Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
As others have pointed this system works, but it's kinda pointless.
I mean, you need a second cert, an unbanned one, and the unban won't last too long.

So... yeah, not sure if this should be called unbanning as the other cert keeps banned, but it isn't worth it at all.

Jikkyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I mean, this doesn't really help anyone since the token changes effectively make using Charles as a token spoof MITM the equivalent of pointing a gun at your own head.
I still don't get how you continue saying this information does not help anybody, are you holding newer information on this?

Ozzyramm1

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Osea que porque el colectivo paso muy rapido y yo no lo vi... no paso??? No jodas tio. Vamos que ya somos grandes.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get how you continue saying this information does not help anybody, are you holding newer information on this?

What? No. I am saying that they can/have MITM detection on top of now associating tokens and certificate-sources with hardware. 24-hr expiry + frequent token checks in that 24-hr window results in something that works great as a "PoC" because you do it once in a 10s window, but has limited to no applicability in reality.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

Jikkyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
sure, this is not safe, but its a step, probbly only needs some "pool encrytion" to have data correctly..almost

Last edited by Jikkyou,

RetroGamer_74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You're right bro. I never did a video with the idea, anyone should repeat what I did.
It's completely useless.

Many times "Proof of concepts" never see the light as they're shown.

Because of that I named my video, Unban, proof of concept. Then I spoke spanish in my video.
In my first video I didn't show the steps to repeat the procedure, because I considered many people just want to reproduce what I'm showing without hear the comments. And I thought it was dangerous.

So my only goal was, talk about that this, exists today. And many people was not aware of it, even me.

Can you do login in nintendo services with a banned device? Yes.
Is it useless? Yes.
Will you ban your clean cert used to this test? Yes

So, getting already answered that questions, some people says, So then, why to do that?

And I say, Why not? I want to do it. Just that.

And I explained that very well in my first video.

I didn't come here to do a post or something like that.

So the method exists. And the method works.

Afterthat, all the comments talking about if this is useful shouldn't be happened if people hear my comments in spanish in my first video.

But there are ways to keep on working about this topic, because I think there are several things you can do to keep safe and maybe avoid the ban.

But it requires time, and work, and obviously Nintendo can change it in a second, and destroy all your work.

But I'm happy working in this kind of researches. It is the main reason for I've got several switch. Just for this.

Best regards.

As others have pointed this system works, but it's kinda pointless.
I mean, you need a second cert, an unbanned one, and the unban won't last too long.

So... yeah, not sure if this should be called unbanning as the other cert keeps banned, but it isn't worth it at all.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some may say it’s pointless to unban the switch but I think it isn’t even if the switch will end up being banned again. I really feel that something about atmosphere will make the switch almost impossible to be banned again. I can’t really prove if that’s true because I got banned before the official atmosphere release but I think with every atmosphere update, the switch gets better ban protection.

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This video is basically saying that you have to buy a new Switch, which is the only way to get a clean cert. Thanks for nothing :D

D

Deleted User

Might be true
I have an information too
I have banned my self from the Nintendo toolkit or sdk or whats its name last year but didn't went online but it still was saying that im banned even offline
Maybe you could reverse that and become online for a little time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Why some people of gbatemp community always attack @RetroGamer_74?

I speak Spanish and see his videos, I can trust that his videos isn't fake, is the unic spanish youtuber that full explain all concepts and demostrate in live all scene methods, isn't the first time that I see how people do negative critics against him (when he present the online lan play for example).

He build the online lan play too and mantain the servers, do his own investigations to contribute to switch scene like this poc.

It's a cert and token replacement on the fly through proxy server, and sorry for the haters, but the first person that access to N services with banned console.

Last edited by Chocola,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why some people of gbatemp community always attack @RetroGamer_74?

I speak Spanish and see his videos, I can trust that his videos isn't fake, is the unic spanish youtuber that full explain all concepts and demostrate in live all scene methods, isn't the first time that I see how people do negative critics against him (when he present the online lan play for example).

He build the online lan play too and mantain the servers, do his own investigations to contribute to switch scene like this poc.

It's a cert and token replacement on the fly through proxy server, and sorry for the haters, but the first person that access to N services with banned console.
It seemed like the general consensus shifted from it being fake to not being practical. Whatever got the switch banned would happen again also the added risk of the procedure.

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
It seemed like the general consensus shifted from it being fake to not being practical. Whatever got the switch banned would happen again also the added risk of the procedure.

Isn't practical, you need a unbanned cert to get a valid token for 24h, then the unbanned cert get banned when N check it, but it's the first PoC and first step to achieve the unban.

The other case when I see the people attacking him are because his online lan project aren't fully translated to English (now have full translate), I know that this are a English forum and it's the perfect language to spread to all countries, but it's very sad see how some people attack him and his projects for little things like this and without any test before.

I know that any project made by other people can be risky, it's fine suspect always on all, but I always see him trying to contribute to the scene how he can and helping people with their problems on his streamings and videos, he don't deserve it.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't practical, you need a unbanned cert to get a valid token for 24h, then the unbanned cert get banned when N check it, but it's the first PoC and first step to achieve the unban.

The other case when I see the people attacking him are because his online lan project aren't fully translated to English (now have full translate), I know that this are a English forum and it's the perfect language to spread to all countries, but it's very sad see how some people attack him and his projects for little things like this and without any test before.

I know that any project made by other people can be risky, it's fine suspect always on all, but I always see him trying to contribute to the scene how he can and helping people with their problems on his streamings and videos, he don't deserve it.

It sucks that the guy gets picked on for jerky stuff, i am not familiar with him. I think it's easy for people to be mean about these YouTube videos because they're usually made by people who screw stuff up with facts or say dumb claims or rumours. Now this guy you say doesnt make videos like that and actually does new things such as this unban and the lan play. But when you release in a certain style on YouTube people just seem prone to have intense discernment towards them.

Last edited by TheZander,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes we do the team work for this...
There will never be a way to unban a Switch. The only practical way involves getting an unbanned console and not only is no one nice enough to hand over their console's online capabilities but doing so requires too much effort to make it simply not worth doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work