Hardware System transfer from hacked vWii Wii U to new Wii U

RomansFiveEight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this isn't relevant now, but you can ALSO buy a GamePad direct from Nintendo as a replacement part. A few folks have done so, after losing or breaking their GamePad.

DebugErr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't in Germany, they only provided a repair service, the replacement service was taken down because of limited interest.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I couldn't in Germany, they only provided a repair service, the replacement service was taken down because of limited interest.

Same here in Finland. Bergsala (official Nintendo distributor in Finland) only repairs, but doesn't replace broken Nintendo products. I asked about buying a Wii U GamePad separately as a replacement part and was told they don't carry it. Additionally, it seems if your house burns down and your Wii U survives, but the Wii U GamePad does not, then you are SOL. I was told I'd have to buy the whole Wii U bundle anew in a situation like that. :ohnoes:

terryforever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Okay, so I just checked the mod status on both Wii U's, for other users stumbling up this thread:

If you do a system transfer, you have to rehack the vWii modes of the source Wii U, as it is formatted at the end of the process, also trashing the Homebrew channel and other data. The instructions however are exactly the same as for an untouched Wii U.
If you hacked the target Wii U's vWii mode before the transfer, you won't need to do that afterwards, as the data is merged on the target console.
Hi. I got some question to ask
1) the vWii mode from the source will not bricked after format?
2) if the target wii U, vWii not modded, when transfer all data from source Wii U (include vWii mod) does it means all those HBC and others mod will be no more?

actually i am thinking to hack my vWii on my Wii U, but i scare when i want to transfer to a new Wii U (let say i bought a Limited Edition) ,
i scare will bricked the Wii U source or target, if i got mod the vWii.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi. I got some question to ask
1) the vWii mode from the source will not bricked after format?
2) if the target wii U, vWii not modded, when transfer all data from source Wii U (include vWii mod) does it means all those HBC and others mod will be no more?

actually i am thinking to hack my vWii on my Wii U, but i scare when i want to transfer to a new Wii U (let say i bought a Limited Edition) ,
i scare will bricked the Wii U source or target, if i got mod the vWii.

Gathering from what I understand,

1) vWii will be formatted, but not bricked
2) Yes, Homebrew Channel, etc. will be gone after a system transfer on the source Wii U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts