Tales From Shady Acres Home for the Elderly

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pension day today, so the wife came back from shopping with a nice surprise for me - "Guitar Hero III" in a big box with a guitar.

Imagine my surprise when I took it out of the box only to discover it had NO STRINGS !!!! Added to that the funny looking disk that came with it (a "Learn to play in 5 easy lessons" type thing I believe) made an absolutely terrible racket when placed on my old Grundig turntable, and was completely unintelligible at either 33.3 or 45 rpm. Surely it can't be a 78 ? Those things went out of style eons ago!

Then I spotted a section on the box that told me that I would have to battle against a chap called Tom Morello and another chap named "Slash" apparently (honestly, these modern parents and the crazy names they choose). Well of course wifey went off her rocker - she wasn't prepared for guests.

"Well I hope Mr Slash likes tea or Dandelion & Burdock - It's all we have in"
"I haven't got any iced buns or french fancies in!"
"I shall have to run the hoover round quickly"
"What time does it say they are coming ?"

I checked the box, only to find they had omitted that particular piece of information. So anyhoo - wifey rushes round with the hoover, scrubs the hearth, dusts the mantlepiece and gets out the best china while yours truly here trudges off to Lidl's to get some sticky buns. Once home again, I dressed in my sunday best and sat in the armchair to await my famous (?) guests' arrival.

Well, an hour passed.

Then two.

It's now 10pm and way past our bedtime, and the lazy fops still haven't shown up. I guess it just goes to show you can't trust these damn minstrels! My ulcer's playing up now and I've had the last of my Gaviscon and I really don't feel up to the long walk to Mr Patel's to get myself a fresh bottle - it's been that kind of day.

Tomorrow I'm going to accompany wifey back to the store where she bought that useless article. Once I locate the sales assistant who sold her a guitar with no strings and a faulty LP I will give him a clip round the ear with it to teach him a lesson. I shall also be contacting Esther Rantzen - the public have a right to know about these parasites that prey on the elderly. A good stint of national service will sort these fellows out I can tell you.

Anyway, the "herbal remedy" my grandson brought round seems to have made me very sleepy now.... so once the room stops spinning I shall toddle off to bed with my hotty botty and a nice cup of Horlicks.

Toodle pip, young 'uns.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
Good stuff rambozo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1