Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the Nintendo folder? I see that there is also an emuMMC/Nintendo folder.

If I create a new emuNAND, wouldn't it create the emuMMC folder? Trying to understand the need for backing up the emuMMC folder.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the Nintendo folder? I see that there is also an emuMMC/Nintendo folder.

If I create a new emuNAND, wouldn't it create the emuMMC folder? Trying to understand the need for backing up the emuMMC folder.
Emummc folder has things like your screenshots and downloaded game content on SDCard. They are under the Nintendo folder. The regular Nintendo folder is the same thing but for Sysnand.

e:

“First folder is for pics and videos, second is where any downloaded content is stored, and the third contains the keys that link your sd to that specific switch.”

I think I understand better what you are trying to do…you will be leaving the rest of the data where it stands.

If you are just going to recreate a new Emunand then copying the emummc folder and the hidden partition will suffice.

Reactions: raphzthename

meccs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any suggestions on how to get rid of the 2155-8007 error when I start Shovel Knight Dig for example?

I unlinked accounts via Linkalho but some games like Shovel Knight require you to have a linked account. When I relink it with Linkalho I get the error 2155-8007 again. Is there no way to have a linked account and get rid of this error message?
I know the game still works after this message but I would still prefer to not have it pop up.

People keep telling me I should have disabled NSO Cloud backups before installing CFW but I wasn't even subscribed to NSO when I hacked the Switch.

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Any suggestions on how to get rid of the 2155-8007 error when I start Shovel Knight Dig for example?

I unlinked accounts via Linkalho but some games like Shovel Knight require you to have a linked account. When I relink it with Linkalho I get the error 2155-8007 again. Is there no way to have a linked account and get rid of this error message?
I know the game still works after this message but I would still prefer to not have it pop up.

People keep telling me I should have disabled NSO Cloud backups before installing CFW but I wasn't even subscribed to NSO when I hacked the Switch.
This is my way to solve this issues:
  1. Update FW, Hekate, Atmosphere to latest
  2. Update Signpatched to latest
  3. Set up Exosphere / DNS MITM
  4. Connect wifi and launching game
In the first time, it's still show 2155-8007 error. But after that, it's gone forever

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody.

MI would like to overlock my Nintendo Switch with Atmosphere "permanently" so that I can play games on sysNAND better.
Is that possible? If so, how? Do I risk to get banned?

Kind regards

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody.

MI would like to overlock my Nintendo Switch with Atmosphere "permanently" so that I can play games on sysNAND better.
Is that possible? If so, how? Do I risk to get banned?

Kind regards
There is always a risk of getting banned when using CFW and/or homebrew. Overclock at your own risk.

Reactions: SylverReZ

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I am still on SX OS, and if I am not wrong, that has been obsolete for awhile now.

Is there anything specific I should watch out for if I am looking to switching to a new CFW? Will saves be affected? My OS is so old I doubt I can play most games at this point but I have a long flight coming up and might want to have it playable.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am still on SX OS, and if I am not wrong, that has been obsolete for awhile now.

Is there anything specific I should watch out for if I am looking to switching to a new CFW? Will saves be affected?
You can back up your saves with JKSV. You might need to use SXSaveManager on SXOS.
My OS is so old I doubt I can play most games at this point but I have a long flight coming up and might want to have it playable.
Check this out:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Has a section on how to migrate to Atmosphere.

Reactions: 2Hack

EdogawaKonan

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi, i just updated my ofw to the latest version through official method, after that, my switch lite wont boot into hekate, instead it boot straight into ofw. everything on my sd card is still there, didnt lose anything, it just wont boot to hekate anymore. I have a switch lite with a hwfly chip, i can see trough sd slot that chip is lighting purple. I tried update athomsphere to latest and hekate to latest, but still wont boot hekate straight into OFW, Please help :(

Last edited by EdogawaKonan,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i just updated my ofw to the latest version through official method, after that, my switch lite wont boot into hekate, instead it boot straight into ofw. everything on my sd card is still there, didnt lose anything, it just wont boot to hekate anymore. I have a switch lite with a hwfly chip, i can see trough sd slot that chip is lighting purple. I tried update athomsphere to latest and hekate to latest, but still wont boot hekate straight into OFW, Please help :(

Solid purple? If so it doesn’t have anything to do with your upgrade. Your HWFLY chip is having issues glitching and your switch is booting as if it is not chipped.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-oled-hwfly-mod-chip-light-staying-purple.619556/

please confirm if those are your symptoms.

EdogawaKonan

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
This issue happens right after I update the OFW,before was working perfectly, so its a hardware issue? I can barely see through from the sd card slot, but it seems like its purple light. if its in that case, how do i solve it? :( it's kind of weird that updating ofw will damage the chip.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This issue happens right after I update the OFW,before was working perfectly, so its a hardware issue? I can barely see through from the sd card slot, but it seems like its purple light. if its in that case, how do i solve it? :( it's kind of weird that updating ofw will damage the chip.
Updating the files on your SD card had absolutely nothing to do with the modchip soldered to your motherboard.
Correlation does not imply causation.
You will need to reflow your chip to reestablish the solder joints that might have come loose. You might want to take it back to your installer. If not you can take it to a local electronics/cellphone repair shop. Once the electrical connections are back in working order you will need to retrain your chip. After that, you should be back in business.

MelissaBunnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all again hope your doing well and all <3

Last time was here managed to get my v1 switch to 14.0.0 but seem to have forgotten how to update on the modded side of it since not played with it for few months, as well almost forgot how to get the thing booted up to for emmude since been so long would some one kindly refresh my memory on how to do it all again? got to files for the 15.0.0 or was it 15.0.1 where they should be i think need to be?

and sadly not really played modded at all since really can't remember what it was for any more sadly ><: the last thing i installed was retro arch on it ugh ><:

thanks again <3

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all again hope your doing well and all <3

Last time was here managed to get my v1 switch to 14.0.0 but seem to have forgotten how to update on the modded side of it since not played with it for few months, as well almost forgot how to get the thing booted up to for emmude since been so long would some one kindly refresh my memory on how to do it all again? got to files for the 15.0.0 or was it 15.0.1 where they should be i think need to be?

and sadly not really played modded at all since really can't remember what it was for any more sadly ><: the last thing i installed was retro arch on it ugh ><:

thanks again <3
Just going through https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy should be good enough to get you back on track.

Reactions: binkinator

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello good weekend i have a problem with my 2017 nintendo switch that does not launch to the games menu i use it just to do hekate by mistake i deleted the file PRF2SAFE.RCV i can do to get it back
What on earth is the "games menu"? Do you mean the Home screen?
Hi,

So Pokemon Scarlet was recently leaked and I installed it on my emuNAND. Next week I'll be buying the game cartridge, and I'm considering transfering my EmuNAND savefile to SysNAND so that I can continue where I left on my OFW.

Could I get my switch banned for doing this? I've heard many people doing this for PSw/Sh mentioning the only thing worth worrying is using ilegal modified pokemon in online battles. But since my savefile doesn't have any modified data, how risky do you think this is?

Could nintendo check my game ID or something, and compare it to others who downloaded the game from the same source I did?
There is always a risk of being banned when it comes to using CFW and/or homebrew. In this case, Nintendo will be checking to see if you used a homebrew app to move the save data which can induce a ban.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i changed card, didn't copy anything just installed new atmosphere and everything on the card tried to install hollow knight (i accidently deleted ticket of it). It successfully installed and also other game - re4. These games show eternal load in menu, trying to launch - 2123-0011 error. HOWEVER, i successfully installed mario all stars and it works! after changing the card there were shortcuts of games - deleted all of them except mario. i think that's the problem. What should i do?

Sounds like you might have missed a step. go through this guide and double check your work:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Snowii123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
hey guys, I`ve picked up my unpatched Switch (v1, FW11.0.1 with atmo version from that time all setup using hekate) after a long time and I have updated the apps in hbstore and installed a few new which lead to a "Panic occurred while running Atmosphere" during the next boot. Based on some googling I proceeded by deleting the content folder on my sd card and now when I try to boot I just get the atmo boot screens and eventually only black screen. Any idea what that is?

I was planning to update the whole thing to the current FW+atmo and apparently there has been some changes (fusee_primary replaced by fusee...), is there any good guide to follow for the upgrade or do I need to start from the scratch, update the original FW in the console and go the usual way of creating emunand etc.?

thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7