1. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    The error in your screenshot is still not the 2124-4508 ban code he showed in the video.

So what exactly were you trying to demonstrate here, aside from stupidity?

Here, just for you, a screenshot of my own, from the video on the OP:
    switch.

2. TPMJB

TPMJB GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    I edited my post but I couldn't remove the screenshot. That's why I said "oops u rite."

Edit: Also, eat a dick

3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Nah, don't care

meohsix and TotalJustice like this.
  4. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    My bad, i missed the tiny edit note and it sounded more like a sardonic gotcha that way, with the intentional misspellings.

Also, i will.

5. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    jeez this guy is angry LOL. Just chill and stop that aptitue. People who get desperate for a comment in internet are the worst.

6. TPMJB

TPMJB GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    United States
    Syracuse, New York
    Ah, you have to open the full editor to delete the image.

Anyway, my bad too.

7. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    I was under the impression that tokens now get authenticated on hardware ID as well, so you can just cache a token blindly. But this also seems trivial for them to fix, and still requires an unbanned certificate to generate a token... which itself would end up a target for a ban.

You're not really unbanning, you're passing the buck until the cert is lost. And it depends on them not even further altering their token rules.

Last edited by V-Temp, Mar 15, 2019 at 5:34 PM
  8. Sumandora

Sumandora GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    Thats fake
    1. error code is different.
    2. Proxys could send a different Cert but this is encrypted and nobody know how he could translate it.
    3. This Program looks like a debugger like Fiddler.

9. machachu56

machachu56 Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Spain
    Hi Everyone, i was the guy who telled retro about the unban method. This was possible for months now... And its still possible but you're getting banned for sure. This method needs an unbanned certificate or a valid device_auth_token that dauth gives to you. Some months ago there was no problem using this method... But now Nintendo can detect this and ban your cert in the next ban wave. Yes, you can get unbanned by doing this method but not for a long time as this tokens are only valid for 24 hours since the creation of them. Don't do this, you will get banned.

WiraR46 likes this.
  10. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Well not calling it fake ... I've seen a lot of stuff be possible still with Nintendo's current OS etc.
    But I lack the Spanish skills.

In general het seems to be 'spoofing' the not burned cert on the banned console.
    Quite interesting though. But I think this is not a safe method to just start trying.

Still kudos for achieving the result!

11. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Fake video, though, as many people have pointed out, you can replace a banned cert with a unbanned cert ripped from another Switch if you have the right set of CFW patches. But Nintendo will easily be able to detect that and will quickly fix it the moment that said method goes public.

V-Temp likes this.
  12. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    I wouldn't call the video fake so much as the idea behind it isn't really tennable due to the changes on the tokens and that you're still needing valid certificates to use in a way that already resulted in you getting banned in the first place.

13. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 16, 2018
    United States
    The video is fake. You can't do enough of the process with a proxy (like Charles, etc) alone to get to the eShop. You need CFW patches, you need to be booting with valid, unbanned ProdInfo.

V-Temp likes this.
  14. natkoden

natkoden https://bit.ly/2UDJdns

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    Then fake is not the appropriate word here.

15. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    Hum. Okay I see what you mean here, you are correct! My apologies.

16. Jikkyou

Jikkyou Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Spain
    looks like what you said is fake

17. machachu56

machachu56 Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Spain
    This is not fake, if you don't want to believe it... Ok. But don't say its fake cause its not. There's something in charles called Client Certificates that you can use to Spoof the switch cert and there's a github page with an exefs_patch that disables ssl certificate validation. With that, you can intercept and (if you want to) use breakpoints to edit requests and responses at real time. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself...

PatrickD85 likes this.
  18. Jikkyou

Jikkyou Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Spain
    do you still think it is bait ? can I ask politely why?

19. machachu56

machachu56 Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Spain
    That's because he already configured the cert on the Charles Client Certificates tab.... He doesn't need to do anything more: Switch ----- Charles Proxy with a valid cert when connecting to dauth... ------ Nintendo Servers

20. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Dec 28, 2016
    Italy
    This is the start of something big. It all starts with an easy unban for 24 hours, then it evolves. Believe, people!