• Views 154,144
  • Replies 1,572

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re: Region Issus

Isn't it true that the Region problem is that the setting that needs modified for this to work is CONSOLE REGION. Dunno if there is even a region free setting available for that. And of course that throws in the System Menu/Console Region mismatch issue, but can System Menu also be run or patched to region free? Or am I blowing smoke? Kinda sounds like dangerous brickage territory.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys what clever work, thanks for the cioscorp

Cant we make are own update disc with cios insided it to run from gamma

If anybody needs help getting the files PM me

Mte

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
pspmte said:
Guys what clever work, thanks for the cioscorp

Cant we make are own update disc with cios insided it to run from gamma

If anybody needs help getting the files PM me

Mte
Guess you could but why would you want to? You'd still need the cios installed to load it.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether2802 said:
TF uses segher's wadpacking, WaadMaker uses KiKe's wadpacking, and there is one that it hasn't been used wich is Blaze's wadpacker.exe.

Ether thanks for this list.
I have both segher and kike.. I will dig for blaze
and I will try to compare the resulting wad
I saw here and there that some wadpacker where not resulting with good wads..
some even used a wrong ticketing...
if anyone has some feedback for this I am interested

waadmaker create an extra file compared to TF.. truchatik.tik..... I have to look into that to.. is it needed ? how is it build ?... mmmm 1 more thing to clarify..

QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ Jan 15 2009, 07:07 PM) I think i understand what your saying, Like when the system menu wad is on the wii, it will have files like 00000043 and after i pack it the app files get named 00000001.app and so on, Well thats just how it is, They all get renamed, even if you take a wad off of a Wii Game you know its offical, if you unpack it, the App files arent' always the same has if they was on your Wii, I've noticed that, But i've never seemed to have any problem with the wads,

wiiblaster
ok.. that's what I suspected (see the end of my post)
but I wanted people with more experience to confirm.

so I will keep on building my app.

if anyone want to see a specific feature in extracting from FS_WII let me know so I can implement it.

BTW right now I am only building the IOS... but I think I will also implement VCs (if I am not mistaken they are hosted in 00010001 and whatever I can find...

I am doing it in autoit so it is easy to modify, I will provide the sources for everyone.

I won't be able to work on it this week end but I hope I can release a beta early next week. if you are interested in getting it let me know.
the core is already working, but the path are hardcoded.. this is easy to solve
the only this that will take some time is creating a gui as I never did one....

Cheers,
R

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jizmo said:

Isn't it true that the Region problem is that the setting that needs modified for this to work is CONSOLE REGION. Dunno if there is even a region free setting available for that. And of course that throws in the System Menu/Console Region mismatch issue, but can System Menu also be run or patched to region free? Or am I blowing smoke? Kinda sounds like dangerous brickage territory.

not sure if this helps but on my chipped pal wii jap games boot fine with starfall patches and changing video to NTSC some also give a jap error message if not on jap language without the video change using anyregion changer i get blackscreen or freeze.
it appears that if a game boots its more dependant of language and video mode than the consoles region
my guess is that if an app could be made that is capable of reading the disc and applying the discs native video and language setting all games would boot providing your tv has both pal and ntsc support. Im not sure how gecko os works unless it boots the the discs region by defaiult as i need not change any of the default settings for imports to work.

the behaviour was the same when i changed to jap and also when i bricked the wii with a jap system menu
smile.gif

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
so wait...

let me get this straight. CIOSCORP will allow me to boot my same region backups from the System Menu...

but some people are trying to get it region free... ...so i should wait before i install it.

correct me if im wrong.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether2802 said:
this is how Blaze's wad packer works, and the trucha.tik is the sign trucha.

Ether,

do you have the blaze wad packer somewhere handy, if you could pm me some links that would make my life easier
smile.gif

really truchatik.tik... stands for trucha ticket ?? wow... lol
wink.gif
just kidding.. obviously... because it brings me to the real question for the trucha signing... I was wondering whether or not I should patch the original IOS backup (I had the perception I should not) ... and I have no clue if I should trucha patch the Cios...

I guess I will have to re-read the whole topic to clarify that
wink.gif

I am sorry I feel I am getting more and more off topics. so I will start another one as soon as I have my apps ready. until then feel free to comment by PM.

R.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sorry for the trucha.tik, I didn't know if you were asking what it was or other thing
laugh.gif
anyway here is the Blaze's wadpacker.exe, you need to have a "wii" folder in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Ether\wii
with the entire "shared1" folder from your dump, "cetk" and "common-key" files too, if you need help on that let me know..!!
wink2.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
Jizmo said:

not sure if this helps but on my chipped pal wii jap games boot fine with starfall patches and changing video to NTSC some also give a jap error message if not on jap language without the video change using anyregion changer i get blackscreen or freeze.
it appears that if a game boots its more dependant of language and video mode than the consoles region
my guess is that if an app could be made that is capable of reading the disc and applying the discs native video and language setting all games would boot providing your tv has both pal and ntsc support. Im not sure how gecko os works unless it boots the the discs region by defaiult as i need not change any of the default settings for imports to work.

the behaviour was the same when i changed to jap and also when i bricked the wii with a jap system menu
smile.gif

Sorry to interrupt but this actually sounded pretty logical. I don't know C++ or anything so i can't code but Can't anyone implement a Starfall like patch into Preloader that allows to change video mode and language before you boot or before each game?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
sorry for the trucha.tik, I didn't know if you were asking what it was or other thing
laugh.gif
with the entire "shared1" folder from your dump, "cetk" and "common-key" files too, if you need help on that let me know..!!
wink2.gif

you know what is funny, My Vista PC wont let me create a documents and setting folder, Which really sucks cause i was wanting to try it out. And trust me i tried everything, Be nice if i could have the Wii folder some were else

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether2802 said:
laugh.gif
wink2.gif

Ether,
you rule. thank you so much
do you agree with me when I think that I should not trucha the wads ?

edit.. the version you gave us was missing the cetk file.
here is another version that contains everything
http://rapidshare.com/files/184026903/Wad-...laZe-repack.rar

QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ Jan 16 2009, 12:36 AM) you know what is funny, My Vista PC wont let me create a documents and setting folder, Which really sucks cause i was wanting to try it out. And trust me i tried everything, Be nice if i could have the Wii folder some were else

Wiiblaster,
give me a couple of days, I should be able to solve that for you. I already have a pretty clear idea on how to make it work but I want to test it first. i will have access to a vista pc over the week end so you should hear from me on that matter by sunday night max.

R

D

Deleted User

WiiBlaster said:
ether2802 said:
laugh.gif
wink2.gif

you know what is funny, My Vista PC wont let me create a documents and setting folder, Which really sucks cause i was wanting to try it out. And trust me i tried everything, Be nice if i could have the Wii folder some were else

I encountered this error yonks ago, but i realised, it wont let me because there's already one. I think you need to show hidden folders, or system folders or something. But it's there.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been awhile since I ran vista.......the documents and settings folder is really not as it seems.....what I mean by that is there is another folder.....I think called user documents that is like a symlink.....in that folder you'll find the true path to what is symlinked as my docs.....I can't tell you exactly what it is but that is the my document problem in a nutshell....hope that points you in the proper direction

EDIT: this link might help shed more light regarding the paths....

http://www.realtime-vista.com/general/2007...cuments_and.htm

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
redia said:

uhhh actually is illegal to distribute that file, but if you want the complete "wii" folder with all the files.......PM me...!!!
wink2.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(ether2802 @ Jan 15 2009, 05:02 PM) you need to have a "wii" folder in:
wink2.gif

see I did told ya'
biggrin.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muzz said:
It's been awhile since I ran vista.......the documents and settings folder is really not as it seems.....what I mean by that is there is another folder.....I think called user documents that is like a symlink.....in that folder you'll find the true path to what is symlinked as my docs.....I can't tell you exactly what it is but that is the my document problem in a nutshell....hope that points you in the proper direction

EDIT: this link might help shed more light regarding the paths....

http://www.realtime-vista.com/general/2007...cuments_and.htm

Yes thats my problem, Not sure if its a solution, but it is my problem, I'll mess around trying to find the true path, But right now i dont beleive i'm going to mess with it. Thanks

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Yes thats my problem, Not sure if its a solution, but it is my problem, I'll mess around trying to find the true path, But right now i dont beleive i'm going to mess with it. Thanks

Sorry to digress if you read this reply without any other context it is quite funny, yes grasshopper

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try runing it and see where it tells you that can't find the files missing, see I changed the "wii" folder, and then ran it, the error promping is:

Code:
cetk error: /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Ether/wii/cetk

maybe it can give you the path to the location of the "wii" folder...!!!
wink.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether2802 said:
redia said:

uhhh actually is illegal to distribute that file, but if you want the complete "wii" folder with all the files.......PM me...!!!
wink2.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(ether2802 @ Jan 15 2009, 05:02 PM) you need to have a "wii" folder in:
wink2.gif

see I did told ya'
biggrin.gif

in fact I removed all the shared1 files and also the common-key
the only file added compared to your file is the cetk.
I did not realise it is not allowed to share it.. if you are positive it is the case let me know I will remove my link

R

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi people.
I have successfully installed CIOS 35 and 37 (the only two i currently require) and also have a drive chip, but get the 001/002 error (hence installing gamma and now CIOS). Havent installed Starfall or Preloader as yet as all my games are brickblocked anyway, i will when i get round to it.
Anywho, I loaded up GHWT last night no problem, but later on i was getting the 001 error again, with eventually a successful load. It seemed to me that the drive chip was kicking in and overriding the CIOS settings. Is that possible? Any suggestion on how to override the chip so it doesnt load from this? Will using preloader make sure the drivechip doesnt kick in first?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/YiPNsWD.mp4