Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey guys
I'm back in the switch hacking scene after about half a year of abscene, and after upgrading to FW 13.2.1 and CFW to 1.3.2 for a new game I want to play, I get an error in Hekate in red text saying "Failed to apply nosigchk" and some of my games refuse to boot.

The problem is that I have already tried updating my sigpatches, first using the newest patches from https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ and since that didnt work, I tried https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/tag/13.2.1-1.2.6.

Neither of these changed the situation and certain games still refuse to boot and I don't know what to try now. I have tried re-installing one of the games that won't boot and it did not help either.

Extra background info: I stopped using my hacked EmuNand half a year ago when it stopped working (Atmosphere would crash upon boot) and I was going to switch to my SysNand anyway and wasn't planning on switching back for a long time.

I have since managed to get it working again, but then noticed that certain games had stopped working ( this was BEFORE FW upgrade). I tried copying over a fresh batch of sigpatches but it didn't work. Since I was going to upgrade to 13.2.1 anyway, i decided to try again after the update and here we are.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys
I'm back in the switch hacking scene after about half a year of abscene, and after upgrading to FW 13.2.1 and CFW to 1.3.2 for a new game I want to play, I get an error in Hekate in red text saying "Failed to apply nosigchk" and some of my games refuse to boot.

The problem is that I have already tried updating my sigpatches, first using the newest patches from https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ and since that didnt work, I tried https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/tag/13.2.1-1.2.6.

Neither of these changed the situation and certain games still refuse to boot and I don't know what to try now. I have tried re-installing one of the games that won't boot and it did not help either.

Extra background info: I stopped using my hacked EmuNand half a year ago when it stopped working (Atmosphere would crash upon boot) and I was going to switch to my SysNand anyway and wasn't planning on switching back for a long time.

I have since managed to get it working again, but then noticed that certain games had stopped working ( this was BEFORE FW upgrade). I tried copying over a fresh batch of sigpatches but it didn't work. Since I was going to upgrade to 13.2.1 anyway, i decided to try again after the update and here we are.

Just be safe, make a copy of your /atmosphere and /bootloader directories. Name them /atmosphere.bk and /bootloader.bk so they don’t get overwritten while we test a few things.

Run through this and see if you missed anything (like downloading a new fusee.bin). Might as well get FW 14.1.1 to go with your Atmos 1.3.2 and Hekate 5.7.2 While you’re at it. If you are injecting…you might want to update that as well.

Let Us know if that doesn’t fix things for you.

Dutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How did you take that screenshot? What were you using to view them? Apologies…I’m still trying to visualize what’s even going on. Never seen such a thing so have nothing to go on at the moment.
I used Goldleaf to dump the downloaded update then viewed it with ftp on my pc where i took the screenshot.
As you can see the "export Pending" option i posted in my first post.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Just be safe, make a copy of your /atmosphere and /bootloader directories. Name them /atmosphere.bk and /bootloader.bk so they don’t get overwritten while we test a few things.

Run through this and see if you missed anything (like downloading a new fusee.bin). Might as well get FW 14.1.1 to go with your Atmos 1.3.2 and Hekate 5.7.2 While you’re at it. If you are injecting…you might want to update that as well.

Let Us know if that doesn’t fix things for you.

Okay, so i followed pretty much the whole guide and...damn...That fixed most of the games that didn't boot, but broke atleast 3 games that worked before:wtf:

Only thing I did not do (yet) was update to FW 14.1.1. I usually only update to the minimum FW that I need to run my games, and in this case, a couple of versions above, incase of game updates, in case of possible Issues between newest FW and Atmosphere aswell as incompatible HomeBrew.

I could try updating to the newest Horizon FW aswell if you think that might help, though I'd rather avoid it if I can.

Is Sept completely unnccesary at this point? I still had this in the root of my SD card until i followed the guide.

EDIT: Forgot to say that it's already pretty late here and I'm gonna have to continue this later. Thanks for the help so far, I hope we can get the rest working, hopefully going back to my orginal setup.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i followed pretty much the whole guide and...damn...That fixed most of the games that didn't boot, but broke atleast 3 games that worked before:wtf:
Well crap...that's great...and awful. It still feel's like patches.
That guide would have had you go to the iTotalJustice patches. If you did that, try using these:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)
Only thing I did not do (yet) was update to FW 14.1.1. I usually only update to the minimum FW that I need to run my games, and in this case, a couple of versions above, incase of game updates, in case of possible Issues between newest FW and Atmosphere aswell as incompatible HomeBrew.
I keep a list of homebrew I use in my sig. I think the last round there were issues with mission control, fizeau and the loss of decimal place accuracy for temperature. All have since been patched up though so unless you have some esoteric piece of software things are pretty friggen stable in the Switch scene right now.
I could try updating to the newest Horizon FW aswell if you think that might help, though I'd rather avoid it if I can.
I hear you but I also think the mixing and matching might be causing your issue. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot something if we're all on latest everything.
Is Sept completely unnccesary at this point? I still had this in the root of my SD card until i followed the guide.
Yes, Sept was deprecated. Here's the release note announcement when it was removed from the repot.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.20.0

Fusee-primary/secondary are gone...now there's only Fusee.bin and package3. Boot times were greatly reduced and of course stability continues to be enjoyed by all.
EDIT: Forgot to say that it's already pretty late here and I'm gonna have to continue this later. Thanks for the help so far, I hope we can get the rest working, hopefully going back to my orginal setup.
No worries. I need to go touch some grass myself.

Buszu92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you recently upgrade your Firmware and/or Atmosphere?

Please go through this and see if you missed anything:

https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

I'm thinking you didn't update fusee.bin...

If that doesn't work then please post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file here.
I checked everything and the software is up to date but I still can't install tinfoil. It is possible that the problem is as you say in the hekate_ipl.ini file because I never touched it. Still, I don't know what to do next. I'm using hwfly core. Thanks for your help so far.

I copied and pasted the contents of this file into .txt due to limitations of this forum

Attachments

• hekate_ipl.txt
    503 bytes · Views: 29

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked everything and the software is up to date but I still can't install tinfoil. It is possible that the problem is as you say in the hekate_ipl.ini file because I never touched it. Still, I don't know what to do next. I'm using hwfly core. Thanks for your help so far.

I copied and pasted the contents of this file into .txt due to limitations of this forum
Have you tried booting up that last [Fusee] from Hekate? Let’s see if that works any better.

johtto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am having an issue launching Pokemon Brilliant Diamond on Switch. I installed the game as normal using Goldleaf and the game was working fine. I later installed a patch (v1.3.0) but decided to roll it back. To roll it back, I uninstalled the game then reinstalled my original base version, then using DBI I cleared the update requirement. Now, when the game launches I get the Nintendo splash screen then a black screen. Any ideas on where to start?

EDIT: It's worth noting that I have other games that were installed the same way that are still working fine, it's just Pokemon BD that is doing this. I've found some similar reports in this thread by other users for the same game, I will try some of those suggestions now

EDIT 2: Per previous suggestions, I took a backup of my save file with JKSV then deleted it and the game started working again. So, it seems like something with the save file got corrupted OR required a specific game version to work. Restoring the backup causes the same black screen error.

EDIT 3: Using "PKHeX", I compared my save backup from v1.3.0 to a new save I made with my base version (v1.1.3). I was able to edit the "SaveRevision" property of my save backup from "52" to "44", which caused the "SaveRevisionString" property to change from "1.3.0" to "1.1.0". Restoring this backup fixes the black screen issue so the game loads, but now the game complains that the save data is corrupted. Still digging...

Last edited by johtto,
Reactions: binkinator

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello everyone, I upgraded my SD card from 128GB to 400GB and I did not follow any tutorial for new SD card, I just followed this: https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND and did it to the new SD card. CFW launched well and then I just removed the SD card from the Switch, plugged it into the PC and copied all the files from the old SD card. I know games are in emuMMC - RAW1 - Nintendo - Contents - registered so I double checked that folder and the games are there but when I launch the atmosphere with the new SD card there are no games on dashboard and when I do it with my old SD card games are still there, what am I doing wrong?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I upgraded my SD card from 128GB to 400GB and I did not follow any tutorial for new SD card, I just followed this: https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND and did it to the new SD card. CFW launched well and then I just removed the SD card from the Switch, plugged it into the PC and copied all the files from the old SD card. I know games are in emuMMC - RAW1 - Nintendo - Contents - registered so I double checked that folder and the games are there but when I launch the atmosphere with the new SD card there are no games on dashboard and when I do it with my old SD card games are still there, what am I doing wrong?
Please post the contents of your /emuMMC/emummc.ini files…from both SDCards.

e: I just want to see empirically if you did both emunands the same way (files/partition) and we can come up with a plan to copy the old one to the new card.

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Please post the contents of your /emuMMC/emummc.ini files…from both SDCards.

e: I just want to see empirically if you did both emunands the same way (files/partition) and we can come up with a plan to copy the old one to the new card.

Hey mate,

New one:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2a358000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Old one:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0xb3e0000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152

Just for the test, I installed a new game on my new SD card and it is in the same directory (emuMMC - RAW1 - Nintendo - Contents - registered) where all my old games from the old SD card are.

I thought about just following this guide: https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard#nxnandmanager - not sure if that could do it.

Last edited by Switchoslav,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey mate,

New one:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2a358000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152

Old one:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0xb3e0000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152

Just for the test, I installed a new game on my new SD card and it is in the same directory (emuMMC - RAW1 - Nintendo - Contents - registered) where all my old games from the old SD card are.

I thought about just following this guide: https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard#nxnandmanager - not sure if that could do it.

As expected. You’ll need to transfer the info that’s not on your FAT32 partition. NXNandManager is in fact a Highly recommended way to do it.

e: If you had game saves you want to transfer then simply boot up your old one and use JKSV to export all. Do the same thing on your new one but this time import the data you exported from your old one.

Last edited by binkinator,

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
As expected. You’ll need to transfer the info that’s not on your FAT32 partition. NXNandManager is in fact a Highly recommended way to do it.

e: If you had game saves you want to transfer then simply boot up your old one and use JKSV to export all. Do the same thing on your new one but this time import the data you exported from your old one.

Okay, thanks, I'll try it.

This got me thinking, why I don't just use file based emunand? It supposed to be slower but slower where? Would you recommend file or partition based emunand?

Also, you said "as expected", how did you know that something was wrong, because of the sector part?

Edit: I did it with NXNandManager but now it says A fatal error occurred when running fusee. Invalid GPT signature.

Last edited by Switchoslav,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks, I'll try it.

This got me thinking, why I don't just use file based emunand? It supposed to be slower but slower where? Would you recommend file or partition based emunand?
It puts your emunand at the mercy of an active file system and any corruption that might bring. Easy to back up files is the counter to that. I recommend partition but you’re a big boy and can make your own choice.
Also, you said "as expected", how did you know that something was wrong, because of the sector part?
just because of what you said you were recently doing that would be a natural thing to go sideways.
Edit: I did it with NXNandManager but now it says A fatal error occurred when running fusee. Invalid GPT signature.
jump into Hekate -> Tools -> Partition SD Card -> OK and then click on Fix Hybrid MBR

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Nintendo could read the sd card to check if there is hack files inside?
Who said they could do that? And who said that is even a reliable way of banning people? What do you think would happen if a user with a non-hacked console just so happens to use an SD card full of homebrew? You really think Nintendo will ban them because they have the files on their SD card? It would lead to so many false positives and probably lawsuits. You need more than just the files on your SD card to hack the console anyways.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it and I have the games now but when I try to launch them it says "The software data is not downloaded. It will be downloaded now."
Yuck man.

e: on your new card move your /emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo folder to /emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo.bk and then copy the /emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo from your old card to your new card. That should get you there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think