Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
if your tinfoil has been broken for that long, you probably just need sigpatches/nosigchk running it on sysnand. its only had issues on fw15 and that was only for a few days, its running perfect now.
Post automatically merged:
uhm, how do i fix sigpatches? or how do i fix tinfoil?
im sorry im not familiar with the terms, sigpatches and sysnand..
just tell me what to do, dwonload, copy paste and everything,

If you click on the link, it will show you all of its features which include installing from USB, HDD, or the Internet.
it ask "http://" what should i put? or google drive? i dont know this

Last edited by prof72,

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure where you are, but brand new? I would be walking out with another brand new sealed box by end of day today…
So... been in the mall today and handed back over the brand new OLED, and yep I was right: Sir, you can't have it replaced outright yadidadidah... so we're gonna have to send into our techs and check 'em, 1 to 2 weeks depending on how busy they are. Sign in here and give us your number, we'll make sure to call you and our tech department number is here. You can check on them on the status of your item. Seven days my ass...

Same old, same shit...

Yep, just wanna let you know. :D

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... been in the mall today and handed back over the brand new OLED, and yep I was right: Sir, you can't have it replaced outright yadidadidah... so we're gonna have to send into our techs and check 'em, 1 to 2 weeks depending on how busy they are. Sign in here and give us your number, we'll make sure to call you and our tech department number is here. You can check on them on the status of your item. Seven days my ass...

Same old, same shit...

Yep, just wanna let you know. :D

Time to move!

Sorry it’s like that, man.

Reactions: MrLeche

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I have a Switch that has been sitting around doing nothing since around the down fall of SX OS because I updated to far and updated my NAND like a dumbass.

I have since taken it out of autoRCM so that it can atleast be turned on, what are my options for rehacking this thing or am I hosed?

Deletr753

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to ask if is safe to update to the new firmware on the switch. I'm using Atmosphère and I have the sigpatch-donwloader.

Thank you

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have a Switch that has been sitting around doing nothing since around the down fall of SX OS because I updated to far and updated my NAND like a dumbass.

I have since taken it out of autoRCM so that it can atleast be turned on, what are my options for rehacking this thing or am I hosed?

Dive in here to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere.

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

(specifically this one.https://rentry.org/mys8q , but you should start reading from the top to refamiliarize yourself with things)

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to ask if is safe to update to the new firmware on the switch. I'm using Atmosphère and I have the sigpatch-donwloader.

Thank you
There are some homebrew and system modules that are being worked on still, but games (including Sigpatches) are all working on FW 15.0.0 | Atmos 1.4.0 | Hakate 5.9.0

That said, if you’re just playing games, there are no games out that require 15.0.0 yet so there is no rush to move. Unless you run into issues, why create an issue for yourself? :-)

Deletr753

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala

(specifically this one.https://rentry.org/mys8q , but you should start reading from the top to refamiliarize yourself with things)

There are some homebrew and system modules that are being worked on still, but games (including Sigpatches) are all working on FW 15.0.0 | Atmos 1.4.0 | Hakate 5.9.0

That said, if you’re just playing games, there are no games out that require 15.0.0 yet so there is no rush to move. Unless you run into issues, why create an issue for yourself? :-)
I just wanted to make sure all my games work so I will wait to update my firmware. Thank you

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Much appreciated, this worked a treat, so If I am going to update to 1.4 at this point do I still use ChoiDujourNX or something else?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much appreciated, this worked a treat, so If I am going to update to 1.4 at this point do I still use ChoiDujourNX or something else?

Moving forward you can use this page (same site) to upgrade.

https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

(Use daybreak.nro instead of Choi moving forward)
If you look for that Darth Sternie guy's site you should be able to find firmware instead of having to dump it yourself..

Tonight i wanted to update both atmosphere and sigpatches, i use the sx pro dongle to load, but apparently replacing the files made a mess on the files because i won't load
and trying to tinker with the files made things apparenlty worse, trying to rename the fusee.bin to payload, to boot.dat, it just won't work, i can go back the ofw but i just can't seem to boot again.
i'm on the lattest firmware, i hope i can get some help on this.

Run through this to fix your Atmosphere install

You mention a dongle and a previous version of Atmos, I'm assuming you're on emunand so you probably want this section:

https://rentry.org/mys8q

In the future you will only need this section:

https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

(There is another section if you are on Sysnand.)

Last edited by binkinator,

toribatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install my Persona 5 Royal onto my switch via goldleaf and I keep getting the message
"key generation mismatch (console's firmware is too low)"
I understand I need to update the keys but can't find a tutorial showing me how.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install my Persona 5 Royal onto my switch via goldleaf and I keep getting the message
"key generation mismatch (console's firmware is too low)"
I understand I need to update the keys but can't find a tutorial showing me how.
That's because you're not supposed to update your keys but your firmware (its implied within the message in the parenthesis). New keys are only installed in newer firmware versions; you don't "install" the keys by themselves. Also, Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer. I recommend upgrading to a better one such as TinWoo Installer.

toribatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because you're not supposed to update your keys but your firmware (its implied within the message in the parenthesis). New keys are only installed in newer firmware versions; you don't "install" the keys by themselves. Also, Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer. I recommend upgrading to a better one such as Tinwoo Installer.
AHHH I see. Thing is i've updated the firmware on my switch, opened up Lockpick_RCM and dumped the keys, and then tried installing with tinfoil and DBI. Both times the game showed up as a blank image. I feel like I'm missing a ton of steps

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHHH I see. Thing is i've updated the firmware on my switch, opened up Lockpick_RCM and dumped the keys, and then tried installing with tinfoil and DBI. Both times the game showed up as a blank image. I feel like I'm missing a ton of steps
Try using the installer I linked instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues. Also, what firmware did you update to?

toribatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the installer I linked instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues. Also, what firmware did you update to?
on my stock firmware im running 15.0.0 right now. On CFW im on 13.2.1|AMS 1.2.6|E. I'm thinking i gotta update the atmosphere firmware but have no idea which direction to turn to

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my stock firmware im running 15.0.0 right now. On CFW im on 13.2.1|AMS 1.2.6|E. I'm thinking i gotta update the atmosphere firmware but have no idea which direction to turn to
Updating Atmosphere is simple. Just delete the old CFW files/folders then put the new ones on the SD card. But it seems like you will also have to update your firmware. To do that, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere. Usage is pretty self-explanatory except for the part where you have to download the files for the firmware you wish to update to. That task is left to the user to find and since they are copyrighted materials, I cannot help you but rest assured, they are readily available on the Internet.

toribatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating Atmosphere is simple. Just delete the old CFW files/folders then put the new ones on the SD card. But it seems like you will also have to update your firmware. To do that, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere. Usage is pretty self-explanatory except for the part where you have to download the files for the firmware you wish to update to. That task is left to the user to find and since they are copyrighted materials, I cannot help you but rest assured, they are readily available on the Internet.
So I've dumped the 15.0.0 firmware to my SD card, updated via daybreak after putting the new updates of both atmosphere and hekate on my switch. after installing via daybreak I hit reboot and now I'm seeing error code 2162-0002 via atmosphere

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've dumped the 15.0.0 firmware to my SD card, updated via daybreak after putting the new updates of both atmosphere and hekate on my switch. after installing via daybreak I hit reboot and now I'm seeing error code 2162-0002 via atmosphere
What is the program ID associated with the error code?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries