Android Sync bookmarks on Firefox (PC) and Stock/ICS+ (Android).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So I'd like bookmark syncing between my PC and tablet (TF201 running ICS), but the issue is I use firefox on my PC (some of the stuff I do is not available in Chrome due to the extra restrictions on what plugins have access to), and I use the stock browser or ICS+ on tha tablet.

From googling it's suggested I sync my bookmarks on the PC from firefox to chrome, and then via my google account let the stock browser or ICS+ pick up on it... is that still doable? How would I start this?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure syncing your tablet's browser with desktop Chrome is only supported on the Chrome browser or through a plugin with Dolphin. The easiest solution would just be to switch to Firefox on Android.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Firefox on android's got a terrible interface, unless there's some magical way to hide all the other crap it has and just display the tab/address bar at the top.

From what I've read the bookmark syncing is a native feature to ICS now, my struggle is getting them to sync between Fx and Chrome on the PC to start that process. XD

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firefox on android's got a terrible interface, unless there's some magical way to hide all the other crap it has and just display the tab/address bar at the top.

From what I've read the bookmark syncing is a native feature to ICS now, my struggle is getting them to sync between Fx and Chrome on the PC to start that process. XD
I think you are right about the ICS browser featuring sync. The easiest way I've found after a bit of research would be to install Xmarks on both Firefox and Chrome.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I tried that as well, but unfortunately there's two issues. The first is that I'd need to run chrome each time as well to get the bookmarks into it, and that also disables chrome's native bookmark synching, preventing my bookmarks from going to the tablet unless I get xmarks on there, which is only for subscription users.

I tried some firefox plugins to sync to google's bookmarks service, but those didn't work.

So I've given up.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an option in chrome's settings to leave background applications running:
JMySm.png

However I wasn't aware Xmarks disabled chrome's bookmark syncing, can you not just reenable it?

An alternative could be to use Pinboard, Google Bookmarks, Delicious, Kippt, or some other bookmark site with mobile view.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't toggle the setting off, so it doesn't look like I'm able to change it. They did that so people would have to buy their subscription to get access to their xmarks stuff on android.

Bookmark sites are meh, I'm trying to make this automated without me having to do extra steps. It's not really worth it for me right now with all the work needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    like i searched all folders
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    are you using haxchi, tiramisu or aroma?
    yeah
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc