SX Pro is now rolling off the production line - more of your Questions Answered

Everyone has been wondering how things are moving along with getting the SX PRO devices into the hands of the official resellers, and today we had the pleasure to be given an exclusive tour of the inside of the Team-Xecuter factory, and we took some cool photos of the assembly line in operation, and at the same time the developers took a break out of their busy schedule to answer some more of your questions you been having recently since the last SX update a few days ago.

SX-LINE.jpg

The clock is ticking and we are getting closer to Xecuter SX line launch date.

We wanted to share some of the pictures of the first units coming out of our assembly lines and of the packaging for SX Pro. We are very satisfied with the product quality and we are certain you will be as well. We will have some video and maybe another announcement coming and then it will be TIME!

Before we leave you, our usual Q&A to your most popular questions.
  • Q: Is SX OS compatible with firmware 5.1.0
    A:
    Of course. And as we stated before, it will be compatible with the next updates as well. We are offering a future proof solution.
  • Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it 'stand alone' be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?
    A:
    Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).
    So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
  • Q: Why is there - and + symbols engraved in the SX Pro dongle?
    Since USB-C devices can be plugged in either way, people are worried if dongle plugged in upside down, the + on left and - on right, and SX label facing down, that the Switch will blew up or get bricked, etc.
    A:
    They are here just for cosmetic reasons. The - symbol is also the LED window.
  • Q: Yikes, those are two huge caps in render picture? Is that going to taser my Switch, damage my system, or zap me!
    A:
    Super Cap’s actually (super-capacitor), 0.35F 2.7V, given the transport issues with Lithium based batteries SuperCap’s are fast becoming the go to temporary power source.
    No zapping ( very low voltage ) and we limit the charge current to ~400mA peak for either USB port.
  • Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get 'charged'? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? -- Why not battery instead? -- Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.
    A:
    The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.
    Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).
  • Q: Can I charge my Switch via dongle?
    Using just micro-usb cable, removing the need of needing a proper usb-c cable.
    A:
    Sadly no, our intent for the micro USB port was for charging the dongle and firmware updates, but might be something we will consider for future hardware revisions, thanks.
  • Q: There been reports of cables, and docks without that bricked the battery charging circuit, are we at risk with SX Pro solution?
    A:
    No, simply because we do not support charging. The dongle uses both USB ports only for receiving charge.
  • Q: Is TX coming up with solution for those that leave their Switch always 'docked'?
    Its nice, that is portable, but some users never go 'portable', they are DOCK only fans, what about them?
    A:
    If the demand is there, it is something we can develop.
Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018!

Check out the source link below, for their exclusive photos of the TX assembly line)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: removing my usual bad grammar

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
aliexpress and tabao will jump on the dongol wagon thats for sure.
i always used to buy xecuter chips and then tried a fake cool runner from china and its the same, even better :D

anyways its just 24 hours so lets see.
@SoulOfGazza are you the one leaking it, or someone internally.

it might happen if someone wants to bash the whole thing and released the source code online.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are waiting for you to explain how it can charge from usb-c

Come along now seems you have been called out and now been shown up best get back to your homework before your mom notices you have sneaked on the internet without her permission again
... You do know that the USB C port allows for power delivery both ways, right? You can use a C-C cable to charge a pro controller while playing on the Switch, if memory serves

Reactions: ArcLP

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought the modchip because the dongle makes it semi-tethered and you don't wanna wait for Atmosphere to implement backup launching? Great
Don't wanna spend money on piracy when you're content with waiting for a free solution by the community via Atmosphere? Great
Have a problem with people who prefer one way over another? Not great. Seriously, that last point is not hard to understand.

PojarNazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

Come along now seems you have been called out and now been shown up best get back to your homework before your mom notices you have sneaked on the internet without her permission again
I'm starting to think that you are transsexual instigator, who "happy to do as much as it can to reduce their profitability and thus disincentivize these kinds of awful behaviors"

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Actually you failed to notice that he mentioned the caps only after the TX page went up! Basically he has seen the pics of the capacitors and decided to invent another of his BS stories to scare people off of buying / cancel their pre orders. Anyone with basic electronic knowledge knows that those capacitors can be charged via the Switch. I guess that's the magic of USB C right.

I don't really care if he's gonna release the SX OS or not. What really grinds my gears is that he's clearly lying and he's trying to fuck people over the fact that TX fucked him.
Probably. He's promised something for tomorrow so we're not long from proof either way.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is speculating things, so why others can't do same to him?
Because that's absolutely socially unacceptable, not to mention degrading to a third party that is influential in the scene

Just because he's being an ass doesn't mean you need to turn the dial up to 11 on him

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

... You do know that the USB C port allows for power delivery both ways, right? You can use a C-C cable to charge a pro controller while playing on the Switch, if memory serves
You know what, to add to this, I'm really confused as to how you think flash drives or USB C headphones work if you think that the USB C spec only allows for one-way power delivery

PojarNazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Because that's absolutely socially unacceptable, not to mention degrading to a third party that is influential in the scene

Just because he's being an ass doesn't mean you need to turn the dial up to 11 on him
If that message make you feel uncomfortable, i am really sorry, although i am not trying to offend someone with word transsexual and also i use quote from his(her) FAQ and it was temkin who start to shitting on TX, I very appreciate his(her) work, but i have no respect for temkin, cause guys like SoG is a repercussion of that quote. And SoG in fact trying to offend users and TX itself and no one even trying to block this scum.

Last edited by PojarNazarovich,

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also wonder why this guy hasn't been blocked/deleted yet.
I mean, making false claim is kind of ok, since it is hard to prove he doesn't have anything (although we all know he doesn't).
But the guy first quote full person names. Claim he has been scammed. Then he should decline his full real name and details about how he has been scammed. Otherwise that is just also scamming other users into thinking this company or persons are thieves. This is actually a crime in just about every country. There also i am so sure he never was scammed and that the issue is elsewhere, maybe a sour competitor, maybe just a kid being jealous because his life sucks so bad...
Beside the fact that it is very wrong morally, particularly on this site where I guess most of us want our real names not to be included in posts by other users considering the 'activities' we talk about here.
On top of that, he attempted in many different ways to have people cancel Paypal orders, send him proof by PM in return for a fake promise of delivering them a free SX OS type solution. This is dangerous for business, and also a scam. And again a crime.
This forum need some serious work on moderation.
Trolling sucks but has to be accepted, this is the unfortunate side of the freedom of speech of the internet. But scamming or crime should make GBAtemp admin delete users immediately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or move to Linux, which was the reason why I hate Windows with a passion.