UGREEN Revodok Pro 11-in-1 and 13-in-1 Impressions

ugreen revodok.jpg

Among UGREEN’s latest releases is the UGREEN Revodok Pro docking station, which comes in two models: the £70 11-in-1 and the £130 1.-in-1. They both look and feel very similar, sporting a premium aluminium enclosure and rectangular form factor. They are also both of the same width and thickness, but as expected, the 11-in-1 variant is shorter than the 13-in-1. The latter features two extra ports, namely a DP port and an extra USB port.

stacked docks.jpg

11 ports.jpg 13 ports.jpg

Features of the 11-in-1 and 13-in-1 Revodok Pro are mostly similar, save for some extra bells-and-whistles with the latter model. Thanks to its extra ports, the 13-in-1 Revodock Pro can achieve triple 4K displays (2 via HDMI and 1 via the DP port) at up to 60Hz. By using one or two ports to extend your display, you can achieve 4K@60Hz on both while if you plug in a third display, the remaining video port will output 4K@30Hz. This can greatly improve your productivity and multitasking abilities with the assistance of a small dock.

13 one.jpg13 two.jpg

In comparison, the 11-in-1 Revodok Pro can output 8K@60Hz on a single display or 4K@60Hz on dual displays. The former option is available only on the HDMI 2 port but this is luckily well marked on the dock and the user guide helps to provide a refresher.

As for the other ports, both include a welcome variety from SD/TF slots to a 100W USB-C port for fast charging to a 3.5mm headphone jack. These really help expand the ports on laptops that have a tendency to limit their ports in favour of a sleeker aesthetic. In particular, I think such docks are perfect companions for the increasingly popular handheld gaming PCs; especially as these become more powerful and can be used as a laptop replacement (with adequate accessories like a keyboard and mouse) like the AYANEO KUN.

ports 1.jpg ports 2.jpg

I do, however, have a few gripes with the Revodok. Firstly, the included USB cable is fixed. I’d very much have preferred for the cable to be detachable as this can make for a more portable accessory and also helps with easier storage. Secondly, the underside features no rubberised feet that would otherwise help the dock from moving around if you accidentally nudge it.

cabl.jpg under.jpg

Overall, the Revodok Pro are quality products, as UGREEN is known for. They are highly portable accessories that offer a variety of port expansions for your laptop in a plug-and-play fashion to boost productivity.

end.jpg

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shame it's not a 2.5gbe port, but looks pretty good otherwise.

Do we know if it's usb4, usb 3.2 gen 2x2, or thunderbolt 3? my guess is not thunderbolt or usb4 as that'd probably have the lightning bolt logo on one of the usb plugs, so probably usb 3.2 gen 2x2?

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
UGREEN's been getting alot of attention lately
ugreen had that kind of gadgets that are cheap but superior quality (like i hidden gem if you like) . sadly, with all the attencion, now their products are overpriced (or on par with other quality brands) sad for us, but good for them of course. but yeah, their products are good, nevertheless

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can share alternatives? I kind of want one of these for non retarded prices.
3 usb /usbc, 2 hdmi are bare minimums.
For the features that this dock has and performance, you won't find anything much cheaper.
There are plenty of USB 3.2 10Gbps docks on amazon from $30-$50

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, no real alternatives, then?
depends on exactly what you're needing. if there's one feature missing, sometimes it's just cheaper to get a hub without that feature and buy another dongle to add it.

for instance, i just needed powered usb hub with usb c only, plus a 2.5g ethernet. could not find just that. so i got a cheap, solid powered usb c only dongle, then added a cheap usb c to 2.5gbe dongle. winded up being cheap compared to things like this. havjng thunderbolt 3 or usb4 makes this easier, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been