• Views 154,075
  • Replies 1,572

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arm the Homeless said:
For uninstalling CIOSCORP, would it be enough to patch, for example, CIOS36.wad to IOS36 then install that?

I don't understand. If you want to revert IOS36 to the original one, just install it with WAD Manager.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Arm the Homeless said:
For uninstalling CIOSCORP, would it be enough to patch, for example, CIOS36.wad to IOS36 then install that?

I don't understand. If you want to revert IOS36 to the original one, just install it with WAD Manager.
But I mean for ALL of the IOSes.
IOS36 was just an example. What if you can't find the original WADs?

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if your app lets you load iso from nand, it will patch them on the fly?

or am I too tired to think properly?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mhadf said:
So if your app lets you load iso from nand, it will patch them on the fly?

or am I too tired to think properly?

That's the idea, but the more i work at it, the more features come to my mind. I hope i get soon to the point i think it's ready to release at Google Code(or another open source page).

PS: I hope you mean ios not iso, iso loading would be much more complicated.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, yeah I meant IOS.

Sounds good, saves people bricking by accidently installing a USA/JAP/PAL IOS30 instead of a USA/JAP/PAL IOS30
biggrin.gif

Can't wait for you to do some widepsread testing.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the one attached to the system menu was region specific, I'm sure I read something about it in this thread.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
All the original ioses are pretty much in the iso's right?! I have them all compiled in a mediafire link if you want them ARM??

Well, unless the offer is exclusive... I could really use those IOSes, IronMask.
If it's OK, I'd like to request a PM to the link.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
IronMask said:
All the original ioses are pretty much in the iso's right?! I have them all compiled in a mediafire link if you want them ARM??

Well, unless the offer is exclusive... I could really use those IOSes, IronMask.

Sorry for the off topicness but your username seems so familiar, have we ever met before?

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
I think i asked if the system menu IOS was region specific earlier on in the thread.... but its not, i havent bricked... i have a pal wii, and installed an ntsc-u ios30.
biggrin.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
SFenton said:
IronMask said:

Sorry for the off topicness but your username seems so familiar, have we ever met before?

It's OK.
I doubt we've met, but you've probably heard my name mentioned by Mrkinator and the Rock Band Customs section, I was involved in helping making that... perhaps you're also familiar with ComicBookGuru (my ScoreHero alias)?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Phratt said:
SFenton said:
IronMask said:

It's OK.
I doubt we've met, but you've probably heard my name mentioned by Mrkinator and the Rock Band Customs section, I was involved in helping making that... perhaps you're also familiar with ComicBookGuru (my ScoreHero alias)?

No...

It probably was the RBCs...have you ever played Epic mafia before?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
SFenton said:
Phratt said:
SFenton said:
IronMask said:

It's OK.

No...

It probably was the RBCs...have you ever played Epic mafia before?

No, sorry.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question:

I have CIOSCORP installed.

Say a new version of IOS 249 came out that increased compatibility / etc...

If I was to attempt to install it and it failed, would I be bricked?

Or would everything still be up and running just no disc reading from the disc channel until a proper IOS 249 was installed?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
Question:

Or would everything still be up and running just no disc reading from the disc channel until a proper IOS 249 was installed?
No, I'm guessing not as it's only used for loading games unless you patched the system menu to use ios 249.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Question:

The Disc Channel isn't reading discs with IOS249 unless you patch the System Menu to use IOS249. So if you leave system menu on IOS30 then if you lose IOS249 you just use one of the many tools to reinstall IOS249. We abandoned using IOS249 for the system menu early on as it was deemed too risky. So many different types of applications using it to attach the system menu to it.

tphi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could I uninstall it just by running waninkoko's "IOS Downgrader" (the IOS one, not the cIOS). Il is supposed to reinstall 3.2 ios to make trucha disc run...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My fiber jack was violated