Homebrew Switching from Gateway emunand to a9lh + luma

ghry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I've been looking into a9lh + luma for the last two days and decided to try switching from my Gateway. Since I dont have time to stay up to date its been a while since I've checked the 3ds hacking+homebrewscene. I'm currently running a New3DSXL on 9.0.0E sysNAND with Gateway 10.3 EmuNAND coldlaunched via homemenuhax + bootmanager(not sure which one its been too long). I've read through Plailects Guide and started off by making sys and emuNAND backups via EMUNAND9. Since i have a few cias installed + saves on my emuNAND i'ld prefer to be able to keep those but im unsure how. Do I have to format my sd and make a new redNAND like Plailect Part 3 says or can i somehow use my 10.3 gateway emuNAND? If I follow Plailect when and how would i go about injecting my saves + cias + nnid into the new luma sysNAND.
I can remember seeing something similar to my questions on the forum a few days ago but cant seem to find it anymore.
I'ld be greatfull if someone could help me out or point me to a tut/answer.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Follow the guide to the letter and don't deviate. You may end up with an unrecoverable brick if you try to modify the method. Just keep a backup of your emuNAND and SD card and you can restore them once the process is complete.

ghry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@mashers thank you for the quick answer. So after finishing the complete guide how do i go about restoring my emuNand to my new sysNAND? Do i just use decrypt9 or emunand9 to restore my emuNAND.bin backup? How about my saves + installed cias? What do i need to Copy from my current sd card to the finished one?
Since i already have the homebrewlauncher installed can i skip that step or should i go for a clean sd card and just redo all of it?
ty in advance

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fairly easy ghry.
First, make a NAND backup of the existing 3DS NAND. That's a precaution.
Then use Decrypt9 to restore your EmuNAND.bin to SysNAND, make sure you restore but choose "KEEP A9LH."

Oh, and don't do this if you've modified anything sensitive on your emunand itself, like SecureInfo or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...