SX Pro is now rolling off the production line - more of your Questions Answered

Everyone has been wondering how things are moving along with getting the SX PRO devices into the hands of the official resellers, and today we had the pleasure to be given an exclusive tour of the inside of the Team-Xecuter factory, and we took some cool photos of the assembly line in operation, and at the same time the developers took a break out of their busy schedule to answer some more of your questions you been having recently since the last SX update a few days ago.

SX-LINE.jpg

The clock is ticking and we are getting closer to Xecuter SX line launch date.

We wanted to share some of the pictures of the first units coming out of our assembly lines and of the packaging for SX Pro. We are very satisfied with the product quality and we are certain you will be as well. We will have some video and maybe another announcement coming and then it will be TIME!

Before we leave you, our usual Q&A to your most popular questions.
  • Q: Is SX OS compatible with firmware 5.1.0
    A:
    Of course. And as we stated before, it will be compatible with the next updates as well. We are offering a future proof solution.
  • Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it 'stand alone' be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?
    A:
    Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).
    So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
  • Q: Why is there - and + symbols engraved in the SX Pro dongle?
    Since USB-C devices can be plugged in either way, people are worried if dongle plugged in upside down, the + on left and - on right, and SX label facing down, that the Switch will blew up or get bricked, etc.
    A:
    They are here just for cosmetic reasons. The - symbol is also the LED window.
  • Q: Yikes, those are two huge caps in render picture? Is that going to taser my Switch, damage my system, or zap me!
    A:
    Super Cap’s actually (super-capacitor), 0.35F 2.7V, given the transport issues with Lithium based batteries SuperCap’s are fast becoming the go to temporary power source.
    No zapping ( very low voltage ) and we limit the charge current to ~400mA peak for either USB port.
  • Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get 'charged'? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? -- Why not battery instead? -- Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.
    A:
    The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.
    Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).
  • Q: Can I charge my Switch via dongle?
    Using just micro-usb cable, removing the need of needing a proper usb-c cable.
    A:
    Sadly no, our intent for the micro USB port was for charging the dongle and firmware updates, but might be something we will consider for future hardware revisions, thanks.
  • Q: There been reports of cables, and docks without that bricked the battery charging circuit, are we at risk with SX Pro solution?
    A:
    No, simply because we do not support charging. The dongle uses both USB ports only for receiving charge.
  • Q: Is TX coming up with solution for those that leave their Switch always 'docked'?
    Its nice, that is portable, but some users never go 'portable', they are DOCK only fans, what about them?
    A:
    If the demand is there, it is something we can develop.
Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018!

Check out the source link below, for their exclusive photos of the TX assembly line)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: removing my usual bad grammar

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you even get this idea from? it will charge as normal, you just cant plug a micro usb cable into the dongle to charge the switch (undocked)

I already replied to Tinkle about the possible source of my confusion with the battery not charging. Guess I'm mixing up SX Pro CFW with AutoRCM mode!? :( Sorry

Reactions: jonxs

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, lmfao. I meant modifying internal system software. The color of your joycons won't send any red flags.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Both of which are wrong.

Sure? https://gbatemp.net/threads/important-psa-autorcm-battery-warning.505192/

To quote that link:

"EDIT: It turns out Tux was wrong, Kate has since clarified the PD controller has a mode for charging the Switch in the event of no power. So the Switch can not be bricked, but you are still unable to charge in RCM.

However this can sometimes fail, if that happens you will need to unplug / replug the battery"

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you even get this idea from? it will charge as normal, you just cant plug a micro usb cable into the dongle to charge the switch (undocked)
The FAQ in the OP of this very thread states that there's no pass-through charging through the dongle. If you want to charge the Switch, unplug the dongle.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So $60 for Mash Bros and airplane mode for everything else?

probably the safest bet, but not 100% guaranteed, it all just depends on what the switch logs while offline etc and how determined Nintendo are to punish offenders
If TX had EmuNAND support, this situation could be easily mitigated towards running your illegal backups on SysNAND but playing your legitimately purchased games online with EmuNAND. I'm kind of surprised. Its like they're confident people won't get banned for using their product, maybe too confident...

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

DiJornios

DiJiorno
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If you completely drain the battery to the point of not being able to even enter RCM (with autoRCM) you will be unable to do anything, requiring you to remove the battery and charge it externally / in a other Switch etc. to be able to boot at all." (Quote form the link)

Thats sounds like a fucking nightmare

Not being able to charge through the dongle;couldn't they just slap on like 10 more dollars for such a minuscule feature?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
"If you completely drain the battery to the point of not being able to even enter RCM (with autoRCM) you will be unable to do anything, requiring you to remove the battery and charge it externally / in a other Switch etc. to be able to boot at all." (Quote form the link)

Thats sounds like a fucking nightmare

Not being able to charge through the dongle;couldn't they just slap on like 10 more dollars for such a minuscule feature?
I'm hoping TX have put in a auto shutdown or boot to horizon on their RCM menu so if you accidentally boot up it wont just sit in rcm mode and drain the battery

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sure? https://gbatemp.net/threads/important-psa-autorcm-battery-warning.505192/

To quote that link:

"EDIT: It turns out Tux was wrong, Kate has since clarified the PD controller has a mode for charging the Switch in the event of no power. So the Switch can not be bricked, but you are still unable to charge in RCM.

However this can sometimes fail, if that happens you will need to unplug / replug the battery"
I honestly thought I read otherwise for AutoRCM. Oops.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere will get you banned as quick as TX would. You can charge in CFW mode. You only need the dongle to cold boot. You've all used a tethered jailbreak, stop complaining. And never ever ever listen to anything that SoC degrading guy says.

Reactions: Skylinedeadline

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want to know whether those jigs use the infamous paper clip method or if it's something entirely different and less harmful to the switch.
It was already mentioned in the previous thread they use pins 10 and 7 and there is a resister inside of the jig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny