Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! we’re almost there. Bad news is you’re probably going to have to restore you Sysnand as well but let’s get you 100% and check everything first!

to fix the warm boot issue you need to add this to the bottom of the /bootloader/helate_ipl.ini file:

Code:
[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Boot into it one time and see.

Moving forward use Daybreak rather than Choi to upgrade firmware. Choi can brick your BootX files and we’ll have to recover again.

You‘ll have to search Google for the Darth Sternie Firmware files as we don’t link to files with Ninty IP in them but once you find them and unaip them into a /firmware directory on your sd card Daybreak you’ll easily be able to find them with Daybreak.nro and get your firmware up to 14.1.1. You should make another backup of your nand once you get everything upgraded.

anyway…that’s all a bit of work but not really tricky so I’ll leave you to it.

glad you’re sorted.!
i added that file and get the warmboot error fix icon if i click it i get the unknown pkg1 version error.
if i boot back into cfw i still get the error

but i will move on

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i added that file and get the warmboot error fix icon if i click it i get the unknown pkg1 version error.
if i boot back into cfw i still get the error

but i will move on
Yeah…was thinking about that. I’m pretty sure your Sysnand is jacked up as well amd Sysnand is what Warmboot boots into. You were right at the beginning…you’re Going to have to restore from backup.

Anyway…get Emunand to 14.1.1 FW first and if it still shows up, restore Sysnand from backup. It should go away at that point but if not, try the warm boot again. It needs to write the version once so they match. Then it will go away.

Last edited by binkinator,

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah…was thinking about that. I’m pretty sure your Sysnand is jacked up as well amd Sysnand is what Warmboot boots into. You were right at the beginning…you’re Going to have to restore from backup.

Anyway…get Emunand to 14.1.1 FW first and if it still shows up, restore from backup and then upgrade your Sysnand 14.1.1 too. It should go away at that point but if not, try the warm boot again. It needs to write the version once so they match. Then it will go away.
i am now on 14.1.1/AMS1.3.2/e!!!
error went away!

now i will back up my nand

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am now on 14.1.1/AMS1.3.2/e!!!
error went away!

now i will back up my nand
GFJ man! You’re home free from here!

If you plan on ever booting back into SXOS on emunand you should know that Firmware 12.0.2 and above on your Sysnand will screw with your 11.0.0 SXOS emunand. If you’re going to be 100% Atmosphere (or on Erista) you can safely ignore this.

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GFJ man! You’re home free from here!

If you plan on ever booting back into SXOS on emunand you should know that Firmware 12.0.2 and above on your Sysnand will screw with your 11.0.0 SXOS emunand. If you’re going to be 100% Atmosphere (or on Erista) you can safely ignore this.
i dont plan on ever going back to sxos

i am trying to back up my nand and get an error 1:20 into this video https://www.sthetix.info/how-to-backup-and-restore/

Screenshot 2022-05-13 230826.png

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont plan on ever going back to sxos

i am trying to back up my nand and get an error 1:20 into this video https://www.sthetix.info/how-to-backup-and-restore/

View attachment 309868
When you did your recovery, did you created a files version (see target below)

6B6FA1D8-6A53-4C35-841F-613F68F22101.png

Use Emutool to move it to your Atmospher Hidden Partition. It should handle the entire conversion for you. You may want to backup your sd card first if it makes you anxious. It would make me anxious having just gotten everything back up. :)

charliedunkers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Hi all :=)

Wondering about an switch , that is currently running on:

Switch fw 11.0.1

Ams M.19.2

hekate 5.5.5

If i want to play the latest games , do i need to update everything on the switch ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all :=)

Wondering about an switch , that is currently running on:

Switch fw 11.0.1

Ams M.19.2

hekate 5.5.5

If i want to play the latest games , do i need to update everything on the switch ?

There are many games at this point that are using higher than 11.0.1. That said there is no reason to upgrade until you come across one of them that you want to play.

When that time comes, take a look at this guide: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Since you already have AMS installed but are below AMS 0.20.1 you should skip to here: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

You should also protect yourself with this: https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Infinity147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys… I have a question regarding the sys nand.

Having purchased a second hand unpatched switch, I’ve no idea if cfw was used on it. So, it could be a clean sys nand or dirty. I have read that there is no way to check if your sys nand is clean or not and essentially you have to run home brew to clean it but still running the risk of leaving traces afterwards. I’ve yet to do anything except a factory reset via the recovery mode.

I want to play online and use the eshop, so should I just backup my Sys nand seeing as there is no way to know the state of my nand before I setup a emu nand and just hope everything will be ok on the OFW and Sys Nand side with regards to access to the eshop and online gaming

cheers guys

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys… I have a question regarding the sys nand.

Having purchased a second hand unpatched switch, I’ve no idea if cfw was used on it. So, it could be a clean sys nand or dirty. I have read that there is no way to check if your sys nand is clean or not and essentially you have to run home brew to clean it but still running the risk of leaving traces afterwards. I’ve yet to do anything except a factory reset via the recovery mode.

I want to play online and use the eshop, so should I just backup my Sys nand seeing as there is no way to know the state of my nand before I setup a emu nand and just hope everything will be ok on the OFW and Sys Nand side with regards to access to the eshop and online gaming

cheers guys
Ayup. Only way to test is to go online…and wait. Attempting to cover tracks is suspicious. Calling Nintendo and explaining that you hacked the switch so you could erase the hacking tracks is not going to win you any points. You’ve already done a factory reset so you are as clean as you are legitimately going to get with a used switch. They might have already been banned or recently did something and on their way to a ban they didn’t even know about. So many angles to cover. Gonna just have to roll the dice. Back up your Sysnand as if it is day one pure and go from there.

Code:
[HEADING=2]How to Delete All Content & Settings on Nintendo Switch[/HEADING]
Applies to:  Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, Nintendo Switch - OLED Model
[HR][/HR]

In this article, you'll learn how to initialize or format the Nintendo Switch system and delete all settings.

Important

For consoles with system menu version 10.0.0 or higher, this process takes approximately five minutes to complete.
Please review the information about what will be lost when you delete all data from the system. Deleted data cannot be recovered.
If you would only like to delete certain data, you can use the Data Management section of the System Settings.
Internet connection is required to format the system.
Any associated Nintendo Accounts will still exist after the system is formatted, and can be re-linked to Nintendo Switch systems and/or managed through accounts.nintendo.com.

Internet connection is required to format the system.

you’ve already been online with the system so Ninty already has your logs. Your dice have already been rolled.

Enjoy your Switch for what it is! :-)

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you did your recovery, did you created a files version (see target below)
not sure what i exactly did :wtf:

View attachment 309883

Use Emutool to move it to your Atmospher Hidden Partition. It should handle the entire conversion for you. You may want to backup your sd card first if it makes you anxious. It would make me anxious having just gotten everything back up. :)
i will have made a copy of my sd card and will try this this afternoon

also what about restoring sysnand?

CrackNubitte

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello. I am really new into the nintendo switch and hacking, so pls beware of me :P

I bought a hacked switch months ago and never used it. last weekend was the first time I was actually gonna use it, but it didn't load any physical game disk, always said that it can't read the disk...
I thought it's the hacking that causes the trouble, and as drunk I was, I tried to put the switch to default settings and deleted the S/D Memory Card aswell since I wanted to play the game badly and had no use of the hacked games. And now nothing will do. The switch will still only load with the S/D memory card, and all I get is a "cmd like screen" saying:
[hekate - CTCaer Mod v4.10.1]
Launch
Options
Toools
Console info
Reboot (normal)
Reboot (RCM)
Power Off

The guy I bought it from gave me a backup from the switch when it was already hacked.

Is there any option I can get the switch back to being a non hacked switch? and if not, can I use the backup to get it atleast back to open to the menu lol?

If the switch is gone, im fine too. but just gotta know :D cheers guys! sorry for my english

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what i exactly did :wtf:
(i was being polite. You did* restore to files.) :)

You could redo the restore again and select Atmosphere Partition on SDCard this time if you’d like.
i will have made a copy of my sd card and will try this this afternoon
good idea!
also what about restoring sysnand?
You can boot into Hekate and share UMS over USB cable and attach it to your PC where you can then use Emutool to restore it from backup the exact same way we did your sd card. Just different target. :-)

from the NXNandManager README.md

sysNAND or emuNAND (via Hekate)​

1. Launch Hekate/Nyx (v5.2+) on your Nintendo Switch. Navigate to Tools > USB Tools
  2. Either select "eMMC RAW GPP" (sysNand) or "emu RAW GPP" (emuNAND) to mount your NAND on your computer (you can mount BOOT0/BOOT1 separately). Set "Read-Only" to OFF if you want to perform restore operations.
  3. Open NxNandManager then open new drive (CTRL + D).
  4. Select the mounted drive. You can now perform backup/restore operations.

*…it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am really new into the nintendo switch and hacking, so pls beware of me :P

I bought a hacked switch months ago and never used it. last weekend was the first time I was actually gonna use it, but it didn't load any physical game disk, always said that it can't read the disk...
I thought it's the hacking that causes the trouble, and as drunk I was, I tried to put the switch to default settings and deleted the S/D Memory Card aswell since I wanted to play the game badly and had no use of the hacked games. And now nothing will do. The switch will still only load with the S/D memory card, and all I get is a "cmd like screen" saying:
[hekate - CTCaer Mod v4.10.1]
Launch
Options
Toools
Console info
Reboot (normal)
Reboot (RCM)
Power Off

The guy I bought it from gave me a backup from the switch when it was already hacked.

Is there any option I can get the switch back to being a non hacked switch? and if not, can I use the backup to get it atleast back to open to the menu lol?

If the switch is gone, im fine too. but just gotta know :D cheers guys! sorry for my english
Hit use the arrow keys or joystick to select Launch and see what happens! Hopefully there is something like Atmosphere or Reinx or heck maybe even SXOS as an option under Launch.

that’s a really old version of Hekate to begin with. I would upgrade everything using this guide: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Resetting to stock is possible but we might not have to do that to get things working For you.

Infinity147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One more question?

There are a lot of guides on forums and dedicated websites for hacking your switch, some appear to be outdated. One example being one site saying you need a demo,game or app, from the e store to be able to initiate hombrew.

Could you guys direct me to the most up to date noob friendly guide. That covers all bases?

I ask because there are good guides out there for individual things but being new to the scene I’m not sure in what order to do some things and in some cases certain guides are giving out conflicting info

Thanks in advance

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question?

There are a lot of guides on forums and dedicated websites for hacking your switch, some appear to be outdated. One example being one site saying you need a demo,game or app, from the e store to be able to initiate hombrew.
Not really…it’s just nice to have a starter game on there so you can do a title override (which allows you to use more memory for running homebrew)

Some Installers (like Tinfoil.nro) require title override to install so there’s a catch-22…need something installed before you can install a title. Need to override a title so you can install tinfoil.nro!

A great solution to that though is to use a basic but competent installer like Tinwoo that doesn’t need title override.

It does everything you really need without all the install hassle!

Could you guys direct me to the most up to date noob friendly guide. That covers all bases?

I ask because there are good guides out there for individual things but being new to the scene I’m not sure in what order to do some things and in some cases certain guides are giving out conflicting info

Thanks in advance

This one worked for me: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
It’s up to date and covers all the basics and is divided into chapters based on your Switch’s use case.

Infinity147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really…it’s just nice to have a starter game on there so you can do a title override (which allows you to use more memory for running homebrew)

Some Installers (like Tinfoil.nro) require title override to install so there’s a catch-22…need something installed before you can install a title. Need to override a title so you can install tinfoil.nro!

A great solution to that though is to use a basic but competent installer like Tinwoo that doesn’t need title override.

It does everything you really need without all the install hassle!

This one worked for me: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
It’s up to date and covers all the basics and is divided into chapters based on your Switch’s use case.
Awesome thanks 😀

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I re built my emunand and got my cfw working again but the new emunand was built from the latest stock fw.

Went to re install all my games in cfw and all but two refuse to install through tinfoil now :(

I tried downloading a new copy of one game to see if there was a corruption but i still get the same issue.

I get the same error on the latest version of tinfoil or the previous version.

I thought OK, I'll just use my emmc backup to create an emunand based on the previous stock Fw but after successfully creating a new emunand from it, I'm still on the latest 14.1.1 and not 13.2.1which my emmc backup wan made from.

Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong when trying to use my emmc backup to create an emunand?

Frustratingly, I deleted my whole SD backup after retrieving the data I needed as I didn't think I needed it anymore and transferring 150gb is a very long process and my pc storage capacity is not infinite, I thought it would be easy to build the emunand from the emmc backup but I'm obviously doing something wrong as it puts me on the latest Fw.

The Fw version would not be an issue if there is some other reason why games are not installing, I'm just making the assumption that the Fw version is the cause?

I haven't tried any other installers, I'll try others if anyone can recommended some?

Thanks, Steve.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re built my emunand and got my cfw working again but the new emunand was built from the latest stock fw.

Went to re install all my games in cfw and all but two refuse to install through tinfoil now :(

I tried downloading a new copy of one game to see if there was a corruption but i still get the same issue.

I get the same error on the latest version of tinfoil or the previous version.

I thought OK, I'll just use my emmc backup to create an emunand based on the previous stock Fw but after successfully creating a new emunand from it, I'm still on the latest 14.1.1 and not 13.2.1which my emmc backup wan made from.

Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong when trying to use my emmc backup to create an emunand?

Frustratingly, I deleted my whole SD backup after retrieving the data I needed as I didn't think I needed it anymore and transferring 150gb is a very long process and my pc storage capacity is not infinite, I thought it would be easy to build the emunand from the emmc backup but I'm obviously doing something wrong as it puts me on the latest Fw.

The Fw version would not be an issue if there is some other reason why games are not installing, I'm just making the assumption that the Fw version is the cause?

I haven't tried any other installers, I'll try others if anyone can recommended some?

Thanks, Steve.
You’re on the right track. Make sure your Sigpatches need to match your firmware. Most likely will need to run Daybreak and upgrade 13.2.1 to 14.1.1 using Darth Sternie Firmware. Then just grab the latest sigpatches and you’ll be golden.

Loady2k16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, is there a place to follow hacking development of V2 models?

Because here in my city doesn't have any place to install a modchip and I'm afraid to install by myself because I'm not good at soldering. I tried soldering a modchip in a original Xbox and in a GameCube and I messed up everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: