Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Power off by holding the power button for 15 seconds.

press and hold both (vol +) and (vol -) buttons and while holding them down tap the power button and then continue to hold the (vol +) and (vol -) buttons and wait patiently while it boots into maintenance mode. Unless your switch is seriously broken this should work exactly how the official Nintendo docs indicate.

E: to clarify, just in case, it’s the two volume buttons right next to the power button that we’re talking about…not the + and - keys on the Joy cons.
i hold down vol+ and vol- and press the power button my chip will flash a red/blue (purplish color) turns green for just a couple of seconds then nothing.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hold down vol+ and vol- and press the power button my chip will flash a red/blue (purplish color) turns green for just a couple of seconds then nothing.
From what I’ve seen that’s the proper way to get into maintenance mode on a Mariko.

Maybe try slightly different timing?

Here it is in action:

e: All this said I don’t think there’s an issue with you Sysnand. We can forge ahead with the creation of the emummc. Worst case it doesn’t boot…which won’t hurt us one bit since that’s where we are anyway right now.

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck my friend
Interesting for sure. Still not worried.

I don’t think there’s an issue with you Sysnand. We can forge ahead with the creation of the emummc Using Hekate. Worst case it doesn’t boot…which won’t hurt us one bit since that’s where we are anyway right now.

Reactions: alphajl7

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to watch the whole thing…yes, those are the correct steps for what we want to do.

If this doesn’t work we will check the version of Sysnand gia other means…let’s see what happens with the emummc partition first though.
everything went fine when i tried to launch cfw i get this:
20220513_095010.jpg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything went fine when i tried to launch cfw i get this:
View attachment 309807

edit:

Before we do the steps below let’s take a look at this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

We can skip past the fetching of software and just go to the config part.

Specifically this:

Move the following file to the /bootloader/payloads/ folder:

• fusee.bin
Create a file named hekate_ipl.ini inside of your /bootloader/ folder and paste one of these configurations within the file:

Mariko devices:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

And rename hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin to payload.bin (this step applies only to SX Core/Lite & SX Pro users).

If this doesn’t work then we’ll move on with the more drastic measures below…

———————————————

OK…let’s see what we’re dealing with.

Download and inject Lockpick_RCM.bin and dump your keys to your SD card. We will need them for the next step (good to have a secure copy of these anyway.)

Now grab a copy of NxNandManager for your PC, fire up Hekate and mount the emunand we just created. There are instructions for doing this in the README.md.

First and foremost I’d be curious to know what version it reports.

We can to a test restore from your backups to your emunand. Once we get that booting properly we’ll think about next steps for Sysnand.

E: Could also use Emutool to restore your backup to your emunand, but let’s just use NXNandManager for the moment because I want to know the version first.

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit:

Before we do the steps below let’s take a look at this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

Specifically this:

• fusee.bin
Create a file named hekate_ipl.ini inside of your /bootloader/ folder and paste one of these configurations within the file:

Mariko devices:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]

[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

And rename hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin to payload.bin (this step applies only to SX Core/Lite & SX Pro users).

If this doesn’t work then we’ll move on with the more drastic measures below…

———————————————

OK…let’s see what we’re dealing with.

Download and inject Lockpick_RCM.bin and dump your keys to your SD card. We will need them for the next step (good to have a secure copy of these anyway.)

Now grab a copy of NxNandManager for your PC, fire up Hekate and mount the emunand we just created. There are instructions for doing this in the README.md.

First and foremost I’d be curious to know what version it reports.

We can to a test restore from your backups to your emunand. Once we get that booting properly we’ll think about next steps for Sysnand.

E: Could also use Emutool to restore your backup to your emunand, but let’s just use NXNandManager for the moment because I want to know the version first.
not sure if i was supposed to dump sysnand or emunand keys and unsure about the NxNandManager as i cant find a readme.md file. but i dumped the sysnand keys and put the sd card in my pc and selected the sd card and here is what i got.
ghjgh.PNG

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if i was supposed to dump sysnand or emunand keys and unsure about the NxNandManager as i cant find a readme.md file.
README.md is just what you typically see on the front page of a GitHub project. It seems like you grokd it because you got this far. :-)
but i dumped the sysnand keys and put the sd card in my pc and selected the sd card and here is what i got.
They will be the same since emunand is a copy of sysnand...so you're good either way.

Take a look at your Boot 0 file.

Mine looks like this:

1652466719018.png

What version is your FW?

Next, let’s take a look at this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

I want to try booting from fusee.bin directly by replacing the Hekate style boot with this in your hekate_ipl.ini payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

Here’s how…

Specifically this:

• fusee.bin

Mariko devices:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]

[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

If this doesn’t work let’s restore you emunand from backup…

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
README.md is just what you typically see on the front page of a GitHub project. It seems like you grokd it because you got this far. :-)

They will be the same since emunand is a copy of sysnand...so you're good either way.

Take a look at your Boot 0 file.

Mine looks like this:

View attachment 309826

What version is your FW?

Next, let’s take a look at this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

I want to try booting from fusee.bin directly by replacing the Hekate style boot with this in your hekate_ipl.ini payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

Here’s how…

Specifically this:

• fusee.bin

Mariko devices:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]

[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

If this doesn’t work let’s restore you emunand from backup…
my apologies i got busy at work right before time to go home and was trying to hurry and totally skipped the part about loading the fusee.bin.(also got an error)
then loaded up hekate and connected via usb and if i load the BOOT0 NX showes it as BOOT1 but no matter which one i load up they all say FW ver. :N/A
Screenshot 2022-05-13 141312.png

I also tried:

and no luck!

Last edited by alphajl7,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my apologies i got busy at work right before time to go home and was trying to hurry and totally skipped the part about loading the fusee.bin.(also got an error)
then loaded up hekate and connected via usb and if i load the BOOT0 NX showes it as BOOT1 but no matter which one i load up they all say FW ver. :N/A
View attachment 309832
Well…that ends the gentle part of our adventure.

Lets use NXNandManager to do a full restorefrom your backups to your emunand on your sd card.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to be sure View attachment 309835 these files?
Yes, those are they. Simply restore them to your sd card as your emunand. Take a look at the backup boot0 while you're at it to make sure it has a FW version. after you're done restoring to emunand...you SHOULD be able to boot CFW.

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, those are they. Simply restore them to your sd card as your emunand. Take a look at the backup boot0 while you're at it to make sure it has a FW version. after you're done restoring to emunand...you SHOULD be able to boot CFW.
Not sure how to restore the full.00.bin files back to my sd card as emunand and also if i take those files and load them up in nxnandmanager it still says FW ver.: N/A (i am talking about my backup files prehack)

if i put the FULL.00.bin file in NAnandmanager and hit full restore i get this message

Screenshot 2022-05-13 161313.png

Last edited by alphajl7,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how to restore the full.00.bin files back to my sd card as emunand and also if i take those files and load them up in nxnandmanager it still says FW ver.: N/A (i am talking about my backup files prehack)

if i put the FULL.00.bin file in NAnandmanager and hit full restore i get this message

View attachment 309844
That should work. Let me do a recovery real quick on my end.

E: I'm taking it a step further back and restoring to a blank SD card using Emutool (same concept..slightly different tool that allows me to read a backup and create an emunand where there wasn't one before.)

1652478557494.png

1652478623208.png

E2: the reason I’m doing it this way is I just dropped a fresh copy of HATS on a new SD card and am restoring a files based emunand from backup without having created anything with Hekate (in other words completely broken…restoring from scratch to FW11..will upgrade to FW 14.1.1 after the fact.)

E3: it's finished restoring.
1652480220204.png
...now to try it in my switch.

e4: Hekate sees my files based partition I just created from backup. didn’t have to do anything…it just pops right up.
image.jpg

booted right up and shows my ancient 11.0.1 restored emunand running Atmos 1.3.2 (E)munand

image.jpg

@alphajl7 your turn, brotha. Let’s recover an Emunand to sd card. Files or partition…doesn’t matter at the moment. (Actually…you probably have a partition already so you can do a proper partition recovery to sd). We just want something to boot.

Reactions: alphajl7

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should work. Let me do a recovery real quick on my end.

E: I'm taking it a step further back and restoring to a blank SD card using Emutool (same concept..slightly different tool that allows me to read a backup and create an emunand where there wasn't one before.)

View attachment 309849

View attachment 309850

E2: the reason I’m doing it this way is I just dropped a fresh copy of HATS on a new SD card and am restoring a files based emunand from backup without having created anything with Hekate (in other words completely broken…restoring from scratch to FW11..will upgrade to FW 14.1.1 after the fact.)

E3: it's finished restoring.
View attachment 309851
...now to try it in my switch.

e4: Hekate sees my files based partition I just created from backup. didn’t have to do anything…it just pops right up.
View attachment 309852

booted right up and shows my ancient 11.0.1 restored emunand running Atmos 1.3.2 (E)munand

View attachment 309853

@alphajl7 your turn, brotha. Let’s recover an Emunand to sd card. Files or partition…doesn’t matter at the moment. (Actually…you probably have a partition already so you can do a proper partition recovery to sd). We just want something to boot.
alright running EmuTools now i hope i set it up right and not sure how long it will take giving it doesnt give an ETA

Screenshot 2022-05-13 200457.png

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright running EmuTools now i hope i set it up right and not sure how long it will take giving it doesnt give an ETA

View attachment 309857
The bottom left gives you a running status of which file it’s on (03/07 for example) and how many blocks it has written. Mine took maybe 15-30 mins (or so?). Based on your time stamp I would guess you should be about done. Fingers crossed over here.

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bottom left gives you a running status of which file it’s on (03/07 for example) and how many blocks it has written. Mine took maybe 15-30 mins (or so?). Based on yiur time stamp you should be about done.
OMG FINALLY still got a error but it has booted into CFW emunand!!!!!!!

Screenshot 2022-05-13 205136.png

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG FINALLY still got a error but it has booted into CFW emunand!!!!!!!

View attachment 309864

Nice! we’re almost there. Bad news is you’re probably going to have to restore you Sysnand as well but let’s get you 100% and check everything first!

to fix the warm boot issue you need to add this to the bottom of the /bootloader/helate_ipl.ini file:

Code:
[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

Boot into it one time and see.

Moving forward use Daybreak rather than Choi to upgrade firmware. Choi can brick your BootX files and we’ll have to recover again.

You‘ll have to search Google for the Darth Sternie Firmware files as we don’t link to files with Ninty IP in them but once you find them and unzip them into a /firmware directory on your sd card, you’ll easily be able to find them with Daybreak.nro and get your firmware up to 14.1.1. You should make another backup of your nand once you get everything upgraded.

anyway…that’s all a bit of work but not really tricky so I’ll leave you to it.

glad you’re sorted.!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.