• Replies 770
  • Likes 32

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Cool stuff, just the thing I was looking for for a little higher MEM speed.
Thank you!

Do you plan to make a .nro as well or will it stay Overlay only?
I love the .nro from sys-clk for configuring each game beforehand but of course it's not 'that' necessary.
(Sorry if already answered!)
if you mean sys-clk manager homebrew:
sorry no support for nro. only overlay.

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: Kakore

Insan1ty_0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets talk about MEM clocks on Erista and Mariko. For Tears of the Kingdom, all the hardware tests show if you are docked, increasing the MEM clock to 1862 is all you need to get a locked 30FPS anywhere in the game.

How was it determined that 1862 and 1996 were the max "safe" MEM clocks for either board version? 2131 is the "max" MEM frequency for Erista / Mariko. What are the risks of running this speed if you aren't overclocking CPU or GPU?

Power consumption shouldn't be a concern as MEM barely requires any, so what is the risk other than "accelerated silicon degradation"? Are the memory modules themselves not stable at that speed or is it the internal voltage controllers on the MEM chips that can't handle it?

Anyone have first-hand knowledge or experience on this?

Last edited by Insan1ty_0ne,

none123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having black screen while trying to boot after I copy the loader.kip to the sd.
kinda new on this. its the unpatched v1 switch. on 16.0.2 / 1.5.2. any help would be very much appreciated

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
im having black screen while trying to boot after I copy the loader.kip to the sd.
kinda new on this. its the unpatched v1 switch. on 16.0.2 / 1.5.2. any help would be very much appreciated
latest is for ams 1.5.3. if you are on 1.5.2, download older version for 1.5.2
Post automatically merged:

Lets talk about MEM clocks on Erista and Mariko. For Tears of the Kingdom, all the hardware tests show if you are docked, increasing the MEM clock to 1862 is all you need to get a locked 30FPS anywhere in the game.

How was it determined that 1862 and 1996 were the max "safe" MEM clocks for either board version? 2131 is the "max" MEM frequency for Erista / Mariko. What are the risks of running this speed if you aren't overclocking CPU or GPU?

Power consumption shouldn't be a concern as MEM barely requires any, so what is the risk other than "accelerated silicon degradation"? Are the memory modules themselves not stable at that speed or is it the internal voltage controllers on the MEM chips that can't handle it?

i think kazushi arbitrarily decided because those are clocks that doesn't need overvolt and works for most consoles?

you can go higher if your ram withstands. for me I can go 2131 without timing adjustment and without overvolt

Last edited by meha,

TeleTubby666

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The risk is a possible alteration of bits in the overclocked RAM. Therefore in the worst case your file system can be damaged. That’s why using it on sysNAND is highly not recommended

Last edited by TeleTubby666,

Insan1ty_0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest is for ams 1.5.3. if you are on 1.5.2, download older version for 1.5.2

i think kazushi arbitrarily decided because those are clocks that doesn't need overvolt and works for most consoles?

you can go higher if your ram withstands. for me I can go 2131 without timing adjustment and without overvolt
This is what I was thinking. I think I will attempt to go higher on my Erista and see what happens.

The risk is a possible alteration of bits in the overclocked RAM. Therefore in the worst case your file system can be damaged. That’s why using it on sysNAND is highly not recommended
This is no different than the risks of overclocking the RAM in your gaming PC. It could error and you could lose data, but the risk is extremely low. You would be much more likely to notice crashes and instability in games before any actual data corruption from RAM overclocking.

zarke661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is a consumption of 6w - 7w with overclocked ram 1996.2 in handheld mode during zelda tok reasonable?
Why does overclocking ram reduce stress on cpu and gpu?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is a consumption of 6w - 7w with overclocked ram 1996.2 in handheld mode during zelda tok reasonable?
Why does overclocking ram reduce stress on cpu and gpu?
if the cpu and gpu can process the things in memory, they don't need to work as hard.

Reactions: khuong

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I keep seeing people posting about wattage consumption, what should I look out for and what is safe in any given situation?

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep seeing people posting about wattage consumption, what should I look out for and what is safe in any given situation?
If you have a switch lite, stay away from 12W since that is the max for the board.
If you have any other model, 18W is the limit.
Docked its more tricky, but you'll know if its over that limit if it starts drawing power from the battery.

Reactions: jnl1

Heavenseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replacing kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip makes all my retroarch /game forwarders not work that and it makes tinfoil not work...but when i take it out everthing works any way around this ?

Last edited by Heavenseyes,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
replacing kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip makes all my retroarch /game forwarders not work that and it makes tinfoil not work...but when i take it out everthing works any way around this ?
ams version and does it happen also happen with legacy build?
I think i might have messed up something in latest build because users are experiencing various problems. (which i don't have in my console is strange. I might have missed something)
sorry about that. I will investigate.
Please let me know if same problem exist in legacy build so I could fix the problem

Tom8823

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I put kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip in my hekate ini file I get black screen when trying to boot CFW. Only when I remove the line I can boot the console.

Here is my file:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1

[CFW (SYSMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
When I put kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip in my hekate ini file I get black screen when trying to boot CFW. Only when I remove the line I can boot the console.

Here is my file:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1

[CFW (SYSMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}
on AMS 1.5.3 and 16.0.3?

Heavenseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ams version and does it happen also happen with legacy build?
I think i might have messed up something in latest build because users are experiencing various problems. (which i don't have in my console is strange. I might have missed something)
sorry about that. I will investigate.
Please let me know if same problem exist in legacy build so I could fix the problem
I fixed it took me a min haha omg I'm cry with joy 😂 it was my mistake I totally replace kip1patch=nosigchk with kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip instead of just adding kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip to the line wow....
btw legacy build works great but should inform people to change the name back to loader.kip before putting it in the kip file...

any way to get CPU higher then 921MHz and mem up to 19000mhz ?

Last edited by Heavenseyes,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I fixed it took me a min haha omg I'm cry with joy 😂 it was my mistake I totally replace kip1patch=nosigchk with kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip instead of just adding kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip to the line wow....
btw legacy build works great but should inform people to change the name back to loader.kip before putting it in the kip file...

any way to get CPU higher then 921MHz and mem up to 19000mhz ?
legacy build is there because various users said that they have problems (which mostly turned out to be that they are using 1.5.3 build on 1.5.2, but still not 100% sure. use legacy if latest build does not work on 1.5.3)

assuming you are on erista, gpu 998 doesn't have difference in performance than 921, so max is 921. for memory, use configurator to raise mem clock, but you would probably need to raise voltage in order to do that

Last edited by meha,

Heavenseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
legacy build is there because various users said that they have problems (which mostly turned out to be that they are using 1.5.3 build on 1.5.2, but still not 100% sure. use legacy if latest build does not work on 1.5.3)

assuming you are on erista, gpu 998 doesn't have difference in performance than 921, so max is 921. for memory, use configurator to raise mem clock, but you would probably need to raise voltage in order to do that
yes I'm on erista 1.5.3 and for the life of me I couldn't get this to work for 3 hrs. till u made the new legacy build so thank you so much <3 I'm getting the new Zelda oled with the picofly chip Wednesday is there a build for the oled ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh