Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

PoliticallyInept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I knew how to do that, why do you think I'd waste my time asking on a forum such as this?

And switchhaxguide still keeps saying "wait for homebrew", and I would have been fine with that at least. but no, not a damn thing, even since the revision released.

And $200 USD for a modchip from a sketch seller + $250(+!) for the "service" to install it, with no guarantee of it working and no guarantee that you'll even get your console back, is not exactly appealing, on top of the cost of the console itself. No, that's fiscally stupid.

250? I do them professionally and max out at $95 depending on the console. Damn. I could be making 250?

I still wouldn’t. I do them as affordably as I can. All mods come with risk, and I can understand charging for your work, especially if you’re the type that’s going to replace the unit if something does come up, but $250 is absurd.

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great.
Were you able to go into maintenance mode and reboot?
We’re you able to copy the config over?
Any changes?
tinfoil now works thanks to something called jits =) 1 more issue remaining, no matter how many times it try to save protocol/host details in tinfoil with x button, it just doesn't save

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a problem . i have to fix archivebit in hekate. but when i do it it doesnt reconize my Atmosphere folder. what can i do? it goes through some folders except ams

forevertoo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,
If i want to transfer a user from my banned switch to a nonbanned switch, the user has activity (play time) of homebrew apps
Will it get the unbanned switch banned?
Thx

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
If i want to transfer a user from my banned switch to a nonbanned switch, the user has activity (play time) of homebrew apps
Will it get the unbanned switch banned?
Thx
Not directly…the end state should be fine. Getting things from a banned switch to an unbanned switch will be a little tricky unless you hack the unbanned switch in order to xfer the files.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realised i cannot directly transfer save data, what should i do?
Correct. That is the gist of my statement. You have two machines in two different modes of operation. One is going to have to come to the other. Since you can‘t unban your one switch the only other option is to hack the other.

e: if you have access to another “grey-ish” switch it could be the intermediary between the two.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no windows 10
At which point does this process break down?

Step-By-Step Instructions:
- You will need a Windows computer/ VM for this.
- This guide aims to fix the entire SD card. You may do it differently to fix specific files and folders.
- You can also use Hekate to fix just the switch folder, or all files (excluding the Nintendo folder).

1. Select all items at the root of your SD card.
2. Right click the items and select "Properties".
3. Select "Advanced...". Untick the "Folder is ready for archiving" checkbox, then click "OK".
(Note: If the checkbox is already unticked, do steps 3-4 twice, ticking it on the first time and unticking it on the second time.)
4. Click "Apply". When the confirmation dialog comes up, select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files", and click "OK".

5. Navigate to "/Nintendo/Contents/registered/".
6. Select all items inside the "registered" folder.
(/Nintendo/Contents/registered/<select all items in here>)
7. Right click the items and select "Properties".
(Note: Steps 8-9 are the same as above, but this time we want the checkbox to end up being ticked.)
8. Select "Advanced...". Tick the "Folder is ready for archiving" checkbox, then click "OK".
(Note: if the checkbox is already ticked, do steps 8-9 twice, unticking it on the first time and ticking it on the second time).
9. Click "Apply". When the confirmation dialog comes up, select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files", and click "OK".
10. All your files should now be fixed.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i followed it and if i use Fix Archive bit in hekate. it only scans few folders not all (the process normally took like 4 min but now only 5 seconds) it went suddently like that.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed it and if i use Fix Archive bit in hekate. it only scans few folders not all (the process normally took like 4 min but now only 5 seconds) it went suddently like that.
the part above is for Windows rather than Hekate. You selected the following on yiur windows PC and it retuned in just a few seconds?
Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files

Dutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys Does anyone know what this 14.1.17 Update is all about.
Switch Update 14.1.17.jpg

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lost my old microSD for my cfw switch so I got a new one. Where can I find and/or how can I make the hekate_ipi.ini file? I cannot find it anywhere and trying to search only led to topics from early 2021 and I don't know how outdated they are.

The message is the following:
No main boot entries found
Check that bootloader/hekate_ipi.ini has boot entries
or use More configs button for more boot entries

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lost my old microSD for my cfw switch so I got a new one. Where can I find and/or how can I make the hekate_ipi.ini file? I cannot find it anywhere and trying to search only led to topics from early 2021 and I don't know how outdated they are.

The message is the following:
No main boot entries found
Check that bootloader/hekate_ipi.ini has boot entries
or use More configs button for more boot entries
While I appreciate someone wanting to create one for themselves, making your own hekate_ipl.ini file is far more complex for a beginner. Full instructions can be found on Hekate's GitHub page in case you're up for the challenge, but in the event that you're not, there are a few places that provide a pre-configured hekate_ipl.ini file. One such place is DeepSea made by Team Neptune. Another site I recommend using is SDSetup. You should be aware that no matter which place you go to, you will be offered more files than just the hekate_ipl.ini file by itself and there is no way to download that file by itself. But you can still use either site and discard all of the other files if you're only interested in the hekate_ipl.ini file

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I appreciate someone wanting to create one for themselves, making your own hekate_ipl.ini file is far more complex for a beginner. Full instructions can be found on Hekate's GitHub page in case you're up for the challenge, but in the event that you're not, there are a few places that provide a pre-configured hekate_ipl.ini file. One such place is DeepSea made by Team Neptune. Another site I recommend using is SDSetup. You should be aware that no matter which place you go to, you will be offered more files than just the hekate_ipl.ini file by itself and there is no way to download that file by itself. But you can still use either site and discard all of the other files if you're only interested in the hekate_ipl.ini file

Okay, got that all set up, but now my Switch can't read my game cards. I even edited stratosphere

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, got that all set up, but now my Switch can't read my game cards. I even edited stratosphere
Since you use Hekate, you're editing the wrong file. Stratosphere is only needed for disabling nogc if you're booting Atmosphere with Fusee. Because you're using Hekate, you have to modify the nogc settings from within Hekate itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP