Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, both in cfw and stock
Nice!

The two boot options you have now are the main ones needed.
You can look hekate_ipl.ini on your backup to see if the missing boot option is import to you.

At this point just move(rename) /emuMMC to /emuMMC.bk and then copy /emuMMC from your backup to your SDCard and reboot and you should be able to see your games.

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!

The two boot options you have now are the main ones needed.
You can look hekate_ipl.ini on your backup to see if the missing boot option is import to you.

At this point just move(rename) /emuMMC to /emuMMC.bk and then copy /emuMMC from your backup to your SDCard and reboot and you should be able to see your games.
Okay let me see if i've got this right? I rename the emummc folder to emuMMC.bk (.bk extension or just name?) and then I drag my old emummc to my sd card so it basically replaces the files inside emummc.bk?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay let me see if i've got this right? I rename the emummc folder to emuMMC.bk (.bk extension or just name?) and then I drag my old emummc to my sd card so it basically replaces the files inside emummc.bk?
The idea is to move the currently working /emuMMC directory to the side by renaming it to…well, anything really, just to get it out of the way. Then copy the old /emuMMC over to take its place and with a bit of luck that will give you your games that were installed in that directory back.

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The idea is to move the currently working /emuMMC directory to the side by renaming it to…well, anything really, just to get it out of the way. Then copy the old /emuMMC over to take its place and with a bit of luck that will give you your games that were installed in that directory back.
oh okay so i keep (new) emmummc.bk as a failsafe and see if emummc (old) works? got it

Reactions: binkinator

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can copy one from /atmosphere/config_templates/ directory.

What title are you clicking on in the main window when attempting to do title override?

Do you now have a copy of hbmenu.nro at the top level of your SDCard?
trying it with cuphead, and yes hbmenu.nro is on the sd card root

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! so, there's emuMMC.bk and emuMMC (the one with my games) in my root SD and my games are still missing :(

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! so, there's emuMMC.bk and emuMMC (the one with my games) in my root SD and my games are still missing :(
How did you accomplish the backup? For whatever reason it doesn’t appear to be a good backup. You may have to reinstall the games.

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you accomplish the backup? For whatever reason it doesn’t appear to be a good backup. You may have to reinstall the games.
i just copied my SD to desktop... Is there a way to retrieve my games or should I just suck it up and reinstall them and get to where I left? and what do I do with my emmummc folders?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just copied my SD to desktop... Is there a way to retrieve my games or should I just suck it up and reinstall them and get to where I left? and what do I do with my emmummc folders?

What we just tried is the way to restore the games. If you don’t have other backups we are out of things to try.

You can delete the /emuMMC folder and put the /emuMMC.bk back in it’s place. That will at least leave you with a 100% freshly installed system.

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we just tried is the way to restore the games. If you don’t have other backups we are out of things to try.

You can delete the /emuMMC folder and put the /emuMMC.bk back in it’s place. That will at least leave you with a 100% freshly installed system.
Okay! Thanks a lot for helping me through this! Any tips for beginners like me? So i dont lose my progress in the future, or like, must-haves for my switch?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay! Thanks a lot for helping me through this! Any tips for beginners like me? So i dont lose my progress in the future, or like, must-haves for my switch?

Sorry the outcome wasn’t better.

Backups are important. Always use FAT32. Be ridiculously good looking.

Click my signature block. It goes to my blog. There are two pages full of things that should keep you entertained for a while.

e: there is a link to JKSV on the Homebrew page. Backups are stored on your nand so a regular file copy is not enough to save your progress. You should do a full dump/backup of your game saves with JKSV every so often.

Reactions: Okayermi

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry the outcome wasn’t better.

Backups are important. Always use FAT32. Be ridiculously good looking.

Click my signature block. It goes to my blog. There are two pages full of things that should keep you entertained for a while.

e: there is a link to JKSV on the Homebrew page. Backups are stored on your nand so a regular file copy is not enough to save your progress. You should do a full dump/backup of your game saves with JKSV every so often.
I'll do that but here's the thing, now it's stuck in the "nintendo switch" logo... No idea why

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dragged the hb appstore nro to the switch folder in my sd, I checked to see if i could continue without it but it seems like that wasnt it
Might have done a little more. You can always get back to a basic install in minutes with the guide I shared. That will be typically faster than it is to hunt down something you‘re unaware of what you did…

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might have done a little more. You can always get back to a basic install in minutes with the guide I shared. That will be typically faster than it is to hunt down something you‘re unaware of what you did…
The thing is it's happened twice now, i'm at my wits end. No idea what might've done it?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is it's happened twice now, i'm at my wits end. No idea what might've done it?
The one thing you said you’ve done (move an nro file) would not have caused this.

If there’s nothing else you can think of that you might have done then I’m at a loss and can only suspect the SDCard at this point.

If you agree the random issues might be caused by the card then you should run this to confirm/deny:

h2testw — a destructive (in a good way) test to determine if your SD Card is good or not.

Once it’s confirmed good then you will need to reinstall according to the doc you used before and try again but this time take careful note of anything you might change after the fact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5