Switch unban?!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by matheusdefino, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jikkyou

Jikkyou Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Spain
    I know who's gonna start banning what he doesn't like....perales

2. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    Just saying, someone with 900 IQ already "unbanned" themselves in one of the Discords I'm in. So it's 100% possible, just not practical.

People shit on anyone and everyone when they do something new here.

Give the guy a fucking chance guys.

Last edited by Illuminaticy, Mar 16, 2019 at 1:24 AM - Reason: changed wording
    WiraR46 and MyconMama like this.
  3. Jikkyou

Jikkyou Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Spain
    just...don't panic

4. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Dec 28, 2016
    Italy
    Now that I think about it.. an unban is quite useless. Think about it: you get unbanned, but you can't play online straight away. Remember that Nintendo now has a paid service and even if you'll benefit from it there's a high chance you'll be banned again in the future.

Are we sure we need unbans? We got lan-play and xlink-kai to back us up and it feels more than enough to be honest :/

jorgesd likes this.
  5. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    It has been possible to do for a while, the issue is it still requires valid certificates to do and as such you're either (a.) stealing someone's certificate or (b.) bought another Switch or had another cert lying around.

Possible and practical aren't the same thing.

ELY_M likes this.
  6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    More like your @ss is fake.

7. D3fau4

D3fau4 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    Spain
    Madrid
    I dont know, maybe they have the fucking need to play fortnite with the switch when it's on all the fucking platforms

scionae likes this.
  8. Jikkyou

Jikkyou Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Spain
    it is real, and you're not getting it

9. systemconfigtoolcorrector

systemconfigtoolcorrector Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    You people are very late lmfao.
    Yes you can just swap a cert in Charles. >Client settings > add a non banned Nx_tls_cert pem (Don’t need to gen a token manually for the response)

However As of 6.0.0 Aqua gives a 403 denied because they can now detect MITM.
    And the Beach server knows the cert does not belong to the active console and sets it for an automatic ban. So there isn’t much to do here without swapping an entire Nand for “unbanningl

10. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States

Sounds a lot like swapping out keys on a banned Xbox 360 with unbanned keys to get a temporary unban for a console. If it like that then expect a quick a lucrative market on unbanned certs.

Though just like the 360 days why anyone would do such a thing only to burn a perfectly good cert is beyond me.

11. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Dec 28, 2016
    Italy
    But, as I stated, aren't switch unbans useless? What will you do when you get unbanned, spend money on Nintendo Online? Yeah because you didn't want to pay for games but now you pay for playing online when you're going to get banned again very soon... like, what?! (not talking to you, but in general of course)

12. MrAttraction

MrAttraction Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Stop using heavy drugs bro, they're bad for your brain

13. systemconfigtoolcorrector

systemconfigtoolcorrector Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    this is false, you don't need to boot with an unbanned prod info, simply cert swap in charles before cfw boot time. you uncultured swine

14. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 16, 2018
    United States
    I am aware of how Charles works. I am also aware that the Switch talks to Nintendo for authentication more frequently than every 24 hours + there are some local checks going on as well. A cert that does not match the cert the Switch was booted with will not get you online.
    You straight up admit in a previous post that I am correct:

"Yes you can just swap a cert in Charles. >Client settings > add a non banned Nx_tls_cert pem (Don’t need to gen a token manually for the response)

However As of 6.0.0 Aqua gives a 403 denied because they can now detect MITM.
    And the Beach server knows the cert does not belong to the active console and sets it for an automatic ban. So there isn’t much to do here without swapping an entire Nand for “unbanningl"

With the correct set of CFW patches, you can boot with a swapped ProdInfo and go online. Sending non-matching data up with Charles does not get you online.

Last edited by blahblah, Mar 15, 2019
  15. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Totally agree with you . Besides with a ban you are totally sure that your switch its not gonna update to the latest firmware .
    If you are unbanned and press the wrong button baaaaaaangg , your done

16. systemconfigtoolcorrector
    This message by systemconfigtoolcorrector has been removed from public view by x65943, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:37 AM, Reason: Unacceptable behavior.
    Mar 15, 2019
  17. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    This is useful to validate the NES Online emulator thing that plays old games that are supposedly offered for free but are tied to an app that needs to validate online and then you can play then or watch Youtube on the Switch or something worthless like that like those video apps that retarded people use because TV is only for Game of Thrones or Marvel trash downloaded from the internet illegally but NES Online validation seems to be the most useful part of this so go ahead and use it to play NES Online offline.

18. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    or to play all the f2p, don't forget the f2p dX

19. Creatable

Creatable GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    (insert wacky and amusing place here)
    I have not read the entirety of this thread because there's multiple people giving baseless assumptions or just debating, however as far as I can tell there are two 'unban methods' that are both impractical.

1. Charles
    Charles
    is a proxy that allows you to intercept data being sent on the network (MITM)
    With Charles you could theoretically intercept the requests being sent to Nintendo's servers for authentication and replace them with another cert. This method puts your replacement cert at a ban risk, and therefore is impractical.

2. On device cert interception / modification
    Incognito is a tool that allows you to do on-device PRODINFO manipulation to prevent bans or certstealing. With it, you can restore PRODINFOs. Theoretically, if you restore someone else's PRODINFO that is unbanned, you could use their cert.
    However, the Switch has an on-device measure to prevent you from booting / playing with someone else's cert, and therefore you will need signature patches for the cert, which are not released as of now as far as I can tell. This method puts your replacement cert at a ban risk, and therefore is impractical.

The issue with both of these is that it's essentially the same as using someone else's unbanned console and using homebrew on it. In fact, it's probably more detectable if Nintendo has something to tell the server that "THIS CERT DOES NOT MATCH AAAAA".
    I believe the guy in the video is using method 1.

Last edited by Creatable, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:06 AM
    jorgesd likes this.
  20. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Banned or not the switch still downloads the update. I’m banned and the 7.0 update downloaded, I deleted it and even though I’m banned, to prevent it from happening again, I just setup 90dns, since I don’t want to update my switch till a game may actually need it.

ELY_M likes this.
  21. Zerel

Zerel Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    Spanish user here! so what he's saying in short terms this video is:

1º He goes to eshop to show ban error.
    2º He puts the proxy and restarts. The theory he's using is when rebooted (using Sept Atmosphere) all the cert info get's straight to nintendo. On homescreen, that sniffer catch all the data sent from the switch to nintendo and re-send it with the a new unbanned cert injected.
    3º He goes to eshop for getting all data related to it like 2º but, as he has proxy connected, it just show a connection error.
    4º Finally, he disable proxy settings and go to eshop as normal and "it works".

i'm not sure about how it works because he isn't talking in-depth. but i suppose that even if you inject a new cert, when you reconnect to eshop you're sending again your original cert isn't it? even if you manage to inject a bypass, they will know it and ban that unbanned cert anyway.

i think ppl just need to get clear that when you modify your switch, you lose all the internet related content. That's the price you get for playing vidyagaems for free. Just deal with it or play retail switch without modifications

even with that you can just choose "YES" on install ignoring firmware version. i don't think that anyone need to update unless it means more customization options on horizon (like original themes instead injected ones) or they fix some really bad error they found that makes your switch slower/can brick it

Last edited by Zerel, Mar 16, 2019 at 5:12 AM