Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

Thejigmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if txsw1tch will be shipping the lite orders tomorrow? or is that that they are supposed to be getting the lites from TX tomorrow or is that TX is shipping to resellers tomorrow ?

SX lite is delayed further past the 16th for all resellers but I wasn't given a definitive timeframe... I told Mod3ds to just ship my SX CORE since this waiting is killing me and i already got tracking.

Last edited by Thejigmaster,
Reactions: weatMod

The8Darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anybody succesfully soldered a v2 using normal iron and magnifying glass?
I installed it today without any magnification with a cheapish ts100 iron (cost like 40-50€ on alieexpress)
Worked first try, but I already had some experience.
You only have to get a very tiny amount from the joint towards the capacitator - so if it doesnt work you can just readjust a bit and try again - its better to not have a connection than to shorten it

Also whats slightly bothering me - the back of the switch gets a little buldge, it doesnt interfere with anything and you dont feel it, but you can see it.

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Core arrived today but I'm going to be unable to get my hands on a Switch until next week. Can anyone who has already installed one tell me what size tip you used on your soldering iron? I'm pretty sure my current iron isn't good enough so I'm going to buy a new one but I'm not sure which size to get. I'm looking at 0.5 mm tips currently.
I haven't received mine yet, but I'll pitch in anyway. May sound weird but I'm considering using a 2mm chisel tip for this. Since the job is to pre-tin the pads and then retouch them to flow the solder onto the components, a chisel might actually make better contact with the surfaces. A 2mm would be over twice the size of those caps, though, so I'm still on the fence about it.

Can i use something like this, to connect the chip? So i dont have to solder.
Conductive Silver Glue Wire Electrically Paste Adhesive Paint PCB Repair
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conductive...-Paste-Adhesive-Paint-PCB-Repair/313090598501
This discussion already came up some 30 pages back and again about 10 pages back, so to sum it up:
Will it work? No way to say for sure, so it's a huge maybe.
Is it better than soldering? No.
Is it easier than soldering? Probably not.
Is it reliable? Again, no way to know , so another huge maybe.
Would anyone recommend it? Doubtful. Best-case scenario you'll have the flat cables permanently attached to your console, so if the modchip fails in the future and is no longer in production, or a better alternative comes out, you won't be able to remove them.

Last edited by MrSandstorm,

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks + Sorry
Would be better if the forum allows to search the thread, didnt read the hole 53 pages.
I didn't mean to imply that you should have read it before, sorry if it seemed that way. My intention was just to consolidate what was previously discussed for ease of reading, and in case other people had the same doubt. These conductive glue products are indeed really tempting for anyone who's not very experienced with soldering (it's an expensive console after all).

Reactions: puxxi2003
D

Deleted User

sxflashcard.com seems to be the fastest as I've already had a few Cores come in and a lite coming in any day now.

The8Darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to transfer saves from an old switch to the new one?
The built in save transfer doesnt work and gateway doesnt work. Both crash (one when trying to login, other on start)

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In my case I was the last to received the Sx core lite , because I live in Argentina , Brazil was one of the last as well . Sometimes is the distance and the countries burocracy in customes
I second this, especially the bureaucracy part. Getting a package through customs in Brazil is kind of a coin flip. If you're lucky, it'll clear in a day or two. If not, be ready to wait for a few months, and when I say a few, I actually mean anything from one to six months.

Reactions: matias3ds

lipanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I installed it today without any magnification with a cheapish ts100 iron (cost like 40-50€ on alieexpress)
Worked first try, but I already had some experience.
You only have to get a very tiny amount from the joint towards the capacitator - so if it doesnt work you can just readjust a bit and try again - its better to not have a connection than to shorten it

Also whats slightly bothering me - the back of the switch gets a little buldge, it doesnt interfere with anything and you dont feel it, but you can see it.

thanks for the feedback.. i feels slightly confident now.. hopefully i can do it myself. just need to find a smallest tip i have.

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're lucky i order from gearbest and aliexpress all the time and Yanwen is always the worst of them all , no tracking and it takes forever and sometimes i don't get my package at all , i find chinapost and other shippers all come faster than Yanwen
a week is super fast for anything from China though average here is like 4 to 6 weeks
I don’t know, in his tracking screenshot it shows tracking numbers and dates for Yanwen. And after it arrives in the destination country the tracking carriers over to the local post office system right?

Danatkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone got SX Core working on tencent units?

By the Look of it on the Xecuter chat some-one has.......
Although I would wait further confirmation

Attachments

• CFF3D510-174F-4F66-93BE-E90D3F738275.png
    CFF3D510-174F-4F66-93BE-E90D3F738275.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 249

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Recieved mine yesterday, not preordered, get it directly from a seller on aliexpress (manufacturer)
It takes 4 days to arrive in my country by dhl

Really fast.. but have you paid more than 20 bucks just for shipping? uff it hurts!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to transfer saves from an old switch to the new one?
The built in save transfer doesnt work and gateway doesnt work. Both crash (one when trying to login, other on start)

There are a program called Checkpoint I think, but i wouldn't recommend this until you make a copy with to EMUNAND

ucef

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Really fast.. but have you paid more than 20 bucks just for shipping? uff it hurts!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There are a program called Checkpoint I think, but i wouldn't recommend this until you make a copy with to EMUNAND
Yeah i paid 40 bucks dhl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh