Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you use Hekate, you're editing the wrong file. Stratosphere is only needed for disabling nogc if you're booting Atmosphere with Fusee. Because you're using Hekate, you have to modify the nogc settings from within Hekate itself.

Okay, which file to I edit and what should it say for things to work?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys Does anyone know what this 14.1.17 Update is all about.
View attachment 312318
Haven’t seen or heard of this one. Not sure how you got there from here. It’s safe to just delete this update. You should try to remember anything you were doing that might have prompted this.

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I should've asked this years ago, but is it possible to update games with the latest patches on a hacked switch via legal means? I heard there was a way to update locally using another, non-hacked switch with the update you need, but do the systems need to have the same firmware, and do you need to be connected to the internet in any way(my hacked switch is always in airplane mode)

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, Im using retroarch and im starting to enjoy this.

what other consoles can i load?

i already have:
Gameboy Advanced
Mega Drive - Genesis
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Playstation (1)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System

------------------------------------------------------------
can i load wii? ps2? 3ds?

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I lost my previous mircoSD, I had the .ini file modified so I could both dump and play switch games from carts I physically owned(most for Legends Arceus so I could trade with myself without buying two copies). I looked at the posts from back then, and it says "add kip1patch=nosigcheck right under your kip1=atmosphere/kips/* lines in order to bypass sigchecks", but the contents of my file are different this time around:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=0
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Im using retroarch and im starting to enjoy this.

what other consoles can i load?

i already have:
Gameboy Advanced
Mega Drive - Genesis
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Playstation (1)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System

------------------------------------------------------------
can i load wii? ps2? 3ds?
Here’s what other folks are using:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emulators-running-on-nintendo-switch.608823/

As for Wii, ps2 and 3ds, those systems require much more horsepower than what we have in our Switches in order to run.

update: see this comment about 3ds working (hit or miss w/ some games) on switch.

Here's another good resource for what we have working on Switch:

https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Switch

Last edited by binkinator,

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here’s what other folks are using:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emulators-running-on-nintendo-switch.608823/

As for Wii, ps2 and 3ds, those systems require much more horsepower than what we have in our Switches in order to run.

Here's another good resource for what we have working on Switch:

https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Switch
oh i thought switch can play them cause its the lates lol wii and ps2 are old. but ok, thanks for that.

reading thread, i think i got all the best list lol :3

thanks for the list

ill try dreamcast

and whats this and how to find where to download this game because when i google "arcade games download" its wrong
FBAlphaArcade

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I should've asked this years ago, but is it possible to update games with the latest patches on a hacked switch via legal means? I heard there was a way to update locally using another, non-hacked switch with the update you need, but do the systems need to have the same firmware, and do you need to be connected to the internet in any way(my hacked switch is always in airplane mode)
The Switch does have a feature to update games locally as long as one console is running the game on a higher version and they are both on the same firmware. I don't understand why you would need Internet for this however.
Before I lost my previous mircoSD, I had the .ini file modified so I could both dump and play switch games from carts I physically owned(most for Legends Arceus so I could trade with myself without buying two copies). I looked at the posts from back then, and it says "add kip1patch=nosigcheck right under your kip1=atmosphere/kips/* lines in order to bypass sigchecks", but the contents of my file are different this time around:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=0
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
I completely forgot about this point because I always had this line. You need patches in order to install and launch backups. That line is one piece of the entire patches package. Normally, I don't see anyone actually recommending users to add this line because this line should be provided to you when you download the latest patches. But the places I recommended you to get your hekate_ipl.ini file aren't designed with providing users with these patches due to their association with piracy. You can just add the line yourself or download the hekate_ipl.ini file from the main patches thread on this forum.

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
one more thing, in retroarch
i have 4 controller
2 of them are wireless controller
1 jouycon that split into two

go to switch controller and set up this 4 controller
go to retroarch but only 2 controller can be seen

help

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i thought switch can play them cause its the lates lol wii and ps2 are old. but ok, thanks for that.

reading thread, i think i got all the best list lol :3

thanks for the list

ill try dreamcast

and whats this and how to find where to download this game because when i google "arcade games download" its wrong
FBAlphaArcade

That's Final Burn Alpha. It emulates Arcade cabinets. It plays Final Burn ROMs.

Here's a gallery of some of the games being played. https://www.fbalpha.com/gallery/

one more thing, in retroarch
i have 4 controller
2 of them are wireless controller
1 jouycon that split into two

go to switch controller and set up this 4 controller
go to retroarch but only 2 controller can be seen

help

I've not had a use case to do this yet. Hopefully, someone more familiar with multi-player RetroArch can assist here.

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! i've succesufully installed atmos and hekate and everything runs fine except... I have to backup and reinstall my games constantly because they get corrupted, what can I do?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! i've succesufully installed atmos and hekate and everything runs fine except... I have to backup and reinstall my games constantly because they get corrupted, what can I do?
Corruption is die to a few things:
1) bad card
2) bad filesystem drivers (exfat)
3) bad card reader

I think we’ve been over 1 and 2 so it’s time to look at 3. There are a bunch of Switch SD Card replacements on Amazon.com.

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corruption is die to a few things:
1) bad card
2) bad filesystem drivers (exfat)
3) bad card reader

I think we’ve been over 1 and 2 so it’s time to look at 3. There are a bunch of Switch SD Card replacements on Amazon.com.
Hey! good to see you again. So I should check my card reader? like, the thing i use to plug it to my pc?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! good to see you again. So I should check my card reader? like, the thing i use to plug it to my pc?

Correct. We're running out of options and this is a cheap and easy thing to try.

Similar to these at Amazon. I replaced mine with one I got from a friend so I can only recommend you look at the reviews.

If you want to support iFixit they have an excellent reputation and stand behind their sales.

Not much to it really...

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. We're running out of options and this is a cheap and easy thing to try.

Similar to these at Amazon. I replaced mine with one I got from a friend so I can only recommend you look at the reviews.

If you want to support iFixit they have an excellent reputation and stand behind their sales.

Not much to it really...

Thanks! just to be sure though, how can I 100% be sure it's not any of the first two?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: binkinator

Dutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Haven’t seen or heard of this one. Not sure how you got there from here. It’s safe to just delete this update. You should try to remember anything you were doing that might have prompted this.
I have deleted it many times.. It continuously downloads it. and nags me to install it..
Theres only 5 files in it.
Switch Update 14.1.17-files.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1