ROM Hack Tales of the Tempest english patch or someone translating it

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Nice work Normmatt but sadly it doesn't work (and i am not talking about you forgot to put a copy of ndstools on the package :P).
I tried to change all bytes in widthTable.bin to x08 and nothing changed in the game :(

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nice work Normmatt but sadly it doesn't work (and i am not talking about you forgot to put a copy of ndstools on the package :P).
I tried to change all bytes in widthTable.bin to x08 and nothing changed in the game :(
works fine for me. Are you using the alphabet characters between 8140 and 8280? I tested it by modifying sce01.mes using the uppercase alphabet and it worked fine.

EDIT: Ohhh LOL. I only made the width table large enough for the uppercase not the lower case. Fixing that now.

EDIT2: Behold a glorious VWF in action.
Tails of the Tempest(ENG)_07_4678.png

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oh, right, my fault. That's what you get when i work all night long and test those things on the morning without sleep :P
Out of my head I was thinking that between 8140 and 8280 there are some japanese characteters :)
Anyway nice to make you notice the error without wanting it :P

By the way, how big did you made it this time??
Maybe think about the extra letters in the french/ungarian/ etc.. accented letters and special character in case somebody want to translate this to some european language even if i believe I would be able to change yours tools myself with my little programming knowledge :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.