semzorro

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I just received this email from txswitch

Hello dear customer,
Thanks for your order on our website !

According to the latest news from the team-xecuter official website, sx core / lite expect to delivery end of this week or early next week is sent to the dealer. But the delivery time is uncertain.

After we receive the goods, we will ship sx core/lite, according to the order and process it for you as soon as possible. now delivered within 10 working days .Please wait patiently.
Can you show it to us ? Just to prove that you are not lying .

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you pre-order now you are just risking getting your money taken away. Wait until the actual product is out...

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Protect their stuff? We own the hardware we can do whatever we want with that. Your pc is nvidia, and you want to run any games on the nvidia, do you expect nvidia to stop you because nvidia want to protect their stuff? Nothing inside the switch is Nintendo own stuff, they protect nothing, and they own nothing and they want to pick the cherry out of nothing.
You are completely right. You own your device (except in the USA). But Nintendo got the law on their side to protect themselves from piracy. This is why and how they're going after them. If it was just a blank modchip that wasn't advertised as a backup chip. It would probably be fine, as so many others in the past.

AugustC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You are completely right. You own your device (except in the USA). But Nintendo got the law on their side to protect themselves from piracy. This is why and how they're going after them. If it was just a blank modchip that wasn't advertised as a backup chip. It would probably be fine, as so many others in the past.
Fix: ~~~Nintendo are probably right, they should get rid of the pirates through the proper channel.~~~

Last edited by AugustC,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
When everybody is suffering from no income, Nintendo want to drain more money, they should considerate and lower the price of their items, look at the price of their “stuff”, is it fair to ripoff the gamers?
Thats not how business works. They aren't a charity. They're a company.

Reactions: masbass

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I’m talking about price, would you not get mad when your favourite Taco Bell jump on price because “we are the company and business”, and you can’t afford to eat the Taco Bell, what’re you gonna do? Ranting? Calling them pirate? Or stop eating.
By stop going to them. It's my right to refuse to give them my business. But I have no right to demand them to lower their prices. I can ask them to, but they don't have to.

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like what? R4 and many others PS2 mods tried the 'blank' argument in USA. They always lost. Be real, whether Atmo or SX or anything that is used massively for piracy - even if legit use - the law has generally ruled for console producers in USA and a few other western countries. You can be 100% sure they could go after Atmo and take it down and send those guys like SciresM to jail. They just don't bother because Atmo is small market, SX is mass market. Being around for a long time, I can tell you, this is the 20th time there is such case. The producers (meaning TX and the likes) tried: - blank device - device loaded with only homebrew support (à la Atmo) - device not even working until after you reflash it with proper firmware supporting piracy. Always in court in USA same story: 'Device has legal uses, but 'we' (the law) know it is massively or almost uniquely used for piracy, so it is illegal'. USA is very corrupted on every level by lobbying and big corporations. You can expect nothing there. In other countries, it is different.

Last edited by Fred Molyneux,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can be 100% sure they could go after Atmo and take it down and send those guys like SciresM to jail.
No, since Atmosphere doesn't go around the encryption. It's not including anything to run commercial games for example. If Nintendo wanted it down, they already would have taken it down.

SX is mass market.
It's a piracy tool.

Always in court in USA same story
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-circumvention
Reason why it's in the USA.

Reactions: masbass

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, since Atmosphere doesn't go around the encryption. It's not including anything to run commercial games for example. If Nintendo wanted it down, they already would have taken it down.

you don't know history and haven't seen court rulings. Even totally blank devices like the many R4 type cards were taken down. Even device doing only homebrew that could be modified to run games (exactly like Atmo) were deemed illegal. Not once, in multiple court ruling. That argument never held, in USA, in Japan, in France, in UK, there was multiple rulings. Always same kind of wording from the court 'Although the device has legal uses and pretends to be designed for those purposes, the reality is that it is near exclusively use to break copy protection etc. etc'.'. This is exactly what Atmo does, we have all those fake guys here, but reality is if there is 50K Atmo users, I think it will be hard to find more than 5 that have NEVER used at least one game copy on it. And I really mean it, not 500, not 50, 5 or less. We all know that. And this is exactly how they would go down in court. Hypocrisy really upset courts, the talks people have here 'oh, but it is only for homebrew' just increase your sentence. Like i said, they didn't bother now because they have numbers, Atmo is peanuts compare to schools and regular users which are 95+% SX, and that number will increase even more now with newest mod support. But you can be sure the moment they want to take it down, they will and they will win.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
So uh... Is there any swedish retailers for these chips? Or a trustworthy EU-retailer that ships to sweden? Tried googling, couldnt find any swedish stores :/ And I have no idea what EU-stores are trustworthy for shipping to sweden.

I'd prefer not to order from outside of EU, due to postnord's stupid fee(in addition to the normal import fees) on any parcel outside of EU :(

Slightly offtopic but, with a modded switch, is it possible to backup your saves made pre-modded state? Or are they stuck on the OFW, inaccessible forever? I hate how you cant make proper backups of your saves >:( And the cloud saves being deleted the instant your online sub expires

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1