that with wad manager from hbc and you can start playing you backups. I would also suggest installing preloader .29 for brick protection if your going to be messing around with wads. There are other methods for launching backups but if your going to be burning discs this is the easiest way.
what is cios 36 rev 10 and why do i need it?
im scared

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need it if you plan on playing any kind of game backup or installing wad files. It can't possibly brick your Wii because it installs independently of your Wii's firmware.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
You need it if you plan on playing any kind of game backup or installing wad files. It can't possibly brick your Wii because it installs independently of your Wii's firmware.
damniiiiiiiit it didint install i got error -1.

Is there any other way i can save these wad files to my wii without this error bullshit?
cant i just install wad manager and have it save my wad files to my wii?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, the bug that Wad Manager uses to work is fixed in System Menu 4.0. Fortunately there's an app out there that uses a closed-source exploit to downgrade IOS35 to a version affected by what's called the Trucha bug, which is what lets Wad Manager work. So you use this app, tell Wad Manager to run off of IOS35, then use it to install a cIOS Wad. After that, you install a patched IOS60 so your installed wads can run from the SD Menu and you're home free. Search for a 4.0 downgrade guide for more info on this:

But NOTE: Some LU65 Wii's are "unsoftmoddable." That is to say that downgraded IOS's don't work with them, meaning you won't be able to install cIOS with this method (and you run the risk of making IOS35 not work if your Wii doesn't like it). I think that WiiGator's cboot2 will eventually get around this problem if it hasn't already.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
The thing is, the bug that Wad Manager uses to work is fixed in System Menu 4.0. Fortunately there's an app out there that uses a closed-source exploit to downgrade IOS35 to a version affected by what's called the Trucha bug, which is what lets Wad Manager work. So you use this app, tell Wad Manager to run off of IOS35, then use it to install a cIOS Wad. After that, you install a patched IOS60 so your installed wads can run from the SD Menu and you're home free. Search for a 4.0 downgrade guide for more info on this:

But NOTE: Some LU65 Wii's are "unsoftmoddable." That is to say that downgraded IOS's don't work with them, meaning you won't be able to install cIOS with this method (and you run the risk of making IOS35 not work if your Wii doesn't like it). I think that WiiGator's cboot2 will eventually get around this problem if it hasn't already.
i really am not feeling a downgrade on my brand new wii... the bricking risk is there.

do you think if i just stay put and waited eventually the scene will get a way for me to use the WAD manager without going through the painful downgrading process :/ i like waiting it out :////

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't need to fully downgrade the Wii, just IOS35. If you find that IOS35 doesn't work I'd imagine that forcing a system update would put it back to normal.

I guess you could wait if you don't want to take the chance. Like I said I think cboot2 will be a good solution if it isn't already.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
You won't need to fully downgrade the Wii, just IOS35. If you find that IOS35 doesn't work I'd imagine that forcing a system update would put it back to normal.

I guess you could wait if you don't want to take the chance. Like I said I think cboot2 will be a good solution if it isn't already.
so your saying. all i have to do is run DowngraderIOS35.dol
then run wadmanager1.4 in order to install all my wad channels to my wii??????

or are you saying i should use hb to install DowngraderIOS35.dol
then once that is installed i should run cIOS36_rev10-Installer then once thats good and installed i should wad manager then ill get the channels onto my wii?????

or am i just completely wrong and bound to brick my wii

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't downgrade the newest Wiis via the downgrader. You can try it though, but I doubt it'll work.

P.S. Stop being so damn paranoid about bricking your Wii. It's not as easy as you're making it out to be.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
You can't downgrade the newest Wiis via the downgrader. You can try it though, but I doubt it'll work.

P.S. Stop being so damn paranoid about bricking your Wii. It's not as easy as you're making it out to be.
fine.

but seriously i have a homebrew channeled wii. and an IOS downloader that i have yet to use. and a completely untouched foulder of wad files and a wad manager 1.3.
what the hell do i do to get these wads saved on my wii lol.

D

Deleted User

Dude, you're like, the king paranoid of the most paranoid people.

Bookmarked for future reading
biggrin.gif

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
sylux92 said:
Just boot wad manager using hbc and install the wads by pressing plus on the remote to install the selected wads.
are u fucking sure that wont ruin my wii.
i heard i cant install wads like that it wont work or sometihng?

ahhhhhh omg i never actually tried that... do i dare?
can someone tell me if this is going to fuck up my system or not???

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is always a certain degree of risk with anything unofficial. if you aren't willing to take a risk, don't do something you feel uncertain about or win one off gaminglagoon and sell it and use the money for an old wii off ebay
biggrin.gif

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modshroom128 said:
error 2011
hmmmm This sounds familiar... you should read this!
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1993806

Should get you completely up and running. Although I recommend using cIOS36_rev10 instead, and installing IOS files 37, 38, 53, 55, 60, 61 after you're done.
lecture.gif

Also, NeoGamma > Gamma Backup Launcher 0.3

EDIT: In case you haven't already, you need to install BootMii and Preloader. Use BootMii to make a NAND backup asap and you'll pretty much be safe even in worst case scenarios.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since he's on a LU65 wii he probably shouldn't follow a full downgrade guide.

I really suggest you wait for the results to come in for cboot2.

GBAtempHATER

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude if youre that much of a fag then dont do it, the people here get lamer and lamer. Pack of crybaby bitches. WAAAH im SCAARED. I bet youre sacred of pussy too you fucking baby

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.